Agricultural Water Management
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: W. Dierickx
Editor: J. Oster
Editor: D. Wichelns
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:agiwat
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1993, Volume 23, Issue 2
1993, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-9 Scheduling irrigation for peanuts with variable amounts of available water
by Reddy, C. Raghava & Reddy, S. Rami
- 11-22 Impact of on-farm water management research on the performance of a gravity irrigation system in Bangladesh
by Mondal, M. K. & Islam, M. N. & Mowla, G. & Islam, M. T. & Ghani, M. A.
- 23-39 Determination of infiltration characteristics by volume balance for border check irrigation
by Hume, Iain H.
- 41-49 Furrow irrigators response to in-season precipitation and geographic characteristics
by Cahoon, Joel & Kranz, William & Klocke, Norman & Young, Linda
- 51-65 Toward optimal land drainage pumping
by Marshall, David C. W.
- 67-82 The water-use efficiency of winter wheat and maize on a salt-affected soil in the Huang Huai Hai river plain of China
by Deju, Zhu & Jingwen, Lu
1992, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 325-334 Water and energy conservation using irrigation scheduling with center-pivot irrigation systems
by Kranz, William L. & Eisenhauer, Dean E. & Retka, Mary T.
- 335-343 Water management strategy for increasing monsoon rice production in Bangladesh
by Islam, M. D. Jahirul & Mondal, Manoranjan K.
- 345-356 Effect of continuous irrigation with sodic and saline-sodic waters on soil properties and crop yields under cotton-wheat rotation in northwestern India
by Bajwa, M. S. & Choudhary, O. P. & Josan, A. S.
- 357-367 Water use of agricultural and native plants in a Western Australian wheatbelt catchment
by Farrington, P. & Salama, R. B. & Watson, G. D. & Bartle, G. A.
- 369-378 The effect of filter feeding fish on water quality in irrigation reservoirs
by Sagi, Gideon
- 379-390 Canopy temperature to assess daily evapotranspiration and management of high frequency drip irrigation systems
by Ben-Asher, J. & Phene, C. J. & Kinarti, A.
- 391-407 Evaluating three cotton simulation models under different irrigation regimes
by Asare, D. K. & Sammis, T. W. & Assadian, H. & Fowler, J. L.
1992, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 235-248 Development of a portable rainfall simulator infiltrometer for infiltration, runoff and erosion studies
by Bhardwaj, A. & Singh, R.
- 249-270 Econometric consideration for reuse of drainage effluent in wheat production
by Agnihotri, A. K. & Kumbhare, P. S. & Rao, K. V. G. K. & Sharma, D. P.
- 271-279 Contrasting soil moisture environments beneath sugar cane drip irrigated during the day, and at night
by Abbott, C. L. & Koon, P. D. Ah
- 281-289 Effect of water regime on yield of drip irrigated first ratoon cane intercropped with maize and groundnut
by Soopramanien, G. C. & Nayamuth, R. & Batchelor, C. H.
- 291-306 Dynamics of water use under annual legume pastures in a semi-arid mediterranean environment
by Yunusa, I. A. M. & Sedgley, R. H. & Tennant, D.
- 307-323 Hydrologic and salinity changes associated with tree plantations in a saline agricultural catchment in southwestern Australia
by Greenwood, E. A. N. & Milligan, A. & Biddiscombe, E. F. & Rogers, A. L. & Beresford, J. D. & Watson, G. D. & Wright, K. D.
1992, Volume 22, Issue 1-2
1992, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 249-263 Agricultural water balance of Yunnan Province, PR China: agroclimatic zoning with a Geographical Information System
by Thomas, Axel
- 265-279 Infiltration characteristics of some clayey soils measured during border irrigation
by Maheshwari, B. L. & Jayawardane, N. S.
- 281-295 Sampling number and design for measurements of infiltration rates into puddled rice fields
by Wopereis, M. C. S. & Stein, A. & Bouma, J. & Woodhead, T.
- 297-312 The effect of allocation and scheduling rules on equity and productivity in irrigation systems
by Steiner, Roy A. & Walter, Michael F.
