Cambridge University Press
Environment and Development Economics
Contact information of Cambridge University Press:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_EDEProvider-Email:email@example.com
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Duncan Rule)
Series handle: repec:cup:endeec
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2007, Volume 12, Issue 04
- 593-620 Are the poor benefiting from China's land conservation program?
by Uchida, Emi & Xu, Jintao & Xu, Zhigang & Rozelle, Scott
2007, Volume 12, Issue 03
- 359-378 Energy system change and external effects in climate change mitigation
by Anderson, Dennis & Winne, Sarah
- 379-401 Economic integration, environmental harmonization and firm relocation
by Barbier, Edward B. & Hultberg, Patrik T.
- 403-421 Climate variability and flexibility in resource access: the case of pastoral mobility in Northern Kenya
by Mccarthy, Nancy & Di Gregorio, Monica
- 423-443 Dynamic household models of forest clearing under distinct land and labor market institutions: can agricultural policies reduce tropical deforestation?
by Takasaki, Yoshito
- 445-470 Beyond the Environmental Kuznets Curve: a comparative study of SO2 and CO2 emissions between Japan and China
by Yaguchi, Yue & Sonobe, Tetsushi & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 471-497 Benefits and costs to China of a climate policy
by Aunan, Kristin & Berntsen, Terje & O'Connor, David & Persson, Therese Hindman & Vennemo, Haakon & Zhai, Fan
2007, Volume 12, Issue 02
- 183-211 Intergenerational cost benefit analysis of climate change: an endogenous abatement approach
by Kavuncu, Y. Okan
- 213-234 Pollution-reducing infrastructure and urban environmental policy
by Quaas, Martin F.
- 235-249 Agricultural expansion, forest products as safety nets, and deforestation
by Delacote, Philippe
- 251-269 Does natural resource extraction mitigate poverty and inequality? Evidence from rural Mexico and a Lacandona Rainforest Community
by L Pez-Feldman, Alejandro & Mora, Jorge & Taylor, J. Edward
- 271-296 Beating negative externality through groundwater recharge in India: a resource economic analysis
by Diwakara, H. & Chandrakanth, M.G.
- 297-322 Pollution haven hypothesis and the role of dirty industries in Turkey's exports
by Akbostanci, Elif & Tun , G. Ipek & T R T-Asik, Serap
- 323-328 Valuation of the Woopo Wetland in Korea: a contingent valuation study
by Kwak, Seung-Jun & Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Lee, Chung-Ki
- 329-349 Negotiating on water: insights from non-cooperative bargaining theory
by Carraro, Carlo & Marchiori, Carmen & Sgobbi, Alessandra
2007, Volume 12, Issue 01
- 11-31 Can NNP be used for welfare comparisons?
by Asheim, Geir B.
- 33-53 Corruption, the resource curse and genuine saving
by Dietz, Simon & Neumayer, Eric & De Soysa, Indra
- 55-72 Natural resource use conflict: gold mining in tropical rainforest in Ghana
by Akpalu, Wisdom & Parks, Peter J.
- 73-89 Environmental taxation in a dualistic economy
by Rapanos, Vassilis T.
- 91-104 The effect of environmental regulations: a restricted cost function for Korean manufacturing industries
by Lee, Myunghun
- 105-121 Optimization model for integrated municipal solid waste management in Mumbai, India
by Rathi, Sarika
- 123-143 Open access in a spatially delineated artisanal fishery: the case of Minahasa, Indonesia
by Liese, Christopher & Smith, Martin D. & Kramer, Randall A.
- 145-172 Overfishing in the Gulf of Thailand: policy challenges and bioeconomic analysis
by Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Boonchuwongse, Pongpat & Dechboon, Waraporn & Squires, Dale
2006, Volume 11, Issue 06
- 677-696 On the redistributive impact of privatizing a resource under imperfect enforcement
by Ambec, Stefan & Hotte, Louis
- 697-707 A note on
by Plassmann, Florenz & Khanna, Neha
- 709-728 Regional economic impacts of limited entry fishery management: an application of dynamic input output model
by Bhat, Mahadev G. & Bhatta, Ramachandra
- 729-746 Combining averting behavior and contingent valuation data: an application to drinking water treatment in Brazil
by Rosado, Marcia A. & Cunha-E-S , Maria A. & Ducla-Soares, Maria M. & Nunes, Luis C.
