A guided tour through quadratic hedging approaches
AbstractThis paper gives an overview of results and developments in the area of pricing and hedging contingent claims in an incomplete market by means of a quadratic criterion. We first present the approach of risk-minimization in the case where the underlying discounted price process X is a local martingale. We then discuss the extension to local risk-minimization when X is a semimartingale and explain the relations to the Föllmer-Schweizer decomposition and the minimal martingale measure. Finally we study mean-variance hedging, the variance-optimal martingale measure and the connections to closeness properties of spaces of stochastic integrals. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes in its series SFB 373 Discussion Papers with number 1999,96.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
risk-minimization; locally risk-minimizing; mean-variance hedging; minimal martingale measure; variance-optimal martingale measure; Föllmer-Schweizer decomposition; quadratic hedging criteria; incomplete markets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rheinländer, Thorsten & Schweizer, Martin, 1997. "On L2-projections on a space of stochastic integrals," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Huyěn Pham & Nizar Touzi, 1996. "Equilibrium State Prices In A Stochastic Volatility Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 215-236.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- repec:wop:humbsf:1998-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 2001. "A Comparison of Two Quadratic Approaches to Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 385-413.
- repec:fth:inseep:9830 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lamberton, Damien & Pham, Huyên & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Local risk-minimization under transaction costs," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,18, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Moller, Thomas, 2001. "On transformations of actuarial valuation principles," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 281-303, June.
- Moreau, Ludovic, 2012. "A contribution in stochastic control applied to finance and insurance," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/10711 edited by Bouchard, Bruno.
- Francesca Biagini & Paolo Guasoni & Maurizio Pratelli, 2000. "Mean-Variance Hedging for Stochastic Volatility Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 109-123.
- Wang, Qizhi & Chidmi, Benaissa, 2009. "Cotton Price Risk Management across Different Countries," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia, Southern Agricultural Economics Association 46762, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.