Contact information of Blackwell:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
This journal is no longer published by Blackwell. For a followup journal, see Agricultural Economics, published by International Association of Agricultural Economists.
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: William Masters
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): William Alan Masters
Gerald E. Shively
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:agecon
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2001, Volume 25, Issue 2-3
- 245-260 Agent-based spatial models applied to agriculture: a simulation tool for technology diffusion, resource use changes and policy analysis
by Berger, Thomas
- 261-272 Infrastructure and rural development: insights from a Grameen Bank village phone initiative in Bangladesh
by Bayes, Abdul
- 273-283 Tank irrigation management as a local common property: the case of Tamil Nadu, India
by Sakurai, T. & Palanisami, K.
- 285-294 Market power and the pricing of commodities imported from developing countries: the case of US vanilla bean imports
by Rakotoarisoa, Manitra A. & Shapouri, Shahla
- 295-301 What explains price volatility changes in commodity markets? Answers from the world palm-oil market
by Voituriez, Tancrede
- 303-309 Optimal hedging decisions for Taiwanese corn traders on the way to liberalisation
by Liu, Kang E. & Geaun, Jerome & Lei, Li-Fen
- 311-320 The role of intermediaries in enhancing market efficiency in the Ethiopian grain market
by Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z.
- 321-335 Towards greater food security for India's poor: balancing government intervention and private competition
by Umali-Deininger, Dina L. & Deininger, Klaus W.
- 337-346 Averting a food crisis: private imports and public targeted distribution in Bangladesh after the 1998 flood
by del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A.
- 347-357 The impact of food scares on price adjustment in the UK beef market
by Lloyd, Tim & McCorriston, S. & Morgan, C. W. & Rayner, A. J.
- 359-374 A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact
by Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W.
- 375-385 The economic cost of the CAP revisited
by Philippidis, G. & Hubbard, L. J.
2001, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-1 Introduction
by von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan
- 13-26 Measuring soil quality dynamics: A role for economists, and implications for economic analysis
by Kim, Kwansoo & Barham, Bradford L. & Coxhead, Ian
- 27-39 How does gender affect the adoption of agricultural innovations?: The case of improved maize technology in Ghana
by Doss, Cheryl R. & Morris, Michael L.
- 41-58 The effect of barge and ocean freight price volatility in international grain markets
by Haigh, Michael S. & Bryant, Henry L.
- 59-70 Grain transport and rural credit in Mozambique: solving the space-time problem
by Arndt, Channing & Schiller, Rico & Tarp, Finn
- 71-84 Income distribution in rice-growing villages during the post-Green Revolution periods: the Philippine case, 1985 and 1998
by Estudillo, Jonna P. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 85-101 Evolution of land tenure institutions and development of agroforestry: evidence from customary land areas of Sumatra
by Otsuka, Keijiro & Suyanto, S. & Sonobe, Tetsushi & Tomich, Thomas P.
- 103-118 Modeling the impact of technological change on nutrition and marketed surplus
by Ahmed, Mohamed M. & Preckel, Paul V. & Baker, Timothy G. & Lopez-Pereira, Miguel
- 119-130 Optimal weed control under static and dynamic decision rules
by Wu, JunJie
2001, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 235-246 Linking technical change to research effort: an examination of aggregation and spillovers effects
by Traxler, Greg & Byerlee, Derek
- 247-262 Managerial ability -- a review of its basis and potential improvement using psychological concepts
by Nuthall, P. L.
- 263-287 Structural adjustment and soil degradation in Tanzania: A CGE model approach with endogenous soil productivity
by Wiig, Henrik & Aune, Jens B. & Glomsrod, Solveig & Iversen, Vegard
- 289-295 Identification of habit in Japanese food consumption
by Price, David W. & Gislason, Conrad
- 297-306 Technology and farm performance: paths of productive efficiencies over time
by Kalirajan, K. P. & Shand, R. T.
- 307-313 Input and output technical efficiencies of wheat production in Kerman, Iran
by Bakhshoodeh, Mohammad & Thomson, Kenneth J.
