Coase Contracts and the Producer's Incentive to Innovate
AbstractThe paper analyzes the dynamic efficiency of the Coase solution to the problem of negative externalities. We demonstrate that with respect to the incentive of the producer to develop or to adopt a superior technology the so-called "symmetry thesis" does not hold for all types of contracts.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its series Freiberg Working Papers with number 1998,05.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
EXTERNALITIES ; CONTRACTS;
Other versions of this item:
- Fritsch, M. & Wein, T., 1998. "Coase Contracts and the Producer's Incentive to Innovate," Papers 98/5, Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- K30 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.