- 313-330 Seasonal water balance of a sandy soil in Niger cropped with pearl millet, based on profile moisture measurements
by Klaij, M. C. & Vachaud, G.
1992, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 167-176 Effects of recession criteria on prediction of recession times in border irrigation models
by Maheshwari, B. L.
- 177-195 Statistical analyses of soil variability: effects of variability on level-basin irrigation of wheat
by Hunsaker, D. J. & Bucks, D. A.
- 197-214 Modeling irrigation deliveries for tertiary units in large irrigation systems
by Kemachandra, R. A. D. & Murty, V. V. N.
- 215-234 Field verification of a microcomputer irrigation model
by Foroud, N. & Hobbs, E. H. & Riewe, R. & Entz, T.
- 235-246 A simple model for extrapolating the electrical conductivity data of gypsum containing soils from reference soil extract data
by Adiku, S. G. K. & Renger, M. & Roth, C.
- 247-248 Hydrology and the management of watersheds : Kenneth N. Brooks, Peter F. Ffolliot, Hans M. Gregersen and John L. Thames Pub: Iowa State Univ. Press/Ames 1991, ISBN 0 8138 0137 0, pp. x + 392 = 402; Price US$51.95
by Fleming, P. M.
1992, Volume 21, Issue 1-2
- 1-2 Publisher's note
by The Publisher
- 3-11 International competition for water and motivations for dispute resolution
by Priest, John E.
- 13-22 Simulation of tertiary unit efficiencies in large irrigation systems
by Murty, V. V. N. & Azar, A. H. & Sarwar, A. & Sudsaisin, K.
- 23-32 Losses from low-pressure center-pivot irrigation systems in a desert climate as affected by nozzle height
by Abo-Ghobar, Hussein M.
- 33-44 Future of irrigation in balanced third world development
by Albertson, Maurice L. & Bouwer, Herman
- 45-56 Productive capacity of trenching and trenchless machines when laying subsurface drains
by de Wilde, J. G. S.
- 57-66 Sensitivity of agricultural drainage systems to changes in climatic inputs
by Armstrong, A. C. & Arrowsmith, R. & Castle, D. A.
- 67-77 A simple flow resistance model for the management of drainage/sub-irrigation systems
by Brandyk, Thomasz & Leeds-Harrison, Peter B. & Skapski, Krzysztof
- 79-91 Estimating agricultural benefits from drainage over a relatively level terrain
by Robinson, John R. C. & Lacewell, Ronald D. & Stoll, John R. & Freeman, Roger
- 93-105 Effect of high salinity and SAR waters on salinization, sodication and yields of pearl-millet and wheat
by Singh, R. B. & Minhas, P. S. & Chauhan, C. P. S. & Gupta, R. K.
- 107-117 Effect of salinity on water stress, growth and yield of broadbeans
by Katerji, N. & van Hoorn, J. W. & Hamdy, A. & Bouzid, N. & Mahrous, S. El-Sayed & Mastrorilli, M.
- 119-135 A rainfall simulator study of infiltration into arable soils
by Wierda, A. & Veen, A. W. L.
- 137-143 Estimation of water uptake pattern of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.)
by Sarkar, S. & Kar, S.
- 145-154 Computing the water balance of a small agricultural catchment in southern England by consideration of different land-use types. I. Land classification using remotely-sensed imagery
by Roberts, G. & France, M. & Robinson, M.
- 155-166 Computing the water balance of a small agricultural catchment in southern England by consideration of different land-use types. II. Evaporative losses from different vegetation types
by Roberts, G. & Roberts, A. M.
1992, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 255-266 The effect of timing on the redistribution of water-applied nitrogen in a sandy soil
by Fuller, K. D. & Moolman, J. H.
- 267-279 Real-time adaptive irrigation scheduling under a limited water supply
by Rao, N. H. & Sarma, P. B. S. & Chander, Subhash
- 281-297 Simulated effects of irrigation management in groundwater contamination
by McTernan, William F. & Mize, Edward D.
- 299-312 Optimal sampling density of hydraulic conductivity for subsurface drainage in the Nile delta
by Gallichand, J. & Marcotte, D. & Prasher, S. O. & Broughton, R. S.
- 313-328 Water table behaviour in drained lands: effect of evapotranspiration from the water table
by Nikam, P. J. & Chauhan, H. S. & Gupta, S. K. & Ram, Sewa
- 329-339 Modified steady state drainage equations for transient conditions in subsurface drainage
by Singh, K. M. & Singh, O. P. & Ram, Sewa & Chauhan, H. S.
- 341-342 Irrigation of agricultural crops : B.A., Stewart and D.R. Nielsen (editors). American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, Soil Science Society of America Publishers, Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A., 1990. 1218 pp., price US$ 65.00. ISBN 0-89118-102-4
by Ingram, Keit T.
- 343-344 Irrigation with treated sewage effluent : A. Feigin, I. Ravina and J. Shalhevet. 1991 Springer-Verlag. 224 pp, DM 228. ISBN-3-540-50804-X
by Bouma, J.
1991, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 173-184 Supplementary irrigation for sequential cropping in the Ethiopian highland vertisols using broadbed and furrow land management system
by Astatke, A. & Airaksinen, H. & Saleem, M. A. Mohamed
- 185-201 Partially penetrating wells in unconfined aquifers
by Anjaneyulu, B.
- 203-207 Field estimation of the spacing of parallel drainage ditches
by Ahmadi, Mirkhalegh Z.
- 209-221 Reference crop evapotranspiration over Greece
by Michalopoulou, H. & Papaioannou, G.
- 223-231 Response of wheat to irrigation with saline water varying in anionic constituents and phosphorus application
by Chauhan, C. P. S. & Singh, R. B. & Minhas, P. S. & Agnihotri, A. K. & Gupta, R. K.
- 233-244 A model to evaluate intensive vs. extensive irrigation practices for irrigated rice production system in Bangladesh
by Ghani, M. A. & Bhuiyan, S. I. & Hill, R. W.
- 245-253 Moisture stress and the water use efficiency of mustard
by Singh, P. K. & Mishra, A. K. & Imtiyaz, Mohd.
1991, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 87-100 Variability of soil water deficiencies for perennial forages in the Canadian prairie region
by De Jong, R. & Bootsma, A. & Dumanski, J. & Samuel, K.
- 101-108 Modelling water-table movement in drained soils with depth-dependent hydraulic conductivity
by Armstrong, A. C. & Youngs, E. G. & Arrowsmith, R.
- 109-118 Relationships between normalized leaf water potential and crop water stress index values for acala cotton
by Jackson, Scott H.
- 119-133 Solute movement during intermittent water flow in a field soil and some implications for irrigation and fertilizer application
by Tillman, R. W. & Scotter, D. R. & Clothier, B. E. & White, R. E.
- 135-153 Discharge and mechanical efficiency of Egyptian water wheels
by Stillwater, Roger & Awad, Magdy
- 155-162 Ranking irrigation tanks for modernization
by Balasubramanian, R. & Govindasamy, R.
- 163-171 Effect of sodic irrigation and gypsum on the reclamation of sodic soil and growth of rice and wheat plants
by Singh, Hargopal & Bajwa, M. S.
1991, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-16 Strip cropping -- development of guidelines for the selection of strip spacing
by Smith, R. J. & Hancock, N. H. & Ruffini, J. L.
- 17-28 Development of soil salinity during germination and early seedling growth and its effect on several crops
by van Hoorn, J. W.
- 29-45 Testing of a field scale drainage model on subsurface-drained farmlands
by Hackwell, S. G. & Prasher, S. O. & Barrington, S. F.
- 47-62 Effect of radial soil heterogeneity around a subsurface drain on the water table height computed using a finite element model
by Zissis, T. & Stuyt, L. C. P. M.
- 63-70 Effect of superabsorbent polymers on survival and growth of crop seedlings
by Woodhouse, J. & Johnson, M. S.
- 71-80 Effect of varying water regimes on soil physical properties and yield of rice in mollisols of Tarai region
by Mishra, H. S. & Rathore, T. R. & Pant, R. C.