- 315-328 Agricultural taxation in developing countries: a survey of issues and policy
by Khan, Mahmood Hasan
- 329-338 The influence of management characteristics on the technical efficiency of wheat farmers in eastern England
by Wilson, Paul & Hadley, David & Asby, Carol
- 339-341 Environmental Indicators and Agricultural Policy: F.M. Brouwer, J.R. Crabtree (Eds.); CABI Publishing, 10 E 40th Street, Suite 3203, New York, NY 10016, USA, 1999, 305 pp, US$ 90.00, ISBN 0-85199-289-7
by Cornelissen, Ton M. G.
2000, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 127-147 Structural and productivity change in US agriculture, 1950-1982
by Huffman, Wallace E. & Evenson, Robert E.
- 149-166 Gains and structural effects of exploiting scale-economies in Norwegian dairy production
by Loyland, Knut & Ringstad, Vidar
- 167-178 Wheat demand in Japanese flour milling industry: a production theory approach
by Koo, Won W. & Mao, Weining & Sakurai, Takeshi
- 179-197 Technical change in Senegal's irrigated rice sector: impact assessment under uncertainty
by Fisher, Monica G. & Masters, William A. & Sidibe, Mamadou
- 199-208 The social cost of labor in rural development: job creation benefits re-examined
by Horbulyk, Theodore M.
- 209-219 Economics of biological control of cassava mealybug in Africa
by Zeddies, J. & Schaab, R. P. & Neuenschwander, P. & Herren, H. R.
- 221-228 Strategies and impact of agro-allied parastatals reform in Nigeria
by Olomola, Ade S.
- 229-230 Against the Grain: Agri-Environmental Reform in the United States and the European Union: Clive Potter, Wallingford, Oxon, UK and CAB International, New York, April 1998, 208 pp., US$ 65.00 hardcover, ISBN 0851992285
by Jay, Mairi
- 230-233 Linking Social and Ecological Systems: Management Practices and Social Mechanisms for Building Resilience: Fikret Berkes, Carl Folke, Johan Colding (Eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1998, 459 pp, +xvi, US$ 80.00, ISBN 0-521-59140-6
by McCarthy, Nancy
2000, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 3-7 Introduction to the special issue on: Management of water resources for agriculture
by Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Zilberman, David
- 9-21 Investment in site-specific crop management under uncertainty: implications for nitrogen pollution control and environmental policy
by Khanna, Madhu & Isik, Murat & Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 23-31 Controlling agricultural nonpoint water pollution: costs of implementing the Maryland Water Quality Improvement Act of 1998
by Parker, Doug
- 33-46 Integrated economic-hydrologic water modeling at the basin scale: the Maipo river basin
by Rosegrant, M. W. & Ringler, C. & McKinney, D. C. & Cai, X. & Keller, A. & Donoso, G.
- 47-60 The allocative efficiency and conservation potential of water laws encouraging investments in on-farm irrigation technology
by Huffaker, Ray & Whittlesey, Norman
- 61-71 Constrained conjunctive-use for endogenously separable water markets: managing the Waihole-Waikane aqueduct
by Smith, Rodney B. W. & Roumasset, James
- 73-85 R&D policies for desalination technologies
by Tsur, Yacov & Zemel, Amos
- 87-100 The importance of structure in linking games
by Just, Richard E. & Netanyahu, Sinaia
- 101-111 Transboundary water management: Game-theoretic lessons for projects on the US-Mexico border
by Frisvold, George B. & Caswell, Margriet F.
- 113-125 The integration of water quality into transboundary allocation agreements: Lessons from the southwestern United States
by Bennett, Lynne Lewis
2000, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 195-205 Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants
by Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 207-218 Agroindustrialization of the global agrifood economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research
by Cook, Michael L. & Chaddad, Fabio R.
- 219-229 Trade and agroindustrialization in developing countries: trends and policy impacts
by Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Reca, Lucio
- 231-240 Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs
by Unnevehr, Laurian J.
- 241-252 Saving or stripping rural industry: an analysis of privatization and efficiency in China
by Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott
- 253-265 How private contract enforcement mechanisms can succeed where public institutions fail: the case of Juhocukor a.s
by Gow, Hamish R. & Streeter, Deborah H. & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 267-277 Endogenous institutional innovation and agroindustrialization on the Peruvian coast
by Escobal, Javier & Agreda, Victor & Reardon, Thomas
- 279-288 Agroindustrialization through institutional innovation: Transaction costs, cooperatives and milk-market development in the east-African highlands
by Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon
- 289-297 The impact of the tomato agroindustry on the rural poor in Mexico
by Barron, Maria Antonieta & Rello, Fernando
- 299-310 Links between economic liberalization and rural resource degradation in the developing regions
by Barbier, Edward B.