- 747-767 Price linkages in Pacific tuna markets: implications for the South Pacific Tuna Treaty and the Western and Central Pacific region
by Squires, Dale & Kim, Taekwon & Jeon, Yongil & Clarke, Raymond
- 769-788 Measuring the socioeconomic impacts of China's Natural Forest Protection Program
by Shen, Yueqin & Liao, Xianchun & Yin, Runsheng
2006, Volume 11, Issue 05
- 559-568 Environmental policy, comparative advantage, and welfare for a developing economy
by Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur
- 569-583 Rate of time preference and the quantity adjusted value of life in India
by Shanmugam, K. R.
- 585-601 Evaluating the performance of different willingness to pay question formats for valuing environmental restoration in rural China
by Zhongmin, Xu & Loomis, John & Zhiqiang, Zhang & Hamamura, Kuino
- 603-627 The benefits and costs of informal sector pollution control: Mexican brick kilns
by Blackman, Allen & Shih, Jhih-Shyang & Evans, David & Batz, Michael & Newbold, Stephen & Cook, Joseph
- 629-649 Economic changes and afforestation incentives in rural China
by D Murger, Sylvie & Yang, Weiyong
- 651-667 Mixing economic and administrative instruments: the case of shrimp aquaculture in Thailand
by Bluffstone, Randall A. & Anantanasuwong, Dararatt & Ruzicka, Ivan
2006, Volume 11, Issue 04
- 417-427 Resilience and sustainable development
by Perrings, Charles
- 429-452 Implications of agricultural policy for species invasion in shifting cultivation systems
by Albers, Heidi J. & Goldbach, Michael J. & Kaffine, Daniel T.
- 453-475 The bioeconomics of controlling an African rodent pest species
by Skonhoft, Anders & Leirs, Herwig & Andreassen, Harry P. & Mulungu, Loth S.A. & Stenseth, Nils Chr.
- 477-492 Multiple equilibria, soil conservation investments, and the resilience of agricultural systems
by Antle, John M. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J. & Valdivia, Roberto O.
- 493-506 Pollution thresholds under uncertainty
by Wirl, Franz
- 507-532 Fragmented landholding, productivity, and resilience management
by Sengupta, Nirmal
- 533-551 Firm size diversity, functional richness, and resilience
by Garmestani, Ahjond S. & Allen, Craig R. & Mittelstaedt, John D. & Stow, Craig A. & Ward, William A.
2006, Volume 11, Issue 03
- 275-300 Maximin: a direct approach to sustainability
by Cairns, Robert D. & Long, Ngo Van
- 301-316 Negatively correlated local and global stock externalities: tax or subsidy?
by Yang, Zili
- 317-342 A multi-period analysis of a carbon tax including local health feedback: an application to Thailand
by Li, Jennifer C.
- 343-370 Impacts of soil quality differences on deforestation, use of cleared land, and farm income
by Witcover, Julie & Vosti, Stephen A. & Carpentier, Chantal Line & De Ara Jo Gomes, T Mara Cl Udia
- 371-391 Surviving from garbage: the role of informal waste-pickers in a dynamic model of solid-waste management in developing countries
by Moreno-S Nchez, Roc O Del Pilar & Maldonado, Jorge Higinio
- 393-409 Public intervention in a transaction situation under varying interests of the intervening body
by Aanesen, Margrethe
2006, Volume 11, Issue 02
- 159-178 The distributional impact of climate change on rich and poor countries
by Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Williams, Larry
- 179-199 Spatially correlated rainfall in a protective irrigation system
by Janmaat, Johannus A.
- 201-220 Slash-and-burn cultivation practice and agricultural input demand and output supply
by Abdulai, Awudu & Binder, Claudia R.
- 221-233 Of guns and trees: impact of terrorism on forest conservation
by Mukherjee, Vivekananda & Gupta, Gautam
- 235-246 Development assistance and the CDM financial additionality
by Dutschke, Michael & Michaelowa, Axel
- 247-267 Designing integrated conservation and development projects (ICDPs): illegal hunting, wildlife conservation, and the welfare of the local people
by Johannesen, Anne Borge
2006, Volume 11, Issue 01
- 9-13 Introduction: The dynamics of coupled human and natural systems
by McPEAK, JOHN G. & LEE, DAVID R. & BARRETT, CHRISTOPHER B.