- 81-82 Balancing the needs of water use : J.W. Moore. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1988. Hardcover, xii+267 pp., price DM 128. ISBN 0-387-96709-5
by Rose, D. A.
- 82-83 SWRBB: A basin scale simulation model for soil and water resources management : J.G. Arnold, J.R. Williams, A.D. Nicks and N.B. Sammons. Texas A&M University Press. 1990. Hard cover, pp. 280+10 appendices+8 floppy disks 5.25''. Price US $ 65. ISBN 0-89096-337-1
by Wyseure, Guido C. L.
- 84-85 Evaporation in the uplands : I.R. Calder. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, UD, 1990. 148 pp. [pound sign]29.95. ISBN 0-471-92487-3
by Baldocchi, Dennis
1991, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 289-302 A modified layout of the subsurface drainage system for rice areas in the Nile Delta, Egypt
by El-Atfy, H. E. & Abdel-Alim, M. Q. & Ritzema, H. P.
- 303-311 Desalinization with subsurface drainage
by Rao, K. V. G. K. & Leeds-Harrison, P. B.
- 313-324 A comparison between drip and furrow irrigation in cotton at two levels of water supply
by Mateos, L. & Berengena, J. & Orgaz, F. & Diz, J. & Fereres, E.
- 325-340 Irrigation uniformity of level basins as influenced by variations in soil water content and surface elevation
by Hunsaker, D. J. & Bucks, D. A. & Jaynes, D. B.
- 341-359 The distortion by wind of the distribution patterns of single sprinklers
by Seginer, Ido & Kantz, Dvora & Nir, Dov
- 361-370 Economic feasibility of agricultural management practices for reducing sedimentation in a water supply lake
by Prato, Tony & Dauten, Kimberly
1991, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 191-203 Three years experience with an on-farm macro-catchment water harvesting system in Botswana
by Carter, D. C. & Miller, S.
- 205-221 Simulation of evapotranspiration by trees
by Leuning, R. & Kriedemann, P. E. & McMurtrie, R. E.
- 223-233 Irrigation of wheat with saline drainage water on a sandy loam soil
by Sharma, D. P. & Singh, K. N. & Rao, K. V. G. K. & Kumbhare, P. S.
- 235-251 Physical and economic benefits of subsurface drainage by soil type in eastern Ontario
by Jorjani, H. & van Vuuren, W.
- 253-270 Dynamic irrigation scheduling with stochastic rainfall
by Lee, E. S. & Raju, K. S. & Biere, Arlo W.
- 271-283 Trickle irrigation rates and soil salinity distribution in an almond (Prunus amygdalus) orchard
by Nightingale, H. I. & Hoffman, G. J. & Rolston, D. E. & Biggar, J. W.
- 285-286 Proceedings, symposium 25th international course on land drainage. Twenty-five years of drainage experience : J. Vos (editor). International Institute of Land Reclamation and Improvement/ILRI, Wageningen, The Netherlands. Publ. 42, 1987. Hardcover, 353 pp., Dfl. 85.00. ISBN 90-70754-11-8
by Dierickx, W.
- 286-288 Irrigation theory and practice : J.R. Rydzewski and C.F. Ward. Pentech Press 1989, 919 pp, hardcover, price UK[pound sign] 79, ISBN 0-7273-0904-9 Graham Lodge, Graham Road. Published by John Wiley & Sons Limited, England. London NW4 3DG
by Kruse, E. G.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 85-104 Management of sandplain seeps in the wheatbelt of Western Australia
by George, Richard J.
- 105-115 Runoff sampler for small agricultural watersheds
by Pathak, P.
- 117-134 Modeled crop water use and soil water drainage
by Buller, Orlan & Manges, Harry L. & Stone, Loyd R. & Williams, Jeffery R.
- 135-149 Crop water stress index for seed alfalfa: influences of within-season changes in plant morphology
by Hutmacher, R. B. & Steiner, J. J. & Vail, S. S. & Ayars, J. E.
- 151-166 Cotton response to nonuniform and varying depths of irrigation
by Ayars, J. E. & Hutmacher, R. B. & Vail, S. S. & Schoneman, R. A.
