Children and Youth Services Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:cysrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2010, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 1108-1120 Childhood predictors of adult substance abuse
by Arteaga, Irma & Chen, Chin-Chih & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 1121-1131 Preschool-to-third grade programs and practices: A review of research
by Reynolds, Arthur J. & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Ou, Suh-Ruu
2010, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 913-921 Arranging stability for children in long-term out-of-home care
by Christiansen, Øivin & Havik, Toril & Anderssen, Norman
- 922-928 Child protection in a family-service organisation -- What is the outcome for maltreated children?
by Cocozza, Madeleine & Gustafsson, Per A. & Sydsjö, Gunilla
- 929-944 Toward a general model for child welfare and protection services: A meta-evaluation of international experiences regarding the adoption of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and Their Families (FACNF)
by Léveillé, Sophie & Chamberland, Claire
- 945-964 Pediatric Bipolar Disorder: Part I -- Is it related to classical Bipolar
by Littrell, Jill & Lyons, Peter
- 965-973 Pediatric Bipolar Disorder: An issue for Child Welfare
by Littrell, Jill & Lyons, Peter
- 974-980 The association between length of stay in residential care and educational achievement: Results from 5- and 16-year follow-up studies
by Ringle, Jay L. & Ingram, Stephanie D. & Thompson, Ronald W.
- 981-989 Child sexual abuse education with ethnically diverse families: A preliminary analysis
by Kenny, Maureen C.
- 990-997 Para-social work to address most vulnerable children in sub-Sahara Africa: A case example in Tanzania
by Linsk, Nathan & Mabeyo, Zena & Omari, Leah & Petras, Donna & Lubin, Bonnie & Abate, Abebe Assefa & Steinitz, Lucy & Kaijage, Theresa & Mason, Sally
- 998-1003 Transitioning from informal to formal substitute care following maltreatment investigation
by Park, Jung Min & Helton, Jesse
- 1004-1011 Mental health needs of children exposed to intimate partner violence seeking help from mental health services
by Olaya, Beatriz & Ezpeleta, Lourdes & de la Osa, Nuria & Granero, Roser & Doménech, Josep Maria
- 1012-1019 Expedited family group engagement and child permanency
by Pennell, Joan & Edwards, Myles & Burford, Gale
- 1020-1027 Challenges in implementing participatory practice in child protection: A contingency approach
by Darlington, Yvonne & Healy, Karen & Feeney, Judith A.
- 1028-1034 Pragmatic language development and educational style in neglected children
by Moreno Manso, Juan Manuel & García-Baamonde, Ma Elena & Alonso, Macarena Blázquez & Barona, Eloísa Guerrero
- 1035-1044 The timing to and risk factors associated with child welfare system recidivism at two decision-making points
by Kahn, Jessica M. & Schwalbe, Craig
2010, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 783-789 A question of class: On the heterogeneous relationship between background characteristics and a child's placement risk
by Andersen, Signe Hald & Fallesen, Peter
- 790-797 Understanding service use and victim patterns associated with re-reports of alleged maltreatment perpetrators
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Chung, Sulki & Way, Ineke & Jolley, Jennifer
- 798-806 The problems and barriers of RHYA as social policy
by Glassman, Michael & Karno, Donna & Erdem, Gizem
- 807-814 Long-term effects of Head Start on academic and school outcomes of children in persistent poverty: Girls vs. boys
by Joo, Myungkook
- 815-821 Service use and multi-sector use for mental health problems by youth in contact with child welfare
by Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. & Mustillo, Sarah A. & Wagner, H. Ryan & Burns, Barbara J. & Kolko, David J. & Barth, Richard P. & Leslie, Laurel K.
- 822-828 The current status and impact of US National Policy on the help-seeking behavior of adolescents
by Lippman, Angie Del Prado
- 829-832 Frequent moving has a negative affect on the school achievement of foster children makes the case for reform
by Allen, Barton & Vacca, James S.
