Citations for "Demographic and economic correlates of health in old age"
by James Smith & Raynard Kington
For a complete description of this item, click here
. For a RSS feed for citations of this item, click here
- Herbert Emery & Jesse Matheson, 2011.
"Should Income Transfers be Targeted or Universal? Insights from Public Pension Influences on Elderly Mortality in Canada,"
2011-02, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 01 Jan 2011.
- Cem Mete & T. Paul Schultz, 2002.
"Health and Labor Force Participation of the Elderly in Taiwan,"
846, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- repec:fip:fedfap:2001-07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2003.
"Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Fraser, Steve P. & Jennings, William W. & King, David R., 2001.
"Strategic asset allocation for individual investors: the impact of the present value of Social Security benefits,"
Financial Services Review,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 295-326, 00.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2010.
"Education-related Inequity in Health Care with Heterogeneous Reporting of Health,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
10-122/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Barbara Wolfe & Jessica Jakubowski & Robert Haveman & Marissa Courey, 2012.
"The Income and Health Effects of Tribal Casino Gaming on American Indians,"
Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 499-524, May.
- Paul Lee & James P. Smith & Raynard S. Kington, 2004.
"The Associations Between Self-Rated Vision and Hearing and Functional Status in Middle Age,"
- Willis, Robert J., 1999.
"Theory confronts data: how the HRS is shaped by the economics of aging and how the economics of aging will be shaped by the HRS,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 119-145, June.
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, .
"Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France,"
2012-13, TEPP Working Papers.
- Danan Gu & Yi Zeng, 2004.
"Sociodemographic Effects on the Onset and Recovery of ADL Disability among Chinese Oldest-old,"
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 11(1), pages 1-42, August.
- Jensen, Robert T. & Richter, Kaspar, 2004.
"The health implications of social security failure: evidence from the Russian pension crisis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 209-236, January.
- van Kippersluis, Hans & Van Ourti, Tom & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Health and income across the life cycle and generations in Europe,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 818-830, July.
- Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Jonathan Hartley, 2009.
"Health and the savings of insured versus uninsured, working-age households in the U.S,"
Working Paper Series
WP-09-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Darrell Gaskin & Alvin Headen & Shelley White-Means, 2005.
"Racial disparities in health and wealth: The effects of slavery and past discrimination,"
The Review of Black Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 95-110, March.
- Gomez, Miguel I. & Ranney, Christine K., 2002.
"Effects Of Food And Health Spending Patterns On The Health Of The Elderly,"
2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA
19608, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Scott Adams, 2002.
"Educational Attainment and Health: Evidence from a Sample of Older Adults,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 97-109.
- Mary C. Daly & Peggy McDonough & Greg J. Duncan & David Williams, 1999.
"Optimal indicators of socioeconomic status for health research,"
Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory
99-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- James P. Smith, 2005.
"Unraveling the SES-Health Connection,"
Labor and Demography
- Robert T. Jensen, 2004.
"Socioeconomic Status, Nutrition, and Health among the Elderly,"
in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 313-332
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bakshi, Sanjeev & Pathak, Prasanta, 2010.
"Social context and the burden of ill health among the older adults in India,"
40463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James P. Smith, 2003.
"Consequences and predictors of new health events,"
IFS Working Papers
W03/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Peter Adams & Michael D. Hurd & Daniel L. McFadden & Angela Merrill & Tiago Ribeiro, 2004.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise? Tests for Direct Causal Paths between Health and Socioeconomic Status,"
in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 415-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Peter & Hurd, Michael D. & McFadden, Daniel & Merrill, Angela & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2003.
"Healthy, wealthy, and wise? Tests for direct causal paths between health and socioeconomic status,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-56, January.
- James P. Smith, 1997.
"The Changing Economic Circumstances of the Elderly: Income, Wealth, and Social Security,"
Center for Policy Research Policy Briefs
8, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Bender, Keith A. & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2009.
"Controlling for endogeneity in the health-socioeconomic status relationship of the near retired,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 977-987, December.
- Elisabetta Santarelli & Anna De Pascale, .
"Economic, housing conditions and health of old people in Italy: evidence from EU-SILC,"
99/12, Sapienza University of Rome, Metodi e modelli per l'economia, il territorio e la finanza MEMOTEF.
- Ellen Meara, 2001.
"Why is Health Related to Socioeconomic Status?,"
NBER Working Papers
8231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali, 2014.
"Life Cycle Development of Obesity and Its Determinants in Six European Countries,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2013-08, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.