- 15-38 Food-for-work for poverty reduction and the promotion of sustainable land use: can it work?
by Holden, Stein & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hagos, Fitsum
- 39-58 Incorporating systems dynamics and spatial heterogeneity in integrated assessment of agricultural production systems
by Antle, John M. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J.
- 59-75 Externalities and labour market linkages in a dynamic two-sector model of tropical agriculture
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 77-94 An application of the use of safe minimum standards in the conservation of livestock biodiversity
by Drucker, Adam G.
- 95-126 Bio-economic development of floodplains: farming versus fishing in Bangladesh
by Islam, Mursaleena & Braden, John B.
- 127-149 Collective action in community management of grazing lands: the case of the highlands of northern Ethiopia
by Benin, Samuel & Pender, John
- 151-152 Professor David Pearce (1941 2005)
by Birol, Ekin & Koundouri, Phoebe & Maddison, David
2005, Volume 10, Issue 06
- 719-743 Dynamics of tuberculosis and economic growth
by Delfino, Doriana & Simmons, Peter J.
- 745-768 Protecting China's children: valuing the health impacts of reduced air pollution in Chinese cities
by Mead, Robert W. & Brajer, Victor
- 769-799 Incentives in water management reform: assessing the effect on water use, production, and poverty in the Yellow River Basin
by Wang, Jinxia & Xu, Zhigang & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott
- 801-819 Efficiency and equity in groundwater markets: the case of Madhya Pradesh, India
by Kajisa, Kei & Sakurai, Takeshi
- 821-836 Willingness to pay for water and location bias in hedonic price analysis: evidence from the Indonesian housing market
by Yusuf, Arief Anshory & Koundouri, Phoebe
- 837-859 Productive efficiency, property rights, and sustainable renewable resource development in the mini-purse seine fishery of the Java Sea
by Susilowati, Indah & Bartoo, Norman & Omar, Ishak Haji & Jeon, Yongil & Kuperan, K. & Squires, Dale & Vestergaard, Niels
2005, Volume 10, Issue 05
- 581-596 Climate change and agriculture in Sri Lanka: a Ricardian valuation
by Seo, Sung-No Niggol & Mendelsohn, Robert & Munasinghe, Mohan
- 597-614 Transaction and abatement costs of carbon-sink projects in developing countries
by Cacho, Oscar J. & Marshall, Graham R. & Milne, Mary
- 615-629 Emission abatement versus development as strategies to reduce vulnerability to climate change: an application of FUND
by Tol, Richard S.J.
- 631-649 Evaluating projects that are potentially eligible for Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) funding in the South African context: a case study to establish weighting values for sustainable development criteria
by Brent, Alan C. & Heuberger, Renat & Manzini, Dumisani
- 651-663 Cost-effective conservation when eco-entrepreneurs have market power
by Ferraro, Paul J. & Simpson, R. David
- 665-687 Farmers' perceptions of participation and institutional effectiveness in the management of mid-hill watersheds in Nepal
by Shivakoti, Ganesh P. & Thapa, Surendra B.
- 689-709 Tropical forest harvesting and taxation: a dynamic model of harvesting behavior under selective extraction systems
by Conrad, Robert F. & Gillis, Malcolm & Mercer, D. Evan
2005, Volume 10, Issue 04
- 381-389 National environmental performance: an empirical analysis of policy results and determinants
by Esty, Daniel C. & Porter, Michael E.
- 391-434 National environmental performance: an empirical analysis of policy results and determinants
by Esty, Daniel C. & Porter, Michael E.