- 833-839 Behavioral characteristics among obese/overweight inner-city African American Children: A secondary analysis of participants in a community-based Type 2 diabetes risk reduction program
by Stone, Susan & Raman, Aarthi & Fleming, Sharon
- 840-846 Commitment to child welfare work: What predicts leaving and staying?
by Faller, Kathleen Coulborn & Grabarek, Marguerite & Ortega, Robert M.
- 847-856 Factors influencing child welfare employee's turnover: Focusing on organizational culture and climate
by Shim, Miseung
- 857-864 Patterns of movement for youth within an integrated continuum of residential services
by Huefner, Jonathan C. & James, Sigrid & Ringle, Jay & Thompson, Ronald W. & Daly, Daniel L.
- 865-873 Nurturing hope in refugee children during early years of post-war adjustment
by Yohani, Sophie
- 874-883 Timing and influence of early experiences of child maltreatment and homelessness on children's educational well-being
by Perlman, Staci & Fantuzzo, John
- 884-888 Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy: A Spanish proposal of therapeutic management
by de la Cerda Ojeda, F. & Muñoz-Cabello, B. & Lanzarote-Fernandez, M.D. & Gomez de Terreros, I.
- 889-895 Low-income single mothers' community violence exposure and aggressive parenting practices
by Zhang, Saijun & Anderson, Steven G.
- 896-901 Fulfilling the hope of ICWA: The role of community context
by Quash-Mah, Susan & Stockard, Jean & Johnson-Shelton, Deborah & Crowley, Ryann
- 902-912 Racial and ethnic differences in the outcomes of former foster youth
by Dworsky, Amy & White, Catherine Roller & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter & Courtney, Mark & Kessler, Ronald & Sampson, Nancy & Hwang, Irving
2010, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 639-649 Substance using parents, foster care, and termination of parental rights: The importance of risk factors for legal outcomes
by Meyer, Andrea S. & McWey, Lenore M. & McKendrick, Wachell & Henderson, Tammy L.
- 650-656 Incidences of sexual contacts of children: Impacts of family characteristics and family structure from a national sample
by Leung, Patrick & Curtis Jr., Russell L. & Mapp, Susan C.
- 657-663 Factors predicting placement of urban American Indian/Alaskan Natives into out-of-home care
by Carter, Vernon B.
- 664-671 In search of innovation: A national qualitative analysis of child welfare recruitment and retention efforts
by Gomez, Rebecca J. & Travis, Dnika J. & Ayers-Lopez, Susan & Schwab, A. James
- 672-678 Participation in Boys & Girls Clubs, vulnerability, and problem behaviors
by Anderson-Butcher, Dawn & Cash, Scottye J.
- 679-684 Disproportionate representation of African-American children in foster care: Secondary analysis of the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System, 2005
by Knott, Theresa & Donovan, Kirsten
- 685-690 Timely identification of mental health problems in two foster care medical homes
by Jee, Sandra & Szilagyi, Moira & Blatt, Steven & Meguid, Victoria & Auinger, Peggy & Szilagyi, Peter
- 691-697 Mental health services for children and youth in the child welfare system: A focus on caregivers as gatekeepers
by Villagrana, Margarita
- 698-703 Child welfare caregivers: An evaluation of access to pediatric health care
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & McDaniel, Dawn & Xie, Bin & Arnold Clark, Janet S.
- 704-710 "The law cannot terminate bloodlines": Families and child welfare decisions
by Shdaimah, Corey
- 711-719 Comparison of parents' and social workers' assessments of the quality of life of children at risk
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Kaznelson, Hagith
- 720-731 Bilingualism and socioemotional well-being
by Han, Wen-Jui
- 732-739 Innovation in child welfare: The adoption and implementation of Family Group Decision Making in Pennsylvania
by Rauktis, Mary E. & McCarthy, Sharon & Krackhardt, David & Cahalane, Helen
- 740-748 Assessments of emotional abuse and neglect with the CTQ: Issues and estimates
by Baker, Amy J.L. & Maiorino, Elizabeth
- 749-757 Factors influencing length of stay in out-of-home placements: Are human services and corrections placements different?
by Heggeness, Misty L. & Davis, Elizabeth E.
- 758-766 Scholarships and supports available to foster care alumni: A study of 12 programs across the US
by Hernandez, Liliana & Naccarato, Toni
- 767-773 Food stamp program participation, informal supports, household food security and child food security: A comparison of african american and caucasian households in poverty
by Yu, ManSoo & Lombe, Margaret & Nebbitt, Von E.
- 774-782 Homeownership and parenting practices: Evidence from the community advantage panel
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Manturuk, Kim R. & Key, Clinton C. & Paik, Jong-Gyu & Greeson, Johann K.P.
2010, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 475-481 Reunification from foster care: Informing measures over time
by Shaw, Terry V.
- 482-486 The influence of job satisfaction on child welfare worker's desire to stay: An examination of the interaction effect of self-efficacy and supportive supervision
by Chen, Szu-Yu & Scannapieco, Maria
- 487-495 Vulnerability in the transition to adulthood: Defining risk based on youth profiles
by Berzin, Stephanie Cosner
- 496-505 Stigma experience among adolescents taking psychiatric medication
by Kranke, Derrick & Floersch, Jerry & Townsend, Lisa & Munson, Michelle
- 506-519 A meta-analysis of the effects of early developmental prevention programs in at-risk populations on non-health outcomes in adolescence
by Manning, Matthew & Homel, Ross & Smith, Christine
- 520-526 Prevalence of recalled childhood emotional abuse among child welfare staff and related well-being factors
by Festinger, Trudy & Baker, Amy
- 527-535 A steady presence in the midst of change: Non-kin natural mentors in the lives of older youth exiting foster care
by Munson, Michelle R. & Smalling, Susan E. & Spencer, Renée & Scott Jr., Lionel D. & Tracy, Elizabeth M.
- 536-543 Localities, social services and child abuse: The role of community characteristics in social services allocation and child abuse reporting
by Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 544-550 An exploratory study of the range of implications of families' criminal justice system involvement in child welfare cases
by Phillips, Susan D. & Dettlaff, Alan J. & Baldwin, Melinda J.
- 551-559 Employment outcomes of foster youth: The results from the Midwest Evaluation of the Adult Functioning of Foster Youth
by Naccarato, Toni & Brophy, Megan & Courtney, Mark E.
- 560-564 Developmental and cultural assets and resilient outcomes in First Nations young people in care: An initial test of an explanatory model
by Filbert, Katharine M. & Flynn, Robert J.
- 565-577 One adult who is crazy about you: Can natural mentoring relationships increase assets among young adults with and without foster care experience?
by Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Usher, Lynn & Grinstein-Weiss, Michal
- 578-584 A comparison of caseworker characteristics in public and private foster care agencies
by Hollingsworth, Leslie D. & Bybee, Deborah & Johnson, Elizabeth I. & Swick, Danielle C.
- 585-594 Parental income, assets, borrowing constraints and children's post-secondary education
by Huang, Jin & Guo, Baorong & Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael
- 595-603 Key features of effective citizen-state child welfare partnerships: Findings from a national study of citizen review panels
by Bryan, Valerie & Jones, Blake & Lawson, Emily
- 604-610 The transition to adoptive parenthood: A pilot study of parents adopting in Ontario, Canada
by McKay, Katherine & Ross, Lori E.
- 611-618 Pathways Triple P and the child welfare system: A promising fit
by Petra, Megan & Kohl, Patricia
- 619-625 Balancing permanency and stability for youth in foster care
by Stott, Tonia & Gustavsson, Nora
- 626-634 Prevalence and timing of diagnosable mental health, alcohol, and substance use problems among older adolescents in the child welfare system
by Keller, Thomas E. & Salazar, Amy M. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 635-636 Jill Duerr Berrick, Take Me Home , Protecting America's Vulnerable Children and Families, Oxford University Press, Inc, New York (2009) ISBN: 978-0-19-532262-0 1, 194 pp
by Esposito, Tonino
- 637-637 Call for papers: Children and youth services review
by Klein, Sacha & Harden, Brenda Jones
2010, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 309-317 When child abuse overlaps with domestic violence: The factors that influence child protection workers' beliefs
by Postmus, Judy L. & Merritt, Darcey H.