2000, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-15 Short and long-run returns to agricultural R&D in South Africa, or will the real rate of return please stand up?
by Schimmelpfennig, David & Thirtle, Colin & van Zyl, Johan & Arnade, Carlos & Khatri, Yougesh
- 17-30 Commodity price stabilisation: macroeconomic impacts and policy options
by Kannapiran, Chinna A.
- 31-40 Lithuania's food demand during economic transition
by Hossain, Ferdaus & Jensen, Helen H.
- 41-53 An analysis of short-run response of export and domestic agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa
by Aboagye, Anthony Q. & Gunjal, Kisan
- 55-68 Impact of cultured shrimp industry on wild shrimp fisheries: analysis of price determination mechanisms and market dynamics
by Bene, Christophe & Cadren, Muriel & Lantz, Frederic
- 69-78 Are we risking too much? Perspectives on risk in farm modelling
by Pannell, David J. & Malcolm, Bill & Kingwell, Ross S.
- 79-86 Determining farm effects attributable to the introduction and use of a dairy management information system in The Netherlands
by Tomaszewski, M. A. & van Asseldonk, M. A. P. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Huirne, R. B. M.
- 87-89 Agricultural Landownership in Transitional Economies: Gene Wunderlich (Ed.); University Press of America, Lanham, MD, 1995, vii +147 pp., US$ 42.50, ISBN 0-7618-0065-4
by Otsuka, Keijiro
- 89-91 Maize Technology Development And Transfer: A GIS Application For Research Planning In Kenya: Rashid Hassan (Ed.); CAB International, Wallingford, UK. Published in association with the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) and the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI), 1998, 230 pp., US$ 85.00 cloth, ISBN 0851-992-870
by Smale, Melinda & Wood, Stan
- 91-92 Famine In Africa: Causes, Responses, and Prevention: Joachim von Braun, Tesfaye Teklu and Patrick Webb, Johns Hopkins University Press for the International Food Policy Research Institute, Baltimore, 1999, 238 pp., US$ 39.00 cloth, ISBN 080-186-1217
by Barrett, Chris
- 92-94 Agricultural Biotechnology and the Environment: Sheldon Krimsky and Roger Wrubel, University of Illinois Press, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 1996, 294 pp., US$ 18.95, ISBN 0-2520-6524-7
by Wright, B.
2000, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 217-232 Policy instruments for sustainable land management: the case of highland smallholders in Ethiopia
by Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T.
- 233-245 Impacts of WTO restrictions on subsidized EU sugar exports
by Poonyth, Daneswar & Westhoff, Patrick & Womack, Abner & Adams, Gary
- 247-259 Valuing groundwater recharge through agricultural production in the Hadejia-Nguru wetlands in northern Nigeria
by Acharya, Gayatri & Barbier, Edward B.
- 261-270 Modelling technical change in Italian agriculture: a latent variable approach
by Esposti, Roberto & Pierani, Pierpaolo
- 271-298 Food crops, exports, and the short-run policy response of agriculture in Africa
by Lamb, Russell L.
- 299-308 Animal disease incidence and indemnity eradication programs
by Kuchler, Fred & Hamm, Shannon
- 309-320 Estimating labor supply of farm households under nonseparability: empirical evidence from Nepal
by Abdulai, Awudu & Regmi, Punya Prasad
- 321-330 The extent of resource use inefficiencies in cotton production in Pakistan's Punjab: an application of Data Envelopment Analysis
by Shafiq, Muhammad & Rehman, Tahir
2000, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 111-122 The political economy of public research investment and commodity policies in agriculture: an empirical study
by Swinnen, Johan F. M. & Gorter, Harry de & Rausser, Gordon C. & Banerjee, Anurag N.
- 127-128 Measuring research benefits in an imperfect market: second reply
by Voon, J. P.
