Agricultural Water Management
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: W. Dierickx
Editor: J. Oster
Editor: D. Wichelns
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:agiwat
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2009, Volume 96, Issue 5
- 790-798 Association of root, specific leaf area and SPAD chlorophyll meter reading to water use efficiency of peanut under different available soil water
by Songsri, P. & Jogloy, S. & Holbrook, C.C. & Kesmala, T. & Vorasoot, N. & Akkasaeng, C. & Patanothai, A.
- 799-808 Corn yield responses under crop evapotranspiration-based irrigation management
by Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni
- 809-821 Interaction of water and nitrogen on maize grown for silage
by Gheysari, Mahdi & Mirlatifi, Seyed Majid & Bannayan, Mohammad & Homaee, Mehdi & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 822-830 Water user associations in Inner Mongolia: Factors that influence farmers to join
by Qiao, Guanghua & Zhao, Lijuan & Klein, K.K.
- 831-838 Optimal levels of postharvest deficit irrigation for promoting early flowering and harvest dates in loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl.)
by Cuevas, J. & Pinillos, V. & Caete, M.L. & Gonzlez, M. & Alonso, F. & Fernndez, M.D. & Hueso, J.J.
- 839-846 Regional partnerships to assist public-private investments in irrigation systems
by Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz
- 847-858 The water balance of irrigated forages in northern Victoria, Australia
by Greenwood, K.L. & Lawson, A.R. & Kelly, K.B.
- 859-865 Farmer participation in irrigation management: The case of Doroodzan Dam Irrigation Network, Iran
by Azizi Khalkheili, Taher & Zamani, Gholam Hosein
- 866-874 Yield and quality of melon grown under different irrigation and nitrogen rates
by Cabello, M.J. & Castellanos, M.T. & Romojaro, F. & Martnez-Madrid, C. & Ribas, F.
- 875-882 Estimation of irrigation return flow from paddy fields considering the soil moisture
by Kim, H.K. & Jang, T.I. & Im, S.J. & Park, S.W.
- 883-891 Economic impacts on farm households due to water reallocation in China's Chaobai watershed
by Zhou, Yuan & Zhang, Yili & Abbaspour, Karim C. & Mosler, Hans-Joachim & Yang, Hong
2009, Volume 96, Issue 4
- 541-550 Determining reference values for stem water potential and maximum daily trunk shrinkage in young apple trees based on plant responses to water deficit
by De Swaef, Tom & Steppe, Kathy & Lemeur, Raoul
- 551-564 Diagnosing irrigation performance and water productivity through satellite remote sensing and secondary data in a large irrigation system of Pakistan
by Ahmad, M.D. & Turral, H. & Nazeer, A.
- 565-573 Evaporation and canopy conductance of citrus orchards
by Villalobos, F.J. & Testi, L. & Moreno-Perez, M.F.
- 574-584 Yield and fruit development in mango (Mangifera indica L. cv. Chok Anan) under different irrigation regimes
by Spreer, Wolfram & Ongprasert, Somchai & Hegele, Martin & Wnsche, Jens N. & Mller, Joachim
- 585-594 Effect of sodium and nitrogen on yield function of irrigated maize in southern Portugal
by Ramos, T.B. & Gonalves, M.C. & Castanheira, N.L. & Martins, J.C. & Santos, F.L. & Prazeres, A. & Fernandes, M.L.
- 595-602 Determination of optimum irrigation water amount for drip-irrigated muskmelon (Cucumis melo L.) in plastic greenhouse
by Zeng, Chun-Zhi & Bie, Zhi-Long & Yuan, Bao-Zhong
- 603-615 Yield and water-production functions of two durum wheat cultivars grown under different irrigation and nitrogen regimes
by Karam, Fadi & Kabalan, Rabih & Breidi, Jolle & Rouphael, Youssef & Oweis, Theib
- 616-626 Mineral content of three olive cultivars irrigated with treated industrial wastewater
by Al-Absi, K.M. & Al-Nasir, F.M. & Mahadeen, A.Y.
- 627-637 Detecting subsurface drainage systems and estimating drain spacing in intensively managed agricultural landscapes
by Naz, B.S. & Ale, S. & Bowling, L.C.
- 638-652 Evaluation of satellite evapotranspiration estimates using ground-meteorological data available for the Flumen District into the Ebro Valley of N.E. Spain
by Ramos, J.G. & Cratchley, C.R. & Kay, J.A. & Casterad, M.A. & Martnez-Cob, A. & Domnguez, R.
- 653-665 Simulated effect of drainage water management operational strategy on hydrology and crop yield for Drummer soil in the Midwestern United States
by Ale, S. & Bowling, L.C. & Brouder, S.M. & Frankenberger, J.R. & Youssef, M.A.
- 666-676 Runoff-denoted drought index and its relationship to the yields of spring wheat in the arid area of Hexi corridor, Northwest China
by Wang, Jinsong & Feng, Jianying & Yang, Lanfang & Guo, Jiangyong & Pu, Zhaoxia
- 677-690 Phosphorus losses from an artificially drained rural lowland catchment in North-Eastern Germany
by Tiemeyer, B. & Kahle, P. & Lennartz, B.