- 167-179 Effect of evapotranspiration underprediction on irrigation scheduling and yield of corn: a simulation study
by Stockle, Claudio O. & James, Larry G. & Bassett, Day L. & Saxton, Keith E.
- 181-189 Effects of trickle irrigation on the growth and sunscald of bell peppers (Capsicum annuum L.) in southern Quebec
by Madramootoo, Chandra A. & Rigby, Marion
1991, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-16 A solution in closed form and a series solution to replace the tables for the thickness of the equivalent layer in Hooghoudt's drain spacing formula
by van der Molen, W. H. & Wesseling, J.
- 17-26 Roughness coefficients of watercourses revetted with half-circular concrete pipes. Results of field measurements in watercourse S 333 at Maarkedal
by Voet, M. & Dierickx, W.
- 27-41 A regional approach to salinity management in river basins. A case study in southern Iran
by Shiati, K.
- 43-50 Effect of low salinity water on salt displacement in two soils
by Helalia, Awad M. & El-Amir, S. & Wahdan, A. A. & Shawky, M. E.
- 51-66 Production functions relating crop yield, water quality and quantity, soil salinity and drainage volume
by Dinar, A. & Rhoades, J. D. & Nash, P. & Waggoner, B. L.
- 67-75 Trickle irrigation of sunflower with municipal wastewater
by Papadopoulos, I. & Stylianou, Y.
- 77-84 Water use of a winter wheat cultivar (Triticum aestivum)
by Islam, Talebul
1990, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 277-287 Sensitivity analysis of parameters of border irrigation models
by Maheshwari, B. L. & McMahon, T. A. & Turner, A. K.
- 289-300 Operation diagrams for irrigation management
by Losada, A. & Juana, L. & Roldan, J.
- 301-316 Simulation of controlled drainage in open-ditch drainage systems
by Parsons, J. E. & Skaggs, R. W. & Doty, C. W.
- 317-332 Flood flow through tall vegetation
by Smith, R. J. & Hancock, N. H. & Ruffini, J. L.
- 333-345 Cost effectiveness of soil investigations for pipe drainage projects
by Smedema, L. K.
- 347-363 Economic evaluation of the transition from a traditional to a modernized irrigation project
by Regev, A. & Jaber, A. & Spector, R. & Yaron, D.
- 365-367 Modelling agricultural forest, and rangeland hydrology : Proc. 1988 international symposium, December 12-13, 1988. ASAE publ. 07-88. ASAE, St Joseph, MI., U.S.A., 1988. Softcover, 520 pp., price US$44.00
by Fleming, P. M.
- 367-368 Engineering hydrology techniques in practice : 349 pp., 114 tables, 131 figs. price [pound sign]39.95, 1989. ISBN 0-85312-943-6
by Nachtnebel, H. P.
- 368-370 Nitrogen management and ground water protection : R.F. Follett (editor). Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1989. Hardcover 395 pp, price US$102.50, DFL. 210; ISBN 0-444-87393-7
by Smith, S. J.
- 370-371 Ground water quality and agricultural practices : D.M. Fairchild (editor). Lewis Publishers Inc., Chelsea, MI, U.S.A., 1987. Hardcover, xxvii + 402 pp., price US$64.95, [pound sign]41.05. ISBN 0-87371-036-3
by Rose, D. A.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 181-194 Transient hydraulic modeling for improved canal system operation
by Merkley, G. P. & Walker, W. R. & Gichuki, F. N.
- 195-207 Design of storage tanks for water harvesting in rainfed areas
by Verma, H. N. & Sarma, P. B. S.
- 209-230 Estimation of the groundwater pollution potential on an agricultural watershed
by Rogowski, A. S.
- 231-241 Effect of intermittent irrigation on groundwater table contribution, irrigation requirement and yield of rice in Mollisols of the Tarai region
by Mishra, H. S. & Rathore, T. R. & Pant, R. C.
- 243-252 A laboratory reclamation study for sodic soils used for rice production
by Koo, J. W. & Edling, R. J. & Taylor, V.
- 253-266 Potential economic returns to improved irrigation infiltration uniformity
by Wichelns, D. & Oster, J. D.