- 129-131 Measuring research benefits in an imperfect market: reply to Holloway
by Sexton, Richard J. & Sexton, Terri A.
- 133-146 Conversion subsidies for organic production: results from Sweden and lessons for the United States
by Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart
- 147-162 Modeling the demand for alcoholic beverages and advertising specifications
by Lariviere, Eric & Larue, Bruno & Chalfant, Jim
- 163-171 Off-farm work decisions on Dutch cash crop farms and the 1992 and Agenda 2000 CAP reforms
by Woldehanna, Tassew & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Peerlings, Jack
- 173-183 Allocation of time for meal preparation in a transition economy
by Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Moon, Wanki & Resurreccion, Anna V. A. & Jordanov, Jordan & Paraskova, Pavlina & Beuchat, Larry R. & Murgov, Kolyo & Chinnan, Manjeet S.
- 185-197 Rural employment in industrialised countries
by Bryden, John & Bollman, Ray
- 199-215 The geography and causes of food insecurity in developing countries
by Smith, Lisa C. & El Obeid, Amani E. & Jensen, Helen H.
2000, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-16 Efficiency of research investments in the presence of international spillovers: wheat research in developing countries
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Byerlee, Derek
- 17-27 An analysis of industrial-agricultural interactions: a case study in Pakistan
by Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Khan, Muhhamad Ehsan & Piewthongngam, Kullapapruk
- 29-35 An error correction almost ideal demand system for meat in Greece
by Karagiannis, G. & Katranidis, S. & Velentzas, K.
- 37-54 Agricultural reforms in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union: Status and perspectives
by Csaki, C.
- 55-65 Japan's Large Scale Retail Store Law: a cause of concern for food exporters?
by Odagiri, Tokumi & Riethmuller, Paul
- 67-74 Transmission of price shifts in the context of structural adjustment:: An empirical analysis for staple food after the devaluation of the franc CFA in Ivory Coast
by Jutting, Johannes
- 75-90 The economics of coupled farm subsidies under costly and imperfect enforcement
by Giannakas, Konstantinos & Fulton, Murray
- 91-103 The external costs of pasture weed spread: an economic assessment of serrated tussock control
by Jones, R. E. & Vere, D. T. & Campbell, M. H.
1999, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 221-229 Intellectual property rights and developing country agriculture
by Perrin, Richard K.
- 231-239 Redistribution of social benefits from advances in extension and research in the Tanzanian maize industry
by Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Parcell, Joe L.
- 241-256 Adoption of soil conservation: the case of the Philippine uplands
by Lapar, Ma. Lucila A. & Pandey, Sushil
- 257-267 Externalities in the agricultural export sector and economic growth: a developing country perspective
by de Pineres, Sheila Amin Gutierrez
- 269-277 Pass-through of exchange rates and tariffs in Greek-US tobacco trade
by Rezitis, Anthony N. & Brown, A. Blake
- 279-294 The effects of land sales restrictions: evidence from south India
by Pender, John L. & Kerr, John M.
- 295-307 A structural time series analysis of US broiler exports
by Kapombe, Crispin M. & Colyer, Dale
- 309-322 Implications of trade reform for agricultural markets in northeast Asia: a Korean example
by Sumner, Daniel A. & Lee, Hyunok & Hallstrom, Daniel G.
- 323-324 The impact of prices and macroeconomic policies on agricultural supply: a reply
by Mamingi, Nlandu
1999, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 109-120 Agricultural higher education in transforming Central and Eastern Europe
by Csaki, Csaba
- 121-130 The influence of technology characteristics on the rate and speed of adoption
by Batz, F. -J. & Peters, K. J. & Janssen, W.
- 131-144 Modeling inter-sectoral growth linkages: An application to U.S. agriculture
by Gopinath, Munisamy & Roe, Terry L.
- 145-154 A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation
by Abadi Ghadim, Amir K. & Pannell, David J.
- 155-172 Imperfect competition, functional forms, and the size and distribution of research benefits
by Alston, Julian M. & Sexton, Richard J. & Zhang, Mingxia
- 173-189 Components of the wholesale bid-ask spread and the structure of grain markets: the case of rice in India
by Jha, Raghbendra & Murthy, K. V. B. & Nagarajan, Hari K. & Seth, Ashok
- 191-203 Modelling embedded risk in peasant agriculture: methodological insights from northern Malawi
by Dorward, Andrew
- 205-216 The impact of perception and other factors on the adoption of agricultural technology in the Moret and Jiru Woreda (district) of Ethiopia
by Negatu, W. & Parikh, A.