- 691-701 MIRRIG: A decision support system for design and evaluation of microirrigation systems
by Pedras, C.M.G. & Pereira, L.S. & Gonalves, J.M.
- 702-710 Multicriteria analysis for design of microirrigation systems. Application and sensitivity analysis
by Pedras, C.M.G. & Pereira, L.S.
- 711-721 A discussion on and alternative to the Penman-Monteith equation
by Widmoser, Peter
- 722-722 A note regarding "Increasing water productivity in crop production--A synthesis," by M.H. Ali and M.S.U. Talukder [Agric. Water Manage. 95, 1201-1213]
by Clothier, B. & Dierickx, W. & Oster, J. & Wichelns, D.
2009, Volume 96, Issue 3
- 349-360 Water management and crop production for food security in China: A review
by Khan, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Mu, Jianxin
- 361-373 Agriculture in South Asia and its implications on downstream health and sustainability: A review
by Atapattu, Sithara S. & Kodituwakku, Dekshika C.
- 374-382 Effects of rainfall harvesting and mulching technologies on water use efficiency and crop yield in the semi-arid Loess Plateau, China
by Wang, Yajun & Xie, Zhongkui & Malhi, Sukhdev S. & Vera, Cecil L. & Zhang, Yubao & Wang, Jinniu
- 383-394 Deficit irrigation in maize for reducing agricultural water use in a Mediterranean environment
by Farré, I. & Faci, J.-M.
- 395-404 Prediction of the soil-depth salinity-trend in a vineyard after sustained irrigation with saline water
by de Clercq, W.P. & Van Meirvenne, M. & Fey, M.V.
- 405-414 Simulation of putting-green soil water dynamics: Implications for turfgrass water use
by McCoy, E.L. & McCoy, K.R.
- 415-428 A simplified modelling approach for pesticide transport in a tile-drained field: The PESTDRAIN model
by Branger, F. & Tournebize, J. & Carluer, N. & Kao, C. & Braud, I. & Vauclin, M.
- 429-436 Effects of EC-based irrigation scheduling and CO2 enrichment on water use efficiency of a greenhouse cucumber crop
by Sánchez-Guerrero, M.C. & Lorenzo, P. & Medrano, E. & Baille, A. & Castilla, N.
- 437-444 Contamination of shallow groundwater system and soil-plant transfer of trace metals under amended irrigated fields
by Tijani, Moshood N.
- 445-456 Soil fertility and nutrient uptake by arecanut (Areca catechu L.) as affected by level and frequency of fertigation in a laterite soil
by Bhat, Ravi & Sujatha, S.
- 457-464 Study of feasibility of night-closure of irrigation canals for water saving
by Ghumman, A.R. & Khan, Z. & Turral, H.
- 465-472 Estimating reference evapotranspiration with atmometers in a semiarid environment
by Gavilán, P. & Castillo-Llanque, F.
- 473-483 Comparing theoretical irrigation requirement and actual irrigation for citrus in Florida
by Romero, Consuelo C. & Dukes, Michael D. & Baigorria, Guillermo A. & Cohen, Ron
- 484-492 Information technology and innovative drainage management practices for selenium load reduction from irrigated agriculture to provide stakeholder assurances and meet contaminant mass loading policy objectives
by Quinn, Nigel W.T.
- 493-503 Water markets and soil salinity nexus: Can minimum irrigation intensities address the issue?
by Khan, Shahbaz & Rana, Tariq & Hanjra, Munir A. & Zirilli, John
- 504-510 Identification of the hydraulic conductivity using a global optimization method
by Gómez, S. & Severino, G. & Randazzo, L. & Toraldo, G. & Otero, J.M.
- 511-516 Optimizing supplemental irrigation: Tradeoffs between profitability and sustainability
by Oweis, Theib & Hachum, Ahmed
- 517-524 The effect of salinity on water productivity of wheat under deficit irrigation above shallow groundwater
by Gowing, J.W. & Rose, D.A. & Ghamarnia, H.
- 525-532 Yield and water productivity of rice as affected by time of transplanting in Punjab, India
by Mahajan, G. & Bharaj, T.S. & Timsina, J.
- 533-538 Effects of hysteresis on redistribution of soil moisture and deep percolation at continuous and pulse drip irrigation
by Elmaloglou, S. & Diamantopoulos, E.
2009, Volume 96, Issue 2
- 179-187 Agro-environmental evaluation of irrigation land: I. Water use in Bardenas irrigation district (Spain)
by Causapé Valenzuela, Jesús
- 188-194 Agro-environmental evaluation of irrigation land: II. Pollution induced by Bardenas Irrigation District (Spain)
by Causapé Valenzuela, Jesús
- 195-207 Water and nitrogen interaction on soil profile water extraction and ET in maize-wheat cropping system
by Lenka, S. & Singh, A.K. & Lenka, N.K.
- 208-214 Effects of partial root-zone irrigation on the nitrogen absorption and utilization of maize
by Hu, Tiantian & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua
- 215-225 Water management institutional reform: A representative look at northern China
by Huang, Qiuqiong & Rozelle, Scott & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun
- 226-232 Irrigation management practices of cabbage farmers in Botswana using saline groundwater
by Hess, T.M. & Molatakgosi, G.