- 435-452 Environmental regulation and the optimal location of the risk-averse firm under uncertainty
by Isik, Murat
- 453-483 Determinants of compliance in the emissions compensation program in Santiago, Chile
by Palacios, Milagros & Ch Vez, Carlos
- 485-511 Inter-regional innovation in Brazilian agriculture and deforestation in the Amazon: income and environment in the balance
by Cattaneo, Andrea
- 513-531 Missing markets and crop diversity: evidence from Mexico
by Van Dusen, M. Eric & Taylor, J. Edward
- 533-556 Costs of resource depletion externalities: a study of groundwater overexploitation in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Reddy, V. Ratna
- 557-572 Deforestation in Cameroon: immediate causes and consequences
by Gbetnkom, Daniel
2005, Volume 10, Issue 03
- 249-269 Economy-wide gains from decentralized water allocation in a spatially heterogenous agricultural economy
by Diao, Xinshen & Roe, Terry & Doukkali, Rachid
- 271-292 Wildlife conservation policies and incentives to hunt: an empirical analysis of illegal hunting in western Serengeti, Tanzania
by Johannesen, Anne Borge
- 293-312 Opportunity costs of conservation in a biodiversity hotspot: the case of southern Bahia
by Chomitz, Kenneth M. & Alger, Keith & Thomas, Timothy S. & Orlando, Heloisa & Nova, Paulo Vila
- 313-335 Water markets and demand in Central American cities
by Strand, Jon & Walker, Ian
- 337-361 Factors determining household fuel choice in Guatemala
by Heltberg, Rasmus
- 363-379 Extractive non-timber forestry and agriculture in rural Vietnam
by Linde-Rahr, Martin
2005, Volume 10, Issue 02
- 127-141 Does high indebtedness increase natural resource exploitation?
by Neumayer, Eric
- 143-157 Reassessing the interaction between investment and tenure uncertainty
by Robinson, Elizabeth J. Z.
- 159-178 Biodiversity and nature-based tourism at forest reserves in Uganda
by Naidoo, Robin & Adamowicz, Wiktor L.
- 179-200 Bt cotton and pesticide use in Argentina: economic and environmental effects
by Qaim, Matin & De Janvry, Alain
- 201-215 The impact of sea level rise on Singapore
by Ng, Wei-Shiuen & Mendelsohn, Robert
- 217-240 A game model of people's participation in forest management in Northern India
by Lise, Wietze
2005, Volume 10, Issue 01
- 7-31 Poverty, property rights and collective action: understanding the distributive aspects of common property resource management
by Adhikari, Bhim
- 33-51 Rise, fall, and persistence in Kadakkodi: an enquiry into the evolution of a community institution for fishery management in Kerala, India
by Paul, Antonyto
- 53-65 Different property rights regimes in the Lake Victoria multiple species fishery
by Brown, Gardner & Berger, Brett & Ikiara, Moses
- 67-85 Herders response to acute land pressure under changing property rights: some insights from Kajiado District, Kenya
by Kabubo-Mariara, Jane
- 87-96 Now that your land is my land does it matter? A case study in Western India
by Mukhopadhyay, Pranab
- 97-117 State regulation versus co-management: evidence from the Cochin Estuarine Fisheries in India
by Srinivasan, Jeena T.
2004, Volume 9, Issue 06
- 735-755 Irrigation water pricing: policy implications based on international comparison
by Tsur, Yacov & Dinar, Ariel & Doukkali, Rachid M. & Roe, Terry
- 757-780 International support for environmental protection
by Israel, Debra K.
- 781-802 Considerations for targeting soil conservation investments in southern Honduras
by Thurow, Amy P. & Thurow, Thomas L. & Santos, Hector R.
- 803-824 Environmental values and resource management options: a choice modelling experience in Malaysia
by Othman, Jamal & Bennett, Jeff & Blamey, Russell
- 825-847 Rights transfers in Madagascar biodiversity policies: achievements and significance
by Antona, Martine & Bi Nabe, Estelle Motte & Salles, Jean-Michel & P Chard, G Raldine & Aubert, Sigrid & Ratsimbarison, Rivo
2004, Volume 9, Issue 05
- 591-612 Negative externalities, defensive expenditures and labour supply in an evolutionary context
by Antoci, Angelo & Bartolini, Stefano
- 613-644 Development strategy and trade liberalization: implications for poverty and environment in the Philippines
by Coxhead, Ian & Jayasuriya, Sisira
- 645-662 Anthropogenic climate change in a descriptive growth model
by Greiner, Alfred
- 663-693 Corruption, growth, and the environment: a cross-country analysis
by Welsch, Heinz
- 695-719 Inducing the adoption of conservation technologies: lessons from the Ecuadorian Andes
by Winters, Paul & Crissman, Charles C. & Espinosa, Patricio
- 721-722 N. Ravindranath and J. Sathaye, Climate Change and Developing Countries. Kluwer, Dordrecht, 2002, 286 pp., ISBN 1-4020-0104-5
by Michaelowa, Axel
- 723-725 Krystyna M. Urbana, Nigel Webb and Peter Edwards (eds), Restoration Ecology and Sustainable Development. Cambridge University Press, 55.00 (US$74.95), ISBN 0 521 582160 5(HB)
by Lovett, Jon
- 725-728 M. Shirley (ed.), Thirsting for Efficiency: The Economics and Politics of Urban Water System Reform. Elsevier Press, Oxford, 2000, xxi +376 pp., US $100, ISBN 0080440770
by Martinez-Espineira, Roberto
2004, Volume 9, Issue 04
- 455-472 Sharing rules and the commons: evidence from Ha'apai, Tonga
by Chakraborty, Rabindra Nath
- 473-484 Exact measures of income in a hyperbolic economy
by Pezzey, John C.V.