- 318-324 Gender variation in delinquent behavior changes of child welfare-involved youth
by Postlethwait, Ariana W. & Barth, Richard P. & Guo, Shenyang
- 325-337 A typology of kinship foster families: Latent class and exploratory analyses of kinship family structure and household composition
by Zinn, Andrew
- 338-345 So you have a stable child welfare workforce -- What's next?
by Strand, Virginia C. & Spath, Robin & Bosco-Ruggiero, Stephanie
- 346-355 Child care subsidy patterns: Are exits related to economic setbacks or economic successes?
by Ha, Yoonsook & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 356-364 Approaches to assessment and intervention across four types of child and family welfare services
by Darlington, Yvonne & Healy, Karen & Feeney, Judith A.
- 365-370 School-based humane education as a strategy to prevent violence: Review and recommendations
by Faver, Catherine A.
- 371-379 Understanding the needs of staff in Head Start programs: The characteristics, perceptions, and experiences of home visitors
by Jones Harden, Brenda & Denmark, Nicole & Saul, Dale
- 380-388 Employment-based social capital, job stress, and employee burnout: A public child welfare employee structural model
by Boyas, Javier & Wind, Leslie H.
- 389-398 Permanency outcomes of children in kinship and non-kinship foster care: Testing the external validity of kinship effects
by Koh, Eun
- 399-408 An examination of theory and promising practice for achieving permanency for teens before they age out of foster care
by Avery, Rosemary J.
- 409-415 Pathways and predictors of antisocial behaviors in African American adolescents from poor neighborhoods
by Park, Nan S. & Lee, Beom S. & Sun, Fei & Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Bolland, John M.
- 416-422 Recurrent reporting of child maltreatment: State of knowledge and avenues for research
by Hélie, Sonia & Bouchard, Camil
- 423-429 What works? A 15-year follow-up study of 85 young people with serious behavioral problems
by Helgeland, Ingeborg Marie
- 430-436 From passive welfare to community governance: Youth NGOs in Australia and Scotland
by O'Toole, Kevin & Dennis, Jennifer & Kilpatrick, Sue & Farmer, Jane
- 437-444 Does anyone know what is going on? Examining children's lived experience of the transition into foster care
by Mitchell, Monique B. & Kuczynski, Leon
- 445-451 Developing aftercare: Phase I: Consumer feedback
by Trout, Alexandra L. & Epstein, Michael H.
- 452-459 Child-centered social work practice -- three unique meanings in the context of looking after children and the assessment framework in Australia, Canada and Sweden
by Rasmusson, Bodil & Hyvönen, Ulf & Nygren, Lennart & Khoo, Evelyn
- 460-465 Early specialized foster care, developmental outcomes and home salivary cortisol patterns in prenatally substance-exposed infants
by D'Angiulli, Amedeo & Sullivan, Richard
- 466-473 Why do some maltreated youth become juvenile offenders?: A call for further investigation and adaptation of youth services
by Bender, Kimberly
2010, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 145-154 Supportive housing for families in child welfare: Client characteristics and their outcomes at discharge
by Farrell, Anne F. & Britner, Preston A. & Guzzardo, Mariana & Goodrich, Samantha
- 155-163 Who cares for children? Why are we where we are with American child care policy?
by Palley, Elizabeth
- 164-170 School change, academic progress, and behavior problems in a sample of foster youth
by Sullivan, Melissa J. & Jones, Loring & Mathiesen, Sally
- 171-177 Ethnic group comparisons in mental health outcomes of adult alumni of foster care
by Harris, Marian S. & Jackson, Lovie J. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter
- 178-184 Community-based programs for children at risk: The case of budget flexibility in Departments of Social Services in Israel
by Schmid, Hillel & Dolev, Talal & Szabo-Lael, Rachel
- 185-190 Foster parent parenting characteristics that lead to increased placement stability or disruption
by Crum, Wes
- 191-197 Internationally adopted adults who did not suffer severe early deprivation: The role of appraisal of adoption
by Storsbergen, Hester E. & Juffer, Femmie & van Son, Maarten J.M. & Hart, Harm 't
- 198-205 The importance of expanding home visitation services to include strengthening family relationships for the benefit of children
by Sar, Bibhuti K. & Antle, Becky F. & Bledsoe, Linda K. & Barbee, Anita P. & Van Zyl, Michiel A.