- 233-246 Prediction of irrigation return flows through a hierarchical modeling approach
by Mohan, S. & Vijayalakshmi, D.P.
- 247-254 Environmental decision support system development for seasonal wetland salt management in a river basin subjected to water quality regulation
by Quinn, Nigel W.T.
- 255-266 Seasonal variation in groundwater levels and quality under intensively drained and grazed pastures in the Montagu catchment, NW Tasmania
by Holz, G.K.
- 267-281 Evaluation of the DRAINMOD-N II model for predicting nitrogen losses in a loamy sand under cultivation in south-east Sweden
by Salazar, Osvaldo & Wesström, Ingrid & Youssef, Mohamed A. & Skaggs, R. Wayne & Joel, Abraham
- 282-292 Response of Vitis vinifera cv. 'Tempranillo' to partial rootzone drying in the field: Water relations, growth, yield and fruit and wine quality
by Intrigliolo, D.S. & Castel, J.R.
- 293-298 Effect of different irrigation regimes on carbohydrate partitioning in leaves and wood of two table olive cultivars (Olea europaea L. cv. Meski and Picholine)
by Chehab, H. & Mechri, B. & Mariem, F.B. & Hammami, M. & Ben Elhadj, S. & Braham, M.
- 299-306 Comparison of measured and simulated water storage in dryland terraces of the Loess Plateau, China
by Lü, Haishen & Zhu, Yonghua & Skaggs, Todd H. & Yu, Zhongbo
- 307-316 Sodicity and salinity in a Brazilian Oxisol cultivated with sugarcane irrigated with wastewater
by Leal, Rafael Marques Pereira & Herpin, Uwe & Fonseca, Adriel Ferreira da & Firme, Lilian Pittol & Montes, Célia Regina & Melfi, Adolpho José
- 317-329 Participatory water management at the main canal: A case from South Ferghana canal in Uzbekistan
by Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Manthritilake, Hearth & Jumaboev, Kahramon
- 330-336 The variable response of dryland corn yield to soil water content at planting
by Nielsen, David C. & Vigil, Merle F. & Benjamin, Joseph G.
- 337-348 Water use and distribution profile under pulse and oilseed crops in semiarid northern high latitude areas
by Gan, Y. & Campbell, C.A. & Liu, L. & Basnyat, P. & McDonald, C.L.
2009, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 1-11 Simulation of land use impacts on groundwater levels and streamflow in a Virginia watershed
by Cho, J. & Barone, V.A. & Mostaghimi, S.
- 12-22 Deficit irrigation without reducing yield or nut splitting in pistachio (Pistacia vera cv Kerman on Pistacia terebinthus L.)
by Gijón, M.C. & Guerrero, J. & Couceiro, J.F. & Moriana, A.
- 23-34 Tomato yield, biomass accumulation, root distribution and irrigation water use efficiency on a sandy soil, as affected by nitrogen rate and irrigation scheduling
by Zotarelli, Lincoln & Scholberg, Johannes M. & Dukes, Michael D. & Muñoz-Carpena, Rafael & Icerman, Jason
- 35-42 Modeling the water budget in a deep caldera lake and its hydrologic assessment: Lake Ikeda, Japan
by Ito, Y. & Momii, K. & Nakagawa, K.
- 43-52 Management guidelines for efficient irrigation of vegetables using closed-end level furrows
by Sanchez, C.A. & Zerihun, D. & Farrell-Poe, K.L.
- 53-66 Crop coefficients and water use for cowpea in the San Joaquin Valley of California
by DeTar, W.R.
- 67-79 Effect of filter, emitter and location on clogging when using effluents
by Duran-Ros, M. & Puig-Bargués, J. & Arbat, G. & Barragán, J. & Cartagena, F. Ramírez de
- 80-86 Assessment of maximum daily trunk shrinkage signal intensity threshold values for deficit irrigation in lemon trees
by Ortuño, M.F. & García-Orellana, Y. & Conejero, W. & Pérez-Sarmiento, F. & Torrecillas, A.
- 87-92 Water pillow irrigation compared to furrow irrigation for soybean production in a semi-arid area
by Gerçek, Sinan & Boydak, Erkan & Okant, Mustafa & Dikilitas, Murat
- 93-99 The effects of irrigation methods with effluent and irrigation scheduling on water use efficiency and corn yields in an arid region
by Hassanli, Ali Morad & Ebrahimizadeh, Mohammad Ali & Beecham, Simon
- 100-110 Ring dike system to harness floodwater from the Mekong River for paddy rice cultivation in the Tonle Sap Lake floodplain in Cambodia
by Someth, P. & Kubo, N. & Tanji, H. & Ly, S.
- 111-120 Different drip irrigation regimes affect cotton yield, water use efficiency and fiber quality in western Turkey
by Dagdelen, N. & Basal, H. & YIlmaz, E. & Gürbüz, T. & Akçay, S.
- 121-131 The adoption of improved irrigation technology and management practices--A study of two irrigation districts in Alberta, Canada
by Bjornlund, Henning & Nicol, Lorraine & Klein, K.K.