1999, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-18 The organization of agricultural research in western developed countries
by Huffman, Wallace E. & Just, Richard E.
- 21-39 Meat and milk self-sufficiency in Asia: forecast trends and implications
by Rutherford, A. S.
- 41-51 Returns to investments in small ruminant research in Indonesia: The Small Ruminant Collaborative Research Support Program (SR-CRSP) in West Java
by Valdivia, Corinne
- 53-67 Risks and returns from soil conservation: evidence from low-income farms in the Philippines
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 69-79 Family farm dynamics in Canada and Israel: the case of farm exits
by Kimhi, Ayal & Bollman, Ray
- 81-92 A comparative analysis of water price support versus drought compensation scheme
by Becker, N.
- 93-108 Grain price stabilization in India: Evaluation of policy alternatives
by Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P. V.
1999, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 191-201 Least-cost cheap-food policies: some implications of international food aid
by Alston, Julian M. & Smith, Vincent H. & Acquaye, Albert & Hosseini, Safdar
- 203-214 The impact of agricultural and household technologies on women: a conceptual and quantitative analysis in Burkina Faso
by Lawrence, Pareena G. & Sanders, John H. & Ramaswamy, Sunder
- 215-230 The effects of real exchange rate depreciation on stochastic producer prices in low-income agriculture
by Barrett, Christopher B.
- 231-239 Factors influencing adoption of land-enhancing technology in the Sahel: lessons from a case study in Niger
by Baidu-Forson, J.
- 241-252 Agriculture and economic growth in Ethiopia: growth multipliers from a four-sector simulation model
by Block, Steven A.
- 253-262 Seasonality and spatial integration in agricultural (product) markets
by Zanias, George P.
- 263-276 Export taxes and sectoral economic growth: evidence from cotton and yarn markets in Pakistan
by Hudson, Darren & Ethridge, Don
- 277-286 Agricultural research priority setting under multiple objectives: an example from Zimbabwe
by Mutangadura, Gladys & Norton, George W.
1999, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 79-93 Middlemen and peasants in rice marketing in the Philippines
by Hayami, Y. & Kikuchi, M. & Marciano, E. B.
- 95-103 Prospects for food security in the 21st Century: with special emphasis on Africa
by McCalla, Alex F.
- 105-120 An economic assessment of the Common Market Organization for bananas in the European Union
by Guyomard, Herve & Laroche, Catherine & Le Mouel, Chantal
- 121-133 The performance of Botswana's traditional arable agriculture: growth rates and the impact of the accelerated rainfed arable programme (ARAP)
by Seleka, Tebogo B.
- 135-141 The income earned by women: impacts on welfare outcomes
by Haddad, Lawrence
- 143-157 Wheat policy and economy-wide reform in Brazil
by Monteiro da Silva, Orlando & Grennes, Thomas
- 159-172 The microeconomics of the developmental paradox: on the political economy of food price policy
by Barrett, Christopher B.
- 173-183 Income risk and farm consumption behavior
by Chen, Kevin Z. & D. Meilke, Karl & Turvey, Calum
1999, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-9 Cointegration and causality in international agricultural economics research
by Zapata, Hector O. & Gil, Jose M.
- 11-21 Impacts of foreign policies on the gains from research and promotion
by Voon, J. P. & Edwards, G. W.
- 23-35 Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches
by Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M.
- 37-49 Measuring the production efficiency of alternative land tenure contracts in a mixed crop-livestock system in Ethiopia
by Gavian, Sarah & Ehui, Simeon
- 51-56 The mixing ratio in the Indonesian dairy industry
by Riethmuller, P. & Chai, J. & Smith, D. & Hutabarat, B. & Sayaka, B. & Yusdja, Y.
- 57-67 Co-integration and error-correction modelling of agricultural export supply in Cameroon
by Tambi, N. Emmanuel
- 69-74 Managerial efficiency under risk for broiler producers in Saudi Arabia
by Sherif, Sherin A. & Al-Kahtani, Safer H.