- 206-213 The effects of kinship care on adult mental health outcomes of alumni of foster care
by Fechter-Leggett, Molly O. & O'Brien, Kirk
- 214-222 The making of evidence-based practice: The case of Project ALERT
by Gorman, Dennis M. & Conde, Eugenia
- 223-230 Training the child welfare workforce in healthy couple relationships: An examination of attitudes and outcomes
by Antle, Becky F. & Frey, Shannon E. & Sar, Bibhuti K. & Barbee, Anita P. & van Zyl, Michiel A.
- 231-238 The relation between children's health and academic achievement
by Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H. & Goldhaber, Dan D.
- 239-245 Helping child welfare workers improve cultural competence by utilizing spiritual genograms with Native American families and children
by Limb, Gordon E. & Hodge, David R.
- 246-254 The meaning and making of childhood in the era of globalization: Challenges for social work
by Finn, Janet L. & Nybell, Lynn M. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 255-263 Helping former foster youth graduate from college through campus support programs
by Dworsky, Amy & Pérez, Alfred
- 264-273 The effect of WIC on breastfeeding: A new look at an established relationship
by Jiang, Miao & Foster, E. Michael & Gibson-Davis, Christina M.
- 274-280 Predicting child fatalities among less-severe CPS investigations
by Graham, J. Christopher & Stepura, Kelly & Baumann, Donald J. & Kern, Homer
- 281-285 The effect of a learning collaborative to improve engagement in child mental health services
by Cavaleri, Mary A. & Gopalan, Geetha & McKay, Mary M. & Messam, Taiwanna & Velez, Evelyn & Elwyn, Laura
- 286-291 Fostering connections and medical homes: Addressing health disparities among children in substitute care
by Sanchez, Katherine & Gomez, Rebecca & Davis, King
- 292-297 The impact of early mental health services on child behavioral outcomes: Comparisons between and within trajectory groups
by Tabone, Jiyoung Kim & Thompson, Richard & Wiley, Tisha R.A.
- 298-305 Training to raise unemployed youth's work commitment in Tianjin
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Ngai, Ngan-pun
- 306-307 Pedophilia and sexual offending against children: Theory, assessment and intervention by Michael C. Seto, PhD, 2007, ISBN: 1-4338-0114-0
by Fast, Elizabeth D.
2010, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-5 Uninsured children: A state-by-state analysis
by Ozawa, Martha N. & Yeo, Yeong Hun
- 6-12 Early detection of prenatal substance exposure and the role of child welfare
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Austin, Michael J. & Cormier, Denicia R.
- 13-19 Multilevel evaluation of factors predicting school exclusion among middle and high school students
by Theriot, Matthew T. & Craun, Sarah W. & Dupper, David R.
- 20-27 Early childhood educators: Perspectives on maltreatment and mandated reporting
by Smith, Maureen C.
- 28-37 Risk of intimate partner violence: Role of childhood sexual abuse and sexual initiation in women in Japan
by Yoshihama, Mieko & Horrocks, Julie
- 38-43 The roles of parenting and child welfare services in alcohol use by adolescents
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
- 44-50 Trauma, attachment, and family therapy with grandfamilies: A model for treatment
by Strong, Deena D. & Bean, Roy A. & Feinauer, Leslie L.
- 51-57 Low school engagement and sexual behaviors among African American youth: Examining the influences of gender, peer norms, and gang involvement
by Voisin, Dexter R. & Neilands, Torsten B.
- 58-66 Need for and barriers to accessing public benefits among low-income families with children
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 67-73 Compliance with psychotropic medication treatment among adolescents living in youth care centres
by Laurier, Catherine & Lafortune, Denis & Collin, Johanne
- 74-79 Improving school stability: An exploratory study of the work of the AB 490 liaisons in California
by Shea, Nancy M. & Zetlin, Andrea G. & Weinberg, Lois A.
- 80-88 School-age special education outcomes of infants and toddlers investigated for maltreatment
by Scarborough, Anita A. & McCrae, Julie S.
- 89-97 Cross system comparisons of children in treatment foster care: Using agency data to study cross-system child outcomes
by Larson, Anita M.
- 98-102 Measuring outcomes of multiple diagnosis groups in residential treatment using the brief psychiatric rating scale for children (BPRS-C)
by Henderson, Lorrie & McIlhaney, Krista & Wasser, Thomas
- 103-112 Using risk adjustment approaches in child welfare performance measurement: Applications and insights from health and mental health settings
by Raghavan, Ramesh
- 113-119 Substance use and substance use disorders as foster youth transition to adulthood
by Narendorf, Sarah Carter & McMillen, J. Curtis
- 120-128 Containment and holding environments: Understanding and reducing physical restraint in residential child care
by Steckley, Laura
- 129-136 Mapping the perspectives of low-income parents in a children's college savings account program
by Johnson, Toni & Adams, Deborah & Kim, Johnny S.
- 137-143 The effects of individual characteristics, teacher practice, and school organizational factors on students' bullying: A multilevel analysis of public middle schools in Taiwan
by Wei, Hsi-Sheng & Williams, James Herbert & Chen, Ji-Kang & Chang, Hsiu-Yu
2009, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1217-1221 Intervention in juvenile delinquency: Danger of iatrogenic effects?
by Cécile, Mathys & Born, Michel
- 1222-1228 Ongoing and online: Children and youth's perceptions of cyber bullying
by Mishna, Faye & Saini, Michael & Solomon, Steven
- 1229-1239 Ambiguous loss of home: The experience of familial (im)permanence among young adults with foster care backgrounds
by Samuels, Gina Miranda
- 1240-1250 Contextual pathways to Latino child welfare involvement: A theoretical model located in the intersections of place, culture, and socio-structural factors
by Garcia, Antonio
- 1251-1257 Analysis of factors involved in the social inclusion process of young people fostered in residential care institutions
by Sala Roca, Josefina & Jariot García, Mercè & Villalba Biarnés, Andreu & Rodríguez, Montserrat
- 1258-1263 Pacific Islander American students: Caught between a rock and a hard place?
by Vakalahi, Halaevalu F. Ofahengaue
- 1264-1271 The racial divide among American children in poverty: Reassessing the importance of neighborhood
by Drake, Brett & Rank, Mark R.
- 1272-1282 A bioecological analysis of risk and protective factors associated with early sexual intercourse of young adolescents
by Jordahl, Tina & Lohman, Brenda J.
- 1283-1288 Street children and their helpers: An actor-oriented approach
by Turnbull, Bernardo & Hernández, Raquel & Reyes, Miguel
- 1289-1297 Context-specific mental health services for children in foster care
by Leathers, Sonya J. & Atkins, Marc S. & Spielfogel, Jill E. & McMeel, Lorri S. & Wesley, Julia M. & Davis, Rafe
- 1298-1306 Predictors of running away from out-of-home care
by Courtney, Mark E. & Zinn, Andrew
- 1307-1313 Beyond the norm: Extraordinary relationships in youth mentoring
by Pedersen, Paula J. & Woolum, Sandy & Gagne, Blair & Coleman, Matthew
- 1314-1320 Adolescent pregnancy prevention: Choosing an effective program that fits
by Harris, Mary Beth & Allgood, Jane G.
- 1321-1329 Community factors influencing the prevalence of homeless youth services
by Esparza, Nicole
- 1330-1336 A multivariate analysis of training, education, and readiness for public child welfare practice
by Franke, Todd & Bagdasaryan, Sofya & Furman, Walter
- 1337-1345 Examining families' perceptions of intensive in-home services: A mixed methods study
by Lietz, Cynthia A.
- 1346-1351 The prevention of child maltreatment recidivism through the Solution-Based Casework model of child welfare practice
by Antle, Becky F. & Barbee, Anita P. & Christensen, Dana N. & Sullivan, Dana J.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 11
- 1147-1149 Cultural competence and evidence-based practice: Best friends, strangers, or arch rivals?
by Wells, Susan J. & Briggs, Harold E.
