Nonparametric estimation of an additive model with a link function
AbstractThis paper describes an estimator of the additive components of a nonparametric additive model with a known link function. When the additive components are twice continuously differentiable, the estimator is asymptotically normally distributed with a rate of convergence in probability of n -2/5 . This is true regardless of the (finite) dimension of the explanatory variable. Thus, in contrast to the existing asymptotically normal estimator, the new estimator has no curse of dimensionality. Moreover, the asymptotic distribution of each additive component is the same as it would be if the other components were known with certainty. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes in its series SFB 373 Discussion Papers with number 2002,63.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
nonparametric regression; additive models; multivariate curve estimation; kernel estimates; orthogonal series estimator;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Opsomer, Jean D., 2000. "Asymptotic Properties of Backfitting Estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 166-179, May.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1997. "Convergence rates and asymptotic normality for series estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 147-168, July.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2003.
"Nonparametric estimation of homothetic and homothetically separable functions,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP14/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Homothetic and Homothetically Separable Functions," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2003/461, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2007.
"Nonparametric Matching and Efficient Estimators of Homothetically Separable Functions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(4), pages 1209-1227, 07.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2003. "Nonparametric Matching and Efficient Estimators of Homothetically Separable Functions," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 585, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Sep 2006.
- Enno Mammen & Oliver Linton, 2004.
"Estimating Semiparametric ARCH Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp511, Financial Markets Group.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen, 2003. "Estimating Semiparametric ARCH (8) Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2003/453, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Horowitz, Joel L. & Lee, Sokbae, 2005.
"Nonparametric Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression Model,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1238-1249, December.
- Joel Horowitz & Sokbae 'Simon' Lee, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of an additive quantile regression model," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/04, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sokbae Lee & Joel L. Horowitz, 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression Model," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 721, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.