- 267-276 Effect of irrigation scheduling on growth, yield and evapotranspiration of wheat in sodic soils
by Sharma, D. K. & Kumar, Ashok & Singh, K. N.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 87-100 A nonlinear chance constrained model for irrigation planning
by Paudyal, G. N. & Das Gupta, A.
- 101-120 A model for investment appraisal of grassland drainage schemes on farms in the U.K
by Dowle, K. & Armstrong, A. C.
- 121-133 Ion exchange treatment of subsurface drainage water
by Magette, W. L. & Pacheco, P. A. & Wheaton, F. W.
- 135-148 Variability of soil water tension and soil water content
by Hendrickx, J. M. H. & Wierenga, P. J. & Nash, M. S.
- 149-158 Nutrient trapping efficiency of a small sediment detention reservoir
by Cooper, Charles M. & Knight, Scott S.
- 159-171 Crop coefficients of some major crops of the Nigerian semi-arid tropics
by Abdulmumin, Salisu & Misari, Steven M.
- 173-179 Water use and yield relationships of irrigated potato
by Islam, Talebul & Sarker, Habibullah & Alam, Jahangir & Harun-Ur-Rashid
1990, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-13 Computerized scheduling for irrigation management and pumping operations in the watercourse command
by Ahmad, Shahid & Heermann, D. F.
- 15-28 Adopting water-conserving irrigation technology: The case of surge irrigation in Arizona
by Coupal, Roger H. & Wilson, Paul N.
- 29-33 Estimation of Manning's roughness coefficient for basin and border irrigation
by Harun-ur-Rashid, M.
- 35-48 Canopy temperature as an indicator of differential water use and yield performance among wheat cultivars
by Pinter, P. J. & Zipoli, G. & Reginato, R. J. & Jackson, R. D. & Idso, S. B. & Hohman, J. P.
- 49-61 Water and fertilizer interrelations with irrigated maize
by Fapohunda, H. O. & Hossain, M. M.
- 63-75 Dynamics of root and shoot growth of barley under various levels of salinity and water stress
by Al-Khafaf, S. & Andan, A. & Al-Asadi, N. M.
- 77-78 Elsevier's dictionary of water and hydraulic engineering, in five languages, English, French, Spanish, Dutch and German : Compiled by J.D. van der Tuin, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1989. Hardcover, XVI+466 pp., Dfl. 360.00. ISBN 0-444-42768-6
by Loiskandl, W.
- 78-79 Farm drainage in the United States: History, status and prospects : George A. Pavelis (editor). Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, miscellaneous publ. no. 1455, 1987. Soft cover, xiii+ 170 pp. GPO price US$ 9.00 stock number 001-019-00518-1
by Dierickx, W.
- 79-82 Scientific aspects of irrigation schemes -- A royal society discussion : C. Pereira et al. (editors). The Royal Society of London, 1986. Price [pound sign]35.00. ISBN 0-85403-268-1
by Horning, H. M.
- 82-83 Water and arid lands of the western United States : Mohammed T. El-Ashry and Diana C. Gibbons (editors). Sponsored by World Resources Institute. Cambridge University Press, New York, 1988. Hardcover 415 pp. Price [pound sign]40.00, US$59.50. ISBN 0-521-35040-9
by Fuller, Wallace H.
1990, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 339-350 Simulation model use for analyzing decision variables in multipump rice irrigation system operation
by Galang, A. L. A. & Bhuiyan, S. I.
- 351-366 Hydrological analysis of farm reservoirs in rainfed rice areas
by Guerra, L. C. & Watson, P. G. & Bhuiyan, S. I.
- 367-377 Variable-time model for equitable irrigation water distribution
by Sharma, D. N. & Oad, Ramchand
- 379-390 Clay lining of leaking earth dams
by Pepper, R. G. & Burke, K. L.
- 391-407 Mapping of irrigation need based on computerized soil and climatic data
by Madsen, Henrik Breuning & Holst, Kristian Aagaard
- 409-414 An irrigation system for plots under a rain shelter
by Nesmith, D. S. & Miller, A. & Ritchie, J. T.