- 1150-1159 Disproportionality in education and employment outcomes of adult foster care alumni
by Harris, Marian S. & Jackson, Lovie J. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter J.
- 1160-1171 Bias, racism and evidence-based practice: The case for more focused development of the child welfare evidence base
by Wells, Susan J. & Merritt, Lani M. & Briggs, Harold E.
- 1172-1179 The fusion of culture and science: Challenges and controversies of cultural competency and evidence-based practice with an African American family advocacy network
by Briggs, Harold E.
- 1180-1186 Research with American Indian communities: The value of authentic partnerships
by Poupart, John & Baker, Lannesse & Horse, John Red
- 1187-1191 Evidence-based practice in family group decision-making for Anglo, African American and Hispanic families
by Sheets, Janess & Wittenstrom, Kim & Fong, Rowena & James, Joyce & Tecci, Michael & Baumann, Donald J. & Rodriguez, Carolyne
- 1192-1198 Building cultural competence: A systematic evaluation of the effectiveness of culturally sensitive interventions with ethnic minority youth
by Jackson, Kelly F.
- 1199-1205 Evidence-based treatments for trauma among culturally diverse foster care youth: Treatment retention and outcomes
by Weiner, Dana A. & Schneider, Alison & Lyons, John S.
- 1206-1213 Integrating cultural competency and empirically-based practices in child welfare services: A model based on community psychiatry field principles of health
by Bell, Carl C. & Wells, Susan J. & Merritt, Lani M.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 10
- 1069-1073 The international association: Origins, history, and development
by Canali, Cinzia & Maluccio, Anthony N. & Vecchiato, Tiziano & Berry, Marianne
- 1074-1079 Alumni of educational residential settings in Israel: A cultural perspective
by Zeira, Anat
- 1080-1085 Different ecological perspectives for evaluating residential care outcomes: Which window for the black box?
by Palareti, Laura & Berti, Chiara
- 1086-1091 Enhancing outcomes for children and young people: The potential of multi-layered interventions
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn & Maden, Bruce
- 1092-1100 Children's wellbeing in care: Evidence from a longitudinal study of outcomes
by Fernandez, Elizabeth
- 1101-1106 Using racial disproportionality and disparity indicators to measure child welfare outcomes
by Tilbury, Clare & Thoburn, June
- 1107-1112 Child fatality or serious injury through maltreatment: Making sense of outcomes
by Brandon, Marian
- 1113-1118 Patterns of instability: Moves within the care system, their reasons, contexts and consequences
by Ward, Harriet
- 1119-1126 Adoption as a solution to intractable parenting problems: Evidence from two English studies
by Quinton, David & Selwyn, Julie
- 1127-1134 Toward a theory of change in community-based practice with youth: A case-study exploration
by Chaskin, Robert J.
- 1135-1143 A better path to permanency for children in out-of-home care
by Pine, Barbara A. & Spath, Robin & Werrbach, Gail B. & Jenson, Cary E. & Kerman, Benjamin
2009, Volume 31, Issue 9
- 947-956 Young adult outcomes and mental health problems among transition age youth investigated for maltreatment during adolescence
by Southerland, Dannia & Casanueva, Cecilia E. & Ringeisen, Heather
- 957-962 Causal relationships between background characteristics, service utilization, satisfaction, and service outcomes (school performance): A path analysis
by Cheon, Jeong Woong
- 963-971 Wealth, race/ethnicity, and children's educational outcomes
by Kaushal, Neeraj & Nepomnyaschy, Lenna
- 972-977 Child welfare workers go to court: The impact of race, gender, and education on the comfort with legal issues
by Faller, Kathleen Coulborn & Grabarek, Marguerite & Vandervort, Frank
- 978-989 Income and child development
by Berger, Lawrence M. & Paxson, Christina & Waldfogel, Jane
- 990-1000 Sexual risk behaviors among youth in the child welfare system
by James, Sigrid & Montgomery, Susanne B. & Leslie, Laurel K. & Zhang, Jinjin
- 1001-1009 Incorporating human sexuality content into a positive youth development framework: Implications for community prevention
by Romeo, Katherine E. & Kelley, Michele A.