1998, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 257-267 Tariff rate quotas: structural and stability impacts in growing markets
by Abbott, Philip C. & Paarlberg, Philip L.
- 269-282 Structures and processes required for research, higher education and technology transfer in the agricultural sciences: a policy appraisal
by Whittemore, C. T.
- 283-295 Government intervention and market integration in Indonesian rice markets
by Ismet, Mohammad & Barkley, Andrew P. & Llewelyn, Richard V.
- 297-307 Adoption of new tobacco varieties in Greece: Impacts of empirical findings on policy design
by Dimara, Efthalia & Skuras, Dimitrios
- 309-325 Trends in China's regional grain production and their implications
by Yang, Hong
- 327-340 National agricultural commodity research priorities for Pakistan
by G. Nagy, Joseph & Quddus, M. A.
- 341-348 Technical efficiency and productivity of maize producers in eastern Ethiopia: a study of farmers within and outside the Sasakawa-Global 2000 project
by Seyoum, E. T. & Battese, G. E. & Fleming, E. M.
- 349-358 Price supply response of vegetable growers in the Sultanate of Oman
by Omezzine, Abdallah & Al-Jabri, Omar S.
- 359-366 The demand for meat and fish in Spain: Urban and rural areas
by Gracia, A. & Albisu, L. M.
1998, Volume 19, Issue 1-2
- 1-13 Policy and competitiveness of agroforestry-based technologies for maize production in Cameroon: An application of policy analysis matrix
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Coulibaly, Ousmane N.
- 15-25 Induced innovation and land degradation: Results from a bioeconomic model of a village in West Africa
by Barbier, Bruno
- 27-32 Pasture taxes and agricultural intensification in southern Mali
by Dalton, Timothy J. & A. Masters, William
- 33-44 Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model
by Freeman, H. A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & A. Jabbar, Mohammad
- 45-51 Agricultural productivity in developing countries
by Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K.
- 53-62 Technology, market policies and institutional reform for sustainable land use in southern Mali
by Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Ruben, Ruerd & Kruseman, Gideon
- 63-71 Tenure, land rights, and farmer investment incentives in China
by Li, Guo & Rozelle, Scott & Brandt, Loren
- 73-79 Welfare impacts of technological change on women in southern Mali
by Lilja, Nina & Sanders, John H.
- 81-86 The impact of agricultural research in Africa: aggregate and case study evidence
by Masters, William A. & Bedingar, Touba & Oehmke, James F.
- 87-97 The interface between growth, trade, pollution and natural resource use in Chile: evidence from an economywide model
by van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique & Roland-Holst, David & Dessus, Sebastien & Beghin, John
- 99-112 Population growth, agricultural intensification, induced innovation and natural resource sustainability: An application of neoclassical growth theory
by Pender, John L.
- 113-125 Determinants of farmers' indigenous soil and water conservation investments in semi-arid India
by Pender, John L. & Kerr, John M.
- 127-143 The rise and fall of public sector plant breeding in the United Kingdom: a causal chain model of basic and applied research and diffusion
by Thirtle, C. & Bottomley, P. & Palladino, P. & Schimmelpfennig, D. & Townsend, R.
- 145-157 Testing the induced innovation hypothesis: an error correction model of South African agriculture
by Thirtle, C. & Townsend, R. & van Zyl, J.
- 159-174 Agricultural development with rainforest conservation: methods for seeking best bet alternatives to slash-and-burn, with applications to Brazil and Indonesia
by Tomich, Thomas P. & van Noordwijk, Meine & Vosti, Stephen A. & Witcover, Julie
- 175-180 Farm size, productivity and returns to scale in agriculture revisited: a case study of wine producers in South Africa
by Townsend, R. F. & Kirsten, J. & Vink, N.