1990, Volume 17, Issue 1-3
- 1-6 A review of the highlights and seminal issues of the symposium on the irrigation of sugarcane and associated crops - Mauritius
by Tuley, P. & Batchelor, C. H.
- 7-23 Recent developments for improving water management in surface and overhead irrigation
by Kay, Melvyn
- 25-35 Drag line irrigation: Practical experiences with sugar cane
by Zadrazil, H.
- 37-47 A low head drip irrigation system for smallholdings
by Miller, E.
- 49-58 The reticulation of ethanol stillage through irrigation systems and its use for fertilisation of sugarcane in Zimbabwe
by Booth, R. J. & Lightfoot, C. J.
- 59-73 Plant water relations and irrigation management
by Turner, N. C.
- 75-94 Importance of irrigation regime, dripline placement and row spacing in the drip irrigation of sugar cane
by Batchelor, C. H. & Soopramanien, G. C. & Bell, J. P. & Nayamuth, R. & Hodnett, M. G.
- 95-115 Plant-water relations of sugar-cane ( L.) under a range of irrigated treatments
by Roberts, John & Nayamuth, R. A. & Batchelor, C. H. & Soopramanien, G. C.
- 117-128 The tolerance of sugarcane to water stress during its main development phases
by Ellis, R. D. & Lankford, B. A.
- 129-139 Irrigation research, development and practice in Mauritius
by Soopramanien, G. C. & Berthelot, B. & Batchelor, C. H.
- 141-149 Tropicalisation of automatic weather stations and initial results for improved irrigation water management in Reunion Island
by Genere, B.
- 151-158 Experience with approximately 600 hectare of drip irrigation at Simunye Sugar Estate, Swaziland
by Pollok, J. G. & Geldard, G. W. & Sweet, C. P. M.
- 159-169 Soil physics and irrigation: Tapping the potential for drip
by Gregory, P. J.
- 171-187 Soil Water Status: A concept for characterising soil water conditions beneath a drip irrigated row crop
by Bell, J. P. & Wellings, S. R. & Hodnett, M. G. & Ah Koon, P. D.
- 189-207 The control of drip irrigation of sugarcane using "index" tensiometers: Some comparisons with control by the water budget method
by Hodnett, M. G. & Bell, J. P. & Ah Koon, P. D. & Soopramanien, G. C. & Batchelor, C. H.
- 209-207 Use of pan evaporation for estimating the total dose and programming the irrigation of sugarcane
by El Messaoudi, M.
- 211-207 Irricane: A computer model for the daily water stress of sugarcane plots
by Combres, J. C. & Jacquemoud-Collet, J. P.
- 213-207 Irrigation recording to improve water management
by Coulson, S. A.
- 215-231 Resource use in intercropping systems
by Willey, R. W.
- 233-231 The relative importance of competition for water and for light in intercropping of sugar cane with maize
by Govinden, N. & Arnason, J. T.
- 235-256 The partitioning of light and water in drip irrigated plant cane with a maize intercrop
by Wallace, J. S. & Batchelor, C. H. & Dabeesing, D. N. & Soopramanien, G. C.
- 257-263 Response of selected legume companion crops to irrigation frequencies
by Sangakkara, U. R.
- 265-263 A computer model to simulate the water balance of an "andic" soil
by Vaksman, M.
- 267-282 Influence of drip irrigation emission rate on distribution and drainage of water beneath a sugar cane and a fallow plot
by Ah Koon, P. D. & Gregory, P. J. & Bell, J. P.
- 283-294 Economic and social perspectives on new irrigation technology
by Carruthers, I.
- 295-299 The organisation of Malawi's small holder sugar production under irrigation
by Kisebe, A. W. J.
- 301-305 Small holder irrigated cane in the Kano Plains of Kenya
by Gitonga, S.
- 307-315 A comparative study of the financial and economic viability of drip and overhead irrigation of sugarcane in Mauritius
by Berthelot, P. B. & Robertson, C. A.
- 317-315 Impact of irrigation on sugarcane-based production systems
by Chastel, J. M.