- 485-505 Sustainable development in mineral economies: the example of Botswana
by Lange, Glenn-Marie & Wright, Matthew
- 507-537 Dynamics of China's regional development and pollution: an investigation into the Environmental Kuznets Curve
by De GROOT, HENRI L.F. & WITHAGEN, CEES A. & MINLIANG, ZHOU
- 539-561 Efficiency of timber production in community and private forestry in Nepal
by Sakurai, Takeshi & Rayamajhi, Santosh & Pokharel, Ridish K. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 563-577 Attitudes and institutions: contrasting experiences of Joint Forest Management in India
by Husain, Zakir & Bhattacharya, Rabindra N.
- 579-582 Jyoti Parikh and Hemant Datye (eds), Sustainable Management of Wetlands: Biodiversity and Beyond, Sage, 2003, ISBN 0761996028
by Kumar, Pushpam
- 582-583 Simon A. Levin, Fragile Dominion: Complexity and the Commons, Perseus Books, ISBN 073820319X
by Lovett, Jon
2004, Volume 9, Issue 03
- 279-287 Summaries
by Honlonkou, Albert N. & Yap, Roberto C. & Sengupta, Ramprasad & Bhardwaj, Geetesh & Kang, Sang Mok & Lee, Myunghun & Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael & Amman, Hans M. & Duraiappah, Anantha Kumar & Dinar, Ariel & Balakrishnan, Trichur K. & Wambia, Joseph
- 289-314 Modelling adoption of natural resources management technologies: the case of fallow systems
by Honlonkou, Albert N.
- 315-333 Option valuation of Philippine forest plantation leases
by Yap, Roberto C.
- 335-352 Consumption pattern, trade, and greenhouse gas leakage in India
by Sengupta, Ramprasad & Bhardwaj, Geetesh
- 353-365 An empirical study on effective pollution enforcement in Korea
by Kang, Sang Mok & Lee, Myunghun
- 367-382 Governance, economic policy, and the environmental Kuznets curve for natural tropical forests
by Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael
- 383-407 Land tenure and conflict resolution: a game theoretic approach in the Narok district in Kenya
by Amman, Hans M. & Duraiappah, Anantha Kumar
- 409-445 Politics of institutional reforms in the water and drainage sector of Pakistan
by Dinar, Ariel & Balakrishnan, Trichur K. & Wambia, Joseph
2004, Volume 9, Issue 02
- 131-134 Poverty and forest degradation: introduction to the special issue
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 135-154 Household welfare and forest dependence in Southern Malawi
by Fisher, Monica
- 155-179 Seeing the forest for the fuel
by Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Sills, Erin O. & Kramer, Randall A.
- 181-202 Household production and forest clearing: the role of farming in the development of the Amazon
by Caviglia-Harris, Jill L.
- 203-224 Risk coping strategies in tropical forests: floods, illnesses, and resource extraction
by Takasaki, Yoshito & Barham, Bradford L. & Coomes, Oliver T.
- 225-239 Rural poverty, household responses to shocks, and agricultural land use: panel results for El Salvador
by Rodr Guez-Meza, Jorge & Southgate, Douglas & Gonz Lez-Vega, Claudio
- 241-266 Agricultural intensification, local labor markets, and deforestation in the Philippines
by Shively, Gerald & Pagiola, Stefano
- 267-272 Joe Human and Manoj Pattanaik, Community Forest Management: A Casebook from India. Oxfam GB, 2000. ISBN 0-85598-439-2 Clark C. Gibson, Margaret A. McKean, and Elinor Ostrom (eds), People and Forests: Communities, Institutions, and Governance. The MIT Press, 2000. ISBN 0-262-07201-7
by Sahu, Nirmal C.