- 132-140 Seed yield and water use efficiency of canola (Brassica napus L.) as affected by high temperature stress and supplemental irrigation
by Faraji, Abolfazl & Latifi, Nasser & Soltani, Afshin & Rad, Amir Hossain Shirani
- 141-148 Response of two-row malting spring barley to water cutoff under sprinkler irrigation
by Qureshi, Zahid A. & Neibling, Howard
- 149-159 An integrated water trading-allocation model, applied to a water market in Australia
by Zaman, A.M. & Malano, H.M. & Davidson, B.
- 160-166 Soil water content and water balance in rainfed fields in Northeast Thailand
by Moroizumi, Toshitsugu & Hamada, Hiromasa & Sukchan, Somsak & Ikemoto, Masahiro
- 167-178 Simulation of winter wheat evapotranspiration in Texas and Henan using three models of differing complexity
by Kang, Shujiang & Payne, William A. & Evett, Steven R. & Robinson, Clay A. & Stewart, Bobby A.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 12
- 1293-1302 Rainfall concentration for increasing corn production under semiarid climate
by Ren, Xiaolong & Jia, Zhikuan & Chen, Xiaoli
- 1303-1313 Field water supply:yield relationships of grain sorghum grown in three USA Southern Great Plains soils
by Tolk, J.A. & Howell, T.A.
- 1314-1322 Community initiatives in building and managing temporary check-dams across seasonal streams for water harvesting in South India
by Balooni, Kulbhushan & Kalro, A.H. & Kamalamma, Ambili G.
- 1323-1334 Effect of mulching on soil and plant water status, and the growth and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in a semi-arid environment
by Chakraborty, Debashis & Nagarajan, Shantha & Aggarwal, Pramila & Gupta, V.K. & Tomar, R.K. & Garg, R.N. & Sahoo, R.N. & Sarkar, A. & Chopra, U.K. & Sarma, K.S. Sundara & Kalra, N.
- 1335-1349 Dynamics and modeling of soil water under subsurface drip irrigated onion
by Patel, Neelam & Rajput, T.B.S.
- 1350-1360 Model for predicting rainfall by fuzzy set theory using USDA scan data
by Hasan, M. & Tsegaye, T. & Shi, X. & Schaefer, G. & Taylor, G.
- 1361-1372 Nitrate leaching assessment in a long-term experiment under supplementary irrigation in humid Argentina
by Aparicio, V. & Costa, J.L. & Zamora, M.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 11
- 1201-1213 Increasing water productivity in crop production--A synthesis
by Ali, M.H. & Talukder, M.S.U.
- 1214-1222 Evapotranspiration and crop coefficient of spring maize with plastic mulch using eddy covariance in northwest China
by Li, Sien & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Lu
- 1223-1232 Quantifying rainfall-runoff relationships on the Dera Calcic Fluvic Regosol ecotope in Ethiopia
by Welderufael, W.A. & Le Roux, P.A.L. & Hensley, M.
- 1233-1242 Groundwater governance through electricity supply management: Assessing an innovative intervention in Gujarat, western India
by Shah, Tushaar & Bhatt, Sonal & Shah, R.K. & Talati, Jayesh
- 1243-1252 Irrigation with coalbed natural gas co-produced water
by Johnston, Christopher R. & Vance, George F. & Ganjegunte, Girisha K.
- 1253-1260 Drip irrigation of tea (Camellia sinensis L.): 1. Yield and crop water productivity responses to irrigation
by Kigalu, Julius M. & Kimambo, Ernest I. & Msite, Isaac & Gembe, Miraj
- 1261-1270 Effects of N fertilization on root development and activity of water-stressed cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) plants
by Liu, Rui-Xian & Zhou, Zhi-Guo & Guo, Wen-Qi & Chen, Bing-Lin & Oosterhuis, Derrick M.
- 1271-1278 Estimation of water consumption and crop water productivity of winter wheat in North China Plain using remote sensing technology
by Li, Hongjun & Zheng, Li & Lei, Yuping & Li, Chunqiang & Liu, Zhijun & Zhang, Shengwei
- 1279-1287 Effects of applied water and sprinkler irrigation uniformity on alfalfa growth and hay yield
by Montazar, A. & Sadeghi, M.
- 1288-1292 Analysis of antibiotic residues in liquid manure and leachate of dairy farms in Northern Germany
by Kemper, Nicole & Färber, Harald & Skutlarek, Dirk & Krieter, Joachim
2008, Volume 95, Issue 10
- 1111-1128 Runoff, erosion, and water quality of agricultural watersheds in central Navarre (Spain)
by Casalí, J. & Gastesi, R. & Álvarez-Mozos, J. & De Santisteban, L.M. & Lersundi, J. Del Valle de & Giménez, R. & Larrañaga, A. & Goñi, M. & Agirre, U. & Campo, M.A. & López, J.J. & Donézar, M.
- 1129-1134 Hydraulics and salinity profile of pitcher irrigation in saline water condition
by Naik, B.S. & Panda, R.K. & Nayak, S.C. & Sharma, S.D.
- 1135-1143 Evaluation of DRAINMOD using saturated hydraulic conductivity estimated by a pedotransfer function model
by Salazar, Osvaldo & Wesström, Ingrid & Joel, Abraham
- 1144-1152 Development of crop water stress index of wheat crop for scheduling irrigation using infrared thermometry
by Gontia, N.K. & Tiwari, K.N.
- 1153-1160 Water use assessment in muskmelon by the Penman-Monteith "one-step" approach
by Lovelli, S. & Perniola, M. & Arcieri, M. & Rivelli, A.R. & Di Tommaso, T.
- 1161-1166 Influence of irrigation rate on the rehydration of olive tree plantlets
by Pérez-López, D. & Gijón, M.C. & Moriana, A.
- 1167-1179 Understanding and managing groundwater and salinity in a tropical conjunctive water use irrigation district
by Petheram, Cuan & Bristow, Keith L. & Nelson, Paul N.
- 1180-1188 Simulation of nitrate leaching under irrigated maize on sandy soil in desert oasis in Inner Mongolia, China
by Hu, Kelin & Li, Baoguo & Chen, Deli & Zhang, Yuanpei & Edis, Robert
- 1189-1200 Applicability of targeting vegetative filter strips to abate fecal bacteria and sediment yield using SWAT
by Parajuli, P.B. & Mankin, K.R. & Barnes, P.L.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 9
- 993-1002 Tillage and irrigation effects on crop yields and soil properties under the rice-wheat system in the Indian Himalayas
by Bhattacharyya, R. & Kundu, S. & Pandey, S.C. & Singh, K.P. & Gupta, H.S.
- 1003-1010 Effect of water shortage on yield, and protein and mineral compositions of drip-irrigated sweet corn in sustainable agricultural systems
by Oktem, A.
- 1011-1027 Evaluation on the irrigation and fertilization management practices under the application of treated sewage water in Beijing, China
by Wang, Xiangping & Huang, Guanhua
- 1028-1040 A study of the effect of the interaction between site-specific conditions, residue cover and weed control on water storage during fallow
by Fernandez, Romina & Quiroga, Alberto & Noellemeyer, Elke & Funaro, Daniel & Montoya, Jorgelina & Hitzmann, Bernd & Peinemann, Norman
- 1041-1055 Effects of salinity on fruit yield and quality of tomato grown in soil-less culture in greenhouses in Mediterranean climatic conditions
by Magán, J.J. & Gallardo, M. & Thompson, R.B. & Lorenzo, P.
- 1056-1066 Regional assessment of evaporation from agricultural irrigation reservoirs in a semiarid climate
by Martinez Alvarez, V. & González-Real, M.M. & Baille, A. & Maestre Valero, J.F. & Gallego Elvira, B.
- 1067-1078 Challenges of optimal implementation of formal water rights systems for irrigation in the Great Ruaha River Catchment in Tanzania
by Rajabu, Kossa R.M. & Mahoo, Henry F.
- 1079-1089 Modelling soil detachment rates in rainfed agrosystems in the south-central Pyrenees
by López-Vicente, M. & Navas, A. & Machin, J.
- 1090-1098 Temporal irrigation performance assessment in Turkey: Menemen case study
by Kukul, Y.S. & Akçay, S. & Anaç, S. & YesilIrmak, E.
- 1099-1110 Evaluation of options for increasing yield and water productivity of wheat in Punjab, India using the DSSAT-CSM-CERES-Wheat model
by Timsina, J. & Godwin, D. & Humphreys, E. & Yadvinder-Singh & Bijay-Singh & Kukal, S.S. & Smith, D.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 8
- 887-894 Ammonia volatilization from urea in rice fields with zero-drainage water management
by Li, Hua & Liang, Xinqiang & Chen, Yingxu & Tian, Guangming & Zhang, Zhijian
- 895-908 Effect of irrigation amounts applied with subsurface drip irrigation on corn evapotranspiration, yield, water use efficiency, and dry matter production in a semiarid climate
by Payero, José O. & Tarkalson, David D. & Irmak, Suat & Davison, Don & Petersen, James L.
- 909-917 Could deficit irrigation be a sustainable practice for quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.) in the Southern Bolivian Altiplano?
by Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk & Garcia, Magali & Condori, Octavio & Mamani, Judith & Miranda, Roberto & Cusicanqui, Jorge & Taboada, Cristal & Yucra, Edwin & Vacher, Jean
- 918-924 Crop coefficients for winter wheat in a sub-humid climate regime
by Kjaersgaard, J.H. & Plauborg, F. & Mollerup, M. & Petersen, C.T. & Hansen, S.
- 925-936 Integration of economic and hydrologic models: Exploring conjunctive irrigation water use strategies in the Volta Basin
by Bharati, L. & Rodgers, C. & Erdenberger, T. & Plotnikova, M. & Shumilov, S. & Vlek, P. & Martin, N.
- 937-948 Vineyard evaporative fraction based on eddy covariance in an arid desert region of Northwest China
by Li, Sien & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Lu & Zhang, Baozhong
- 949-958 The effect of drip line spacing, irrigation regimes and planting geometries of tomato on yield, irrigation water use efficiency and net return
by Çetin, Öner & Uygan, Demet
- 959-967 Root dynamics of peach trees submitted to partial rootzone drying and continuous deficit irrigation
by Abrisqueta, J.M. & Mounzer, O. & Álvarez, S. & Conejero, W. & Garcia-Orellana, Y. & Tapia, L.M. & Vera, J. & Abrisqueta, I. & Ruiz-Sánchez, M.C.
- 968-972 Long-term growth and yield responses of olive trees to different irrigation regimes
by Melgar, J.C. & Mohamed, Y. & Navarro, C. & Parra, M.A. & Benlloch, M. & Fernández-Escobar, R.
- 973-983 Exploring regional irrigation water demand using typologies of farms and production units: An example from Tunisia
by Poussin, J.C. & Imache, A. & Beji, R. & Le Grusse, P. & Benmihoub, A.
- 984-992 Water for irrigation or hydropower generation?--Complex questions regarding water allocation in Tanzania
by Kadigi, Reuben M.J. & Mdoe, Ntengua S.Y. & Ashimogo, Gasper C. & Morardet, Sylvie
2008, Volume 95, Issue 7
- 751-753 Jan van Schilfgaarde (1929-2008)
by Raats, Peter A.C. & Oster, James D.
- 754-766 Assessment of surface and sub-surface waterlogged areas in irrigation command areas of Bihar state using remote sensing and GIS
by Chowdary, V.M. & Chandran, R. Vinu & Neeti, N. & Bothale, R.V. & Srivastava, Y.K. & Ingle, P. & Ramakrishnan, D. & Dutta, D. & Jeyaram, A. & Sharma, J.R. & Singh, Ravindra
- 767-775 Comparison of dynamic and static APRI-models to simulate soil water dynamics in a vineyard over the growing season under alternate partial root-zone drip irrigation
by Zhou, Qingyun & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Lu
- 776-786 Evaluation of CERES-Wheat and CropSyst models for water-nitrogen interactions in wheat crop
by Singh, Anil Kumar & Tripathy, Rojalin & Chopra, Usha Kiran
- 787-798 Agricultural land use and flood risk management: Engaging with stakeholders in North Yorkshire
by Posthumus, H. & Hewett, C.J.M. & Morris, J. & Quinn, P.F.
- 799-808 Soil water movement under a single surface trickle source
by Bhatnagar, P.R. & Chauhan, H.S.
- 809-816 Outflow reduction and salt and nitrogen dynamics at controlled drainage in the YinNan Irrigation District, China
by Luo, W. & Jia, Z. & Fang, S. & Wang, N. & Liu, J. & Wang, L. & Tian, S. & Zhang, Y.
- 817-824 Avocado root distribution in fine and coarse-textured soils under drip and microsprinkler irrigation
by Salgado, E. & Cautin, R.
- 825-835 Water quality implications of raising crop water productivity
by Nangia, V. & de Fraiture, C. & Turral, H.
- 836-844 Irrigation rate and plant density effects on yield and water use efficiency of drip-irrigated corn
by El-Hendawy, Salah E. & El-Lattief, Essam A. Abd & Ahmed, Mohamed S. & Schmidhalter, Urs
- 845-853 Estimation of design water requirement using FAO Penman-Monteith and optimal probability distribution function in South Korea
by Yoo, Seung-Hwan & Choi, Jin-Yong & Jang, Min-Won
- 854-858 Performance of purslane (Portulaca oleracea L.) as a salt-removing crop
by Kiliç, Cenk Ceyhun & Kukul, Yasemin S. & Anaç, Dilek
- 859-868 River flow prediction through rainfall-runoff modelling with a probability-distributed model (PDM) in Flanders, Belgium
by Cabus, Pieter
- 869-876 Effects of water application intensity, drop size and water application amount on the characteristics of topsoil pores under sprinkler irrigation
by Sun, Zeqiang & Kang, Yaohu & Jiang, Shufang
- 877-886 Quantifying reductions in consumptive water use under regulated deficit irrigation in pistachio (Pistacia vera L.)
by Iniesta, F. & Testi, L. & Goldhamer, D.A. & Fereres, E.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 6
- 633-644 Summer cover crop impacts on soil percolation and nitrogen leaching from a winter corn field
by Muñoz-Carpena, R. & Ritter, A. & Bosch, D.D. & Schaffer, B. & Potter, T.L.
- 645-658 Overland water and salt flows in a set of rice paddies
by Playán, E. & Pérez-Coveta, O. & Martinez-Cob, A. & Herrero, J. & Garcia-Navarro, P. & Latorre, B. & Brufau, P. & Garcés, J.
- 659-668 Water use efficiency and fruit quality of table grape under alternate partial root-zone drip irrigation
by Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Jianhua & Li, Fusheng & Yan, Boyuan
- 669-677 Tape depth and germination method influence patterns of salt accumulation with subsurface drip irrigation
by Roberts, Trenton L. & White, Scott A. & Warrick, Arthur W. & Thompson, Thomas L.
- 678-684 A preliminary study of an alternative controlled drainage strategy in surface drainage ditches: Low-grade weirs
by Kröger, R. & Cooper, C.M. & Moore, M.T.
- 685-697 Adapting to intersectoral transfers in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China: Part II: Impacts of in-system storage on water balance and productivity
by Roost, N. & Cai, X.L. & Turral, H. & Molden, D. & Cui, Y.L.
- 698-706 Adapting to intersectoral transfers in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China: Part I. In-system storage characteristics
by Roost, N. & Cai, X.L. & Molden, D. & Cui, Y.L.
- 707-715 Evaluation of FAO-56 methodology for estimating reference evapotranspiration using limited climatic data: Application to Tunisia
by Jabloun, M. & Sahli, A.
- 716-724 Effects of untreated and treated wastewater irrigation on some chemical properties of cauliflower (Brassica olerecea L. var. botrytis) and red cabbage (Brassica olerecea L. var. rubra) grown on calcareous soil in Turkey
by Kiziloglu, F.M. & Turan, M. & Sahin, U. & Kuslu, Y. & Dursun, A.
- 725-736 Quantifying water stress on wheat using remote sensing in the Yaqui Valley, Sonora, Mexico
by Méndez-Barroso, Luis A. & Garatuza-Payán, Jaime & Vivoni, Enrique R.
- 737-742 Controlling nitrogen release from farm ponds with a subsurface outflow device: Implications for improved water quality in receiving streams
by Cope, W. Gregory & Bringolf, Robert B. & Mosher, Shad & Rice, James A. & Noble, Richard L. & Edwards, H. Clifton
- 743-747 Relating leaf area index of natural eucalypt vegetation to climate variables in southern Australia
by Ellis, T.W. & Hatton, T.J.
- 748-749 J.T. Scholz and B. Stiftel, Editors, Adaptive Governance and Water Conflict, Resources for the Future, RFF Press, Washington, DC (October 2005) 300 pp., Unjacketed Hardback, US$ 32.95, ISBN: 1-933115-18-1; Paper Binding, US$ 29.95, ISBN: 1-933115-19-X
by Hook, James E.
- 750-750 J.H. Gash and W.J. Shuttleworth, Editors, IAHS Benchmark Papers in Hydrology Series, No. 2, Evaporation, International Association of Hydrological Sciences, IAHS Press, Center for Ecology and Hydrology, Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 8BB, UK (2007) 526 + x pp., A4 format, Softback, £40.00, ISBN: 978-1-901502-98-5
by Farahani, Hamid J.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 5
- 503-515 Comparative assessment of five methods of determining sap flow in peach trees
by González-Altozano, P. & Pavel, E.W. & Oncins, J.A. & Doltra, J. & Cohen, M. & Paço, T. & Massai, R. & Castel, J.R.
- 516-526 On-farm water management in saline groundwater area under scarce canal water supply condition in the Northwest India
by Mandare, A.B. & Ambast, S.K. & Tyagi, N.K. & Singh, J.
- 527-538 Comparison of wetland and agriculture drainage as sources of biochemical oxygen demand to the San Joaquin River, California
by Stringfellow, William T. & Hanlon, Jeremy S. & Borglin, Sharon E. & Quinn, Nigel W.T.
- 539-544 Rainfall harvesting on slopes using contour furrows with plastic-covered transverse ridges for growing Caragana korshinskii in the semiarid region of China
by Li, X.-Y. & Zhao, W.-W. & Song, Y.-X. & Wang, W. & Zhang, X.-Y.
- 545-552 Reduced water consumption of dormant-seeded sugar beet in a semiarid climate
by Mohammadian, R. & Sadeghian, S.Y. & Rahimian, H. & Moghadam, M.
- 553-565 Comparison of artificial neural network models and empirical and semi-empirical equations for daily reference evapotranspiration estimation in the Basque Country (Northern Spain)
by Landeras, Gorka & Ortiz-Barredo, Amaia & López, Jose Javier
- 566-574 Water balance of centre pivot irrigated pasture in northern Victoria, Australia
by Qassim, Abdi & Dunin, Frank & Bethune, Matthew
- 575-586 Water balance of the olive tree-annual crop association: A modeling approach
by Abid Karray, J. & Lhomme, J.P. & Masmoudi, M.M. & Mechlia, N. Ben
- 587-597 Effect of irrigation water salinity on transpiration and on leaching requirements: A case study for bell peppers
by Ben-Gal, Alon & Ityel, Eviatar & Dudley, Lynn & Cohen, Shabtai & Yermiyahu, Uri & Presnov, Eugene & Zigmond, Leah & Shani, Uri
- 598-606 The ionic composition of the streams of the mid-Murrumbidgee River: Implications for the management of downstream salinity
by Conyers, M.K. & Hume, I. & Summerell, G. & Slinger, D. & Mitchell, M. & Cawley, R.
- 607-615 Treating eutrophic water for nutrient reduction using an aquatic macrophyte (Ipomoea aquatica Forsskal) in a deep flow technique system
by Hu, M.H. & Ao, Y.S. & Yang, X.E. & Li, T.Q.
- 616-624 Simulated long-term nitrogen losses for a midwestern agricultural watershed in the United States
by Gowda, Prasanna H. & Mulla, David J. & Jaynes, Dan B.
- 625-632 Different indices to characterize water use pattern of micro-sprinkler irrigated onion (Allium cepa L.)
by Sarkar, S. & Goswami, S.B. & Mallick, S. & Nanda, M.K.
2008, Volume 95, Issue 4
- 339-353 The potential for monolayers to reduce the evaporation of water from large water storages
by Barnes, G.T.
- 354-366 Assessment and simulation of water and nitrogen transfer under furrow irrigation
by Crevoisier, D. & Popova, Z. & Mailhol, J.C. & Ruelle, P.