- 319-321 The problems of running an efficient irrigation system on a small holder project
by Njobvu, S. L.
- 323-321 Optimal drip irrigation scheduling based on design uniformity, deficit application and crop response
by Wu, I-Pai
- 325-335 An assessment of drip irrigation of sugar cane on poorly structured soils in Swaziland
by Dodsworth, GH & Nixon, DJ & Sweet, CPM
- 337-335 Sugar cane consumptive use: Experimental results in the case of Morocco
by Bazza, M. & Benmoumen, A. & Madrane, A. & Messaoudi, M.
- ix-423 Preface
by Batchelor, C. H. & Soopramanien, G. C.
1989, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 269-278 Linear and nonlinear solution of the Boussinesq equation for the bi-level drainage problem
by Sabti, Nazar Ali
- 279-291 Minimal irrigation on small agricultural watersheds with red soils in the semi-arid tropics of Andhra Pradesh, India
by Vijayalakshmi, K. & Vittal, K. P. R. & Rao, U. M. B.
- 293-308 An empirical model of the relationship between irrigation and the volume of water collected in subsurface drains
by Wichelns, Dennis & Nelson, Daniel
- 309-322 Rainwater harvesting for the management of agricultural droughts in the foothills of northern India
by Grewal, S. S. & Mittal, S. P. & Agnihotri, Y. & Dubey, L. N.
- 323-335 Some empirical relations for the prediction of soil evaporation, transpiration and root water uptake under field conditions
by Al-Khafaf, S. & Sharhan, F. A. & Wierenga, P. J. & Iyada, A. D.
- 337-352 Optimization of rainfed tropical cropping in semi-dry areas: A case study
by Radulovich, R. A.
1989, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 173-185 Soil matric potential sensor measurements in real-time irrigation scheduling
by Phene, C. J. & Allee, C. P. & Pierro, J. D.
- 187-199 A modified contour bunding system for Alfisols of the semi-arid tropics
by Pathak, P. & Laryea, K. B. & Singh, Sardar
- 201-215 Irrigation with brackish water under desert conditions. VIII. Further studies on onion (Allium cepa L.) production with brackish water
by De Malach, Y. & Pasternak, D. & Mendlinger, S. & Borovic, I. & El Salam, N. Abd
- 217-228 Prediction of sustained sodic irrigation effects on soil sodium saturation and crop yields
by Bajwa, M. S. & Josan, A. S.
- 229-239 Deficit irrigation effects on head cabbage production
by Sammis, Theodore & Wu, I. P.
- 241-249 Effects of irrigation frequency and water table depths on root growth and yield of tomato in a tropical soil
by Nwadukwe, P. O. & Abdulmumin, S. & Arora, Y. & Ike, I. F.
- 251-268 A statistical analysis of the effect of drainage conditions and nitrogen fertilizer on apple production
by Jorjani, H. & Visser, J.
1989, Volume 16, Issue 1-2
- 5-13 Variance of water advance in wide-spaced furrow irrigation
by Hodges, Mark E. & Stone, John F. & Garton, James E. & Weeks, David L.
- 15-23 Yield variability and water use in wide-spaced furrow irrigation
by Hodges, Mark E. & Stone, John F. & Reeves, H. Eugene
- 25-36 Use of saline drainage water for irrigation: Imperial Valley study
by Rhoades, J. D. & Bingham, F. T. & Letey, J. & Hoffman, G. J. & Dedrick, A. R. & Pinter, P. J. & Replogle, J. A.
- 37-52 Intercepting, isolating and reusing drainage waters for irrigation to conserve water and protect water quality
by Rhoades, J. D.
- 53-61 Effect of gypsum and sodic irrigation water on soil and crop yields in a rice--Wheat rotation
by Bajwa, M. S. & Josan, A. S.
- 63-73 Soil porosity in a peach orchard as influenced by water table depth
by Pagliai, M. & Pezzarossa, B. & Zerbi, G. & Alvino, A. & Pini, R. & Guidi, G. Vigna
- 75-85 Long-term moisture control for soils with shallow groundwater table
by Brandyk, Tomasz & Romanowicz, Renata