- 272-276 Mohammed H.I. Dore and Rub n Guevara (eds), Sustainable Forest Management and Global Climate Change: Selected Case Studies from the Americas. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2000. ISBN 1840641614
by Ser A Da Motta, Ronaldo
- 276-278 Kanchan Chopra and S.C. Gulati, Migration, Common Property Resources and Environmental Degradation: Interlinkages in India's Arid and Semi-arid Regions. Sage Publications India, 2001. ISBN 0-7619-9501-3 (US-HB) 81-7036-982-7 (India-HB)
by Kerapeletswe, Charity K.
2004, Volume 9, Issue 01
- 9-18 The economics of environmental change and pollution management issues and approaches from South Asia
by Dasgupta, Partha & Shyamsundar, Priya & M Ler, Karl-G Ran
- 19-45 Environment development linkages: modelling a wetland system for ecological and economic value
by Chopra, Kanchan & Adhikari, Saroj Kumar
- 47-59 Economic policy instruments for controlling vehicular air pollution
by Pandey, Rita
- 61-81 Cost benefit analysis of cleaning the Ganges: some emerging environment and development issues
by Markandya, A. & Murty, M.N.
- 83-106 Valuing health damages from water pollution in urban Delhi, India: a health production function approach
by Dasgupta, Purnamita
- 107-122 Comparing the cost effectiveness of market-based policy instruments versus regulation: the case of emission trading in an integrated steel plant in India
by Pandey, Rita & Bhardwaj, Geetesh
2003, Volume 8, Issue 04
- 549-555 Summaries
by Cole, Matthew A.
- 557-580 Development, trade, and the environment: how robust is the Environmental Kuznets Curve?
by Cole, Matthew A.
- 581-601 Environmental Kuznets Curve for sulfur: evidence using GMM estimation and random coefficient panel data models
by Halkos, George E.
- 603-619 Policy implications and analysis of the determinants of travel mode choice: an application of choice experiments to metropolitan Costa Rica
by Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik
- 621-636 The linkages between property rights, migration, and productivity: the case of Kajiado District, Kenya
by Kabubo-Mariara, Jane
- 637-654 Upgrading municipal environmental services to European Union levels: a case study of household willingness to pay in Lithuania
by Bluffstone, Randall & DeShazo, J.R.
- 655-677 Development of techno-economic integrated models: LFSGR and aerobic composting for municipal waste management
by Yedla, Sudhakar
2003, Volume 8, Issue 03
- 407-415 Summaries
by Mulholland, Denise M. & Wilman, Elizabeth A.
- 417-435 Bioprospecting and biodiversity contracts
by Mulholland, Denise M. & Wilman, Elizabeth A.
- 437-450 How labour organization may affect technology adoption: an analytical framework analysing the case of integrated pest management
by Beckmann, Volker & Wesseler, Justus
- 451-466 Equilibrium pollution and economic development in China
by Wang, Hua & Wheeler, David
- 467-480 An economic analysis of using crop residues for energy in China
by Wang, Xiaoping & Mendelsohn, Robert
- 481-504 Technical efficiency in the Malaysian gill net artisanal fishery
by Squires, Dale & Grafton, R. Quentin & Alam, Mohammed Ferdous & Omar, Ishak Haji
- 505-528 Citizens' actions for protecting the environment in developing countries: an economic analysis of the outcome with empirical cases from India
by Santhakumar, V.
- 529-547 Eco-labels for credence attributes: the case of shade-grown coffee
by Larson, Bruce A.
2003, Volume 8, Issue 02
- 207-218 Summaries
by Anderies, John M.
- 219-246 Economic development, demographics, and renewable resources: a dynamical systems approach
by Anderies, John M.
- 247-260 Flexibility mechanisms and credit discounting
by Shin, Sungwhee & Suh, Sang-Chul
- 261-284 Getting incentives right?: a comparative analysis of policy instruments for livestock waste pollution abatement in Yucat n, Mexico
by Drucker, Adam G. & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe
- 285-309 A CGE framework to evaluate policy options for reducing air pollution emissions in Chile
by O'Ryan, Ra l & Miller, Sebastian & de Miguel, Carlos J.