- 367-374 Response of silage yield to land application of out-wintering pad effluent in Ireland
by Augustenborg, C.A. & Carton, O.T. & Schulte, R.P.O. & Suffet, I.H.
- 375-382 The effect of water stress and rootstock on the development of leaf injuries in grapevines irrigated with saline effluent
by Paranychianakis, N.V. & Angelakis, A.N.
- 383-390 Influence of irrigation frequencies and phosphate fertilization on actual evapotranspiration rate, yield and water use pattern of rajmash (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)
by Kundu, M. & Chakraborty, P.K. & Mukherjee, A. & Sarkar, S.
- 391-399 Efficiency gains from water markets: Empirical analysis of Watermove in Australia
by Brooks, Robert & Harris, Edwyna
- 400-408 Evaluation of Agricultural Nonpoint Source (AGNPS) model for small watersheds in Korea applying irregular cell delineation
by Cho, Jaepil & Park, Seungwoo & Im, Sangjun
- 409-418 Usefulness and limitations of decision support systems for improving irrigation scheme management
by Lozano, David & Mateos, Luciano
- 419-426 Effects of municipal reclaimed wastewater on the macro- and micro-elements status of soil and of Brassica oleracea var. Italica, and B. oleracea var. Gemmifera
by Kalavrouziotis, I.K. & Robolas, P. & Koukoulakis, P.H. & Papadopoulos, A.H.
- 427-438 Irrigation in the Jordan Valley: Are water pricing policies overly optimistic?
by Molle, François & Venot, Jean-Philippe & Hassan, Youssef
- 439-446 Evaluation and application of DRAINMOD in an Australian sugarcane field
by Yang, Xihua
- 447-457 Geospatial estimation of soil moisture in rain-fed paddy fields using SCS-CN-based model
by Reshmidevi, T.V. & Jana, R. & Eldho, T.I.
- 458-468 Management trends and responses to water scarcity in an irrigation scheme of Southern Spain
by Garcia-Vila, M. & Lorite, I.J. & Soriano, M.A. & Fereres, E.
- 469-476 Effects of irrigation and planting patterns on radiation use efficiency and yield of winter wheat in North China
by Li, Quanqi & Chen, Yuhai & Liu, Mengyu & Zhou, Xunbo & Yu, Songlie & Dong, Baodi
- 477-488 Estimating potential costs and gains from an aquifer storage and recovery program in Australia
by Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Schaeffer, Jürgen
- 489-497 Regulated deficit irrigation improved fruit quality and water use efficiency of pear-jujube trees
by Cui, Ningbo & Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Li, Fusheng & Zhang, Jianhua & Wang, Mixia & Li, Zhijun
- 498-502 Infiltration of melting saline ice water in soil columns: Consequences on soil moisture and salt content
by Li, Zhigang & Liu, Xiaojing & Zhang, Xiumei & Li, Weiqiang
2008, Volume 95, Issue 3
- 171-178 Response of spring cereals to a deficit of atmospheric precipitation in the particular stages of plant growth and development
by Martyniak, Ludwika
- 179-189 Subsurface drainage to combat waterlogging and salinity in irrigated lands in India: Lessons learned in farmers' fields
by Ritzema, H.P. & Satyanarayana, T.V. & Raman, S. & Boonstra, J.
- 190-198 Crop yield and soil water restoration on 9-year-old alfalfa pasture in the semiarid Loess Plateau of China
by Wang, Xiao-Ling & Sun, Guo-Jun & Jia, Yu & Li, Feng-Min & Xu, Jin-Zhang
- 199-204 Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process to irrigation project improvement: Part I. Impacts of irrigation project internal processes on crop yields
by Okada, H. & Styles, S.W. & Grismer, M.E.
- 205-210 Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process to irrigation project improvement: Part II. How professionals evaluate an irrigation project for its improvement
by Okada, H. & Styles, S.W. & Grismer, M.E.
- 211-223 A comparison of the water use of tree belts and pasture in recharge and discharge zones in a saline catchment in the Central West of NSW, Australia
by Crosbie, Russell S. & Wilson, Brett & Hughes, Justin D. & McCulloch, Christopher & King, Warren McG.
- 224-232 WaDI (water delivery for irrigation): A simulation tool to address strategic interaction of water demand and supply in irrigation schemes
by De Nys, Erwin & Le Gal, Pierre-Yves & Raes, Dirk & Ana, Eliseo
- 233-242 Feasibility of long-term irrigation as a treatment method for municipal wastewater using natural soil in Kuwait
by Akber, A. & Mukhopadhyay, A. & Al-Senafy, M. & Al-Haddad, A. & Al-Awadi, E. & Al-Qallaf, H.
- 243-252 Using economic incentives and regulations to reduce seawater intrusion in the Batinah coastal area of Oman
by Zekri, Slim
- 253-258 Supplemental irrigation of wheat with saline water
by Chauhan, C.P.S. & Singh, R.B. & Gupta, S.K.
- 259-270 In-season wheat root growth and soil water extraction in the Mediterranean environment of northern Syria
by Izzi, G. & Farahani, H.J. & Bruggeman, A. & Oweis, T.Y.