ZEW Corporate Taxation Microsimulation Model (ZEW TaxCoMM)
AbstractCurrent political discussions in Germany and other European countries illustrate the importance accorded to revenue and distribution effects of tax reforms. Whereas widely recognized concepts of effective tax measures can provide important insights into the incentives of taxation they do not allow robust revenue estimations or distribution analyses. Hence there is need to supplement existing quantitative tax models by approaches apt for these issues of policy analysis. Against this background, this paper puts forward a corporate microsimulation model allowing an ex-ante evaluation of tax reforms with regard to distributional consequences and revenue effects. Central feature of the model is the processing of financial statements included in the DAFNE data base of the Bureau van Dijk. The firm-level data is supplemented by survey data on tax accounting practices. The focus of the paper is on the documentation of the model set-up. Its application will be addressed in future publications. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research in its series ZEW Discussion Papers with number 08-117 [rev.].
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Microsimulation Model; Corporate Taxation; Policy Analysis; Firm-Level Data;
Other versions of this item:
- Reister, Timo & Spengel, Christoph & Finke, Katharina & Heckemeyer, Jost Henrich, 2008. "ZEW Corporate Taxation Microsimulation Model (ZEW TaxCoMM)," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-117, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- K34 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Tax Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-10-03 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-10-03 (European Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2009-10-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2009-10-03 (Public Finance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kerstin Schneider & Claudia Wesselbaum-Neugebauer, 2010. "Die Gewerbesteuer seit der Unternehmensteuerreform 2008: Steigt die Steuerbelastung und die Gefahr der Substanzbesteuerung? Eine empirische Analyse," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp10008, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.