- 311-330 Environmental costs and their impact on the net present value of a hydro-electric project in Kerala, India
by Santhakumar, V. & Chakraborty, Achin
- 331-349 On the use of cost-benefit analysis for the evaluation of farm household investments in natural resource conservation
by Hoogeveen, Hans & Oostendorp, Remco
- 351-371 Transferring the benefits of avoided health effects from water pollution between Portugal and Costa Rica
by Barton, David N. & Mourato, Susana
- 373-390 Valuing marine parks in a developing country: a case study of the Seychelles
by Mathieu, Laurence F. & Langford, Ian H. & Kenyon, Wendy
- 391-404 Hedonic pricing in Windhoek townships
by Humavindu, Michael Nokokure & Stage, Jesper
2003, Volume 8, Issue 01
- 1-10 Summaries
by Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi
- 11-30 Undesirable growth in a model with capital accumulation and environmental assets
by Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi
- 31-56 On Heyes' IS EE proposal to establish an environmental macroeconomics
by Lawn, Philip A.
- 57-76 On the implications of technological innovation for environmental policy
by Parry, Ian W.H.
- 77-104 Land tenure and the management of land and trees: the case of customary land tenure areas of Ghana
by Otsuka, Keijiro & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Payongayong, Ellen & Aidoo, J.B.
- 105-127 Excess capacity and sustainable development in Java Sea fisheries
by Squires, Dale & Omar, Ishak Haji & Jeon, Yongil & Kirkley, James & Kuperan, K. & Susilowati, Indah
- 129-148 Community natural resource management: the case of woodlots in Northern Ethiopia
by Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Pender, John & Tesfay, Girmay
- 149-165 The development impact of genetic use restriction technologies: a forecast based on the hybrid crop experience
by Goeschl, Timo & Swanson, Timothy
- 167-186 Monopolization and the regulation of genetically modified crops: an economic model
by Munro, Alistair
- 187-205 Potential economic impacts of terminator technologies: policy implications for developing countries
by Srinivasan, C.S. & Thirtle, Colin
2002, Volume 7, Issue 04
- 603-604 Environment and Development Economics congratulates Partha Dasgupta and Karl-G ran M ler for the award of the Volvo Environment Prize, 2002
by Perrings, Charles
- 617-624 The economics of water: environment and development. Introduction to the special issue
by Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Swanson, Timothy M.
- 625-641 Policy issues and institutional impediments in the management of groundwater: lessons from case studies
by Howe, Charles W.
- 643-657 Irrigation water demand for the decision maker
by Bontemps, Christophe & Couture, St phane
- 659-685 Household demand and welfare: implications of water pricing in Cyprus
by Hajispyrou, Soteroula & Koundouri, Phoebe & Pashardes, Panos
- 687-700 Can public sector reforms improve the efficiency of public water utilities?
by Anwandter, Lars & Ozuna, Teofilo Jr.
- 701-714 Valuing indirect ecosystem services: the case of tropical watersheds
by Kaiser, Brooks & Roumasset, James
- 715-732 Solving water pollution problems along the US Mexico border
by Fernandez, Linda
- 733-750 Transaction costs and trading behavior in an immature water market
by Carey, Janis & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David
- 751-768 Environmental improvement with economic development through public information provision
by Osgood, Daniel Edward
- 769-795 Aspects of water markets for developing countries: experiences from Australia, Chile, and the US
by Bjornlund, Henning & McKay, Jennifer
2002, Volume 7, Issue 03
- 395-405 Summaries
by Damania, Richard
- 407-427 Environmental controls with corrupt bureaucrats
by Damania, Richard
- 429-448 The environmental Kuznets curve and satiation: a simple static model
by Lieb, Christoph M.
- 449-466 Technology transfers in the Clean Development Mechanism: an incentives issue
by Millock, Katrin
- 467-486 Measuring the cost of environmentally sustainable industrial development in India: a distance function approach
by Murty, M.N. & Kumar, Surender
- 487-506 Do public works decrease farmers' soil degradation? Labour income and the use of fertilisers in India's semi-arid tropics
by Berg, Marrit van den
- 507-527 Measurement and sources of technical efficiency of land tenure contracts in Ethiopia
by Ahmed, Mohamed M. & Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Benin, Samuel & Ehui, Simeon
- 529-545 Climate variability, vulnerability and effectiveness of farm-level adaptation options: the challenges and implications for food security in Southwestern Cameroon
by Molua, Ernest L.