- 1010-1018 Nonresident father support and reunification outcomes for children in foster care
by Malm, Karin E. & Zielewski, Erica H.
- 1019-1024 Benefits of cultural matching in foster care
by Brown, Jason D. & George, Natalie & Sintzel, Jennifer & St. Arnault, David
- 1025-1029 Rates and correlates of recurrent psychiatric crisis episodes among children and adolescents in state custody
by Park, Jung Min & Mandell, David S. & Lyons, John S.
- 1030-1041 Supporting the emotional and psychological well being of sexual minority youth: Youth ideas for action
by Davis, Tamara S. & Saltzburg, Susan & Locke, Chris R.
- 1042-1048 Exploring the impact of racial and ethnic differences in the emotional and behavioral responses of maltreated youth: Implications for culturally competent services
by Hatcher, Schnavia Smith & Maschi, Tina & Morgen, Keith & Toldson, Ivory A.
- 1049-1056 Caregiving environment and socio-emotional development of foster-placed FASD-children
by Koponen, Anne M. & Kalland, Mirjam & Autti-Rämö, Ilona
- 1057-1066 Adolescents' perspectives on relationships with grandparents: The contribution of adolescent, grandparent, and parent-grandparent relationship variables
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet & Tan, Jo-Pei & Buchanan, Ann
2009, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 823-830 Gender differences in intake characteristics and behavior change among children in families receiving parent management training
by Kjøbli, John & Ogden, Terje
- 831-839 Developmental effects of exposure to Intimate Partner Violence in early childhood: A review of the literature
by Carpenter, Georgia L. & Stacks, Ann M.
- 840-846 Prediction of placement into out-of-home care for American Indian/Alaskan Natives compared to non-Indians
by Carter, Vernon B.
- 847-853 Twenty years of foster care in Spain: Profiles, patterns and outcomes
by del Valle, Jorge F. & López, Mónica & Montserrat, Carme & Bravo, Amaia
- 854-863 TANF status, ethnicity, and early school success
by Moon, Sung Seek & Hegar, Rebecca L. & Page, Jaimie
- 864-872 Supporting low-income families with young children: Patterns and correlates of service use
by Spielberger, Julie & Lyons, Sandra J.
- 873-878 Child safety measure as a proxy for child maltreatment: Preliminary evidence for the potential and validity of using ICD-9 coded hospital discharge data at the community level
by Ben-Arieh, Asher & McDonell, James
- 879-884 Voices of parent advocates within the systems of care model of service delivery
by Munson, Michelle R. & Hussey, David & Stormann, Chris & King, Teresa
- 885-895 Are girls really becoming more delinquent? Testing the gender convergence hypothesis by race and ethnicity, 1976-2005
by Goodkind, Sara & Wallace, John M. & Shook, Jeffrey J. & Bachman, Jerald & O'Malley, Patrick
- 896-902 Multidisciplinary assessment of child maltreatment: A multi-site pilot descriptive analysis of the Florida Child Protection Team model
by Jent, Jason F. & Merrick, Melissa T. & Dandes, Susan K. & Lambert, Walter F. & Haney, Mike L. & Cano, Nicole M.
- 903-910 The implementation and expansion of SAFE: Frontline responses and the transfer of technology to practice
by Crea, Thomas M. & Barth, Richard P. & Chintapalli, Laura K. & Buchanan, Rachel L.
- 911-918 Analysis of intercountry adoption policy and regulations: The case of Korea
by Kim, Soohyun & Smith, Carrie Jefferson
- 919-926 Effectiveness and limitations of the Earned Income Tax Credit for reducing child poverty in the United States
by Eamon, Mary Keegan & Wu, Chi-Fang & Zhang, Saijun
- 927-934 Child abuse potential: Correlates with child maltreatment rates and structural measures of neighborhoods
by Merritt, Darcey H.
- 935-945 Fathers and child maltreatment: A research agenda based on evolutionary theory and behavioral biology research
by Herring, David J.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 703-714 Adult recall of childhood psychological maltreatment: Definitional strategies and challenges
by Baker, Amy J.L.