- 181-191 Water conveyance, return flows and technology choice
by Umetsu, Chieko & Chakravorty, Ujjayant
- 193-202 Water pricing policies, public decision making and farmers' response: implications for water policy
by Varela-Ortega, Consuelo & M. Sumpsi, Jose & Garrido, Alberto & Blanco, Maria & Iglesias, Eva
- 203-217 Pesticide productivity, host-plant resistance and productivity in China
by Widawsky, David & Rozelle, Scott & Jin, Songqing & Huang, Jikun
- 219-229 Market access by smallholder farmers in Malawi: implications for technology adoption, agricultural productivity and crop income
by Zeller, Manfred & Diagne, Aliou & Mataya, Charles
1998, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 217-231 Adjustment costs and dynamic factor demands for U.S. cigarette manufacturing
by Rezitis, Anthony N. & Brown, A. Blake & Foster, William E.
- 233-247 Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa
by Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T.
- 249-259 Measuring the social costs of suboptimal combinations of policy instruments: A general framework and an example
by Bullock, D. S. & Salhofer, K.
- 261-272 How to define and study farmers' management capacity: theory and use in agricultural economics
by Rougoor, Carin W. & Trip, Ger & Huirne, Ruud B. M. & Renkema, Jan A.
- 273-290 Understanding farmers' decision making processes and improving managerial assistance
by Ohlmer, Bo & Olson, Kent & Brehmer, Berndt
- 291-299 The effects of expenditure growth and urbanisation on food consumption in East Asia: a note on animal products
by Rae, Allan N.
1998, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 107-126 Competition in the US meatpacking industry: is it history?
by Azzam, Azzeddine M.
- 127-143 Multiple job holdings among dairy farm families in New York and Ontario
by Weersink, Alfons & Nicholson, Charles & Weerhewa, Jeeveka
- 145-155 Environmental and economic consequences of technology adoption: IPM in viticulture
by Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge
- 157-165 Efficiency and technical progress in traditional and modern agriculture: evidence from rice production in China
by Xu, Xiaosong & Jeffrey, Scott R.
- 167-175 Impacts of price and exchange rate policies on pesticide use in the Philippines
by Tjornhom, Jessica D. & Norton, George W. & Gapud, Victor
- 177-189 The economics of on-farm processing: model development and an empirical analysis
by Ekman, Sone & Andersson, Hans
- 191-198 Advertising, concentration and profitability in Greek food manufacturing industries
by Vlachvei, A. & Oustapassidis, K.
- 199-207 Further evidence on pesticides, productivity and farmer health: potato production in Ecuador
by Antle, John M. & Cole, Donald C. & Crissman, Charles C.
1998, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-19 Spatial allocation and the shadow pricing of product characteristics
by Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L. & Jesse, Edward
- 21-30 Buyer preferences for sheep and goats in southern Nigeria: A hedonic price analysis
by Jabbar, M. A.
- 31-46 Valuing soil conservation benefits of agroforestry: contour hedgerows in the Eastern Visayas, Philippines
by Pattanayak, Subhrendu & Evan Mercer, D.
- 47-52 Transactional framework of sharecropping: empirical evidence
by Tek-Ann Chew
- 53-62 Seasonality and unit roots: the demand for fruits
by Arnade, Carlos & Pick, Daniel
- 63-74 Investigating improved pasture productivity change on the New South Wales tablelands
by Vere, D. T.
- 75-87 Production function for wheat: a case study of Southeastern Anatolian Project (SAP) region
by Ozsabuncuoglu, Ismail H.
- 89-100 The demand for food and beverages in Norway
by Rickertsen, Kyrre
1997, Volume 17, Issue 2-3
- 95-114 Marketing reforms, market development and agricultural production in China
by Weersink, Alfons & Rozelle, Scott
- 115-131 The trade and environment nexus in Mexican agriculture. A general equilibrium analysis
by Beghin, John & Dessus, Sebastien & Roland-Holst, David & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique
- 133-146 A stall-feeding management for improved cattle in semiarid central Tanzania: factors influencing adoption
by Kaliba, Aloyce R. M. & Featherstone, Allen M. & Norman, David W.
- 147-164 Four case studies of agri-food CVDs and a proposal for reforming national administered protection agencies
by Meilke, Karl D. & Sarker, Rakhal
- 165-177 Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 179-189 Technical efficiency in the Spanish agrofood industry
by Apezteguia, Belen Iraizoz & Garate, Manuel Rapun
- 191-199 Potential of China's grain production: evidence from the household data
by Huang, Yiping & Kalirajan, K. P.