Optional decompositions under constraints
AbstractMotivated by a hedging problem in mathematical finance, El Karoui and Quenez  and Kramkov  have developed optional versions of the Doob-Meyer decomposition which hold simultaneously for all equivalent martingale measures. We investigate the general structure of such optional decompositions, both in additive and in multiplicative form, and under constraints corresponding to di_erent classes of equivalent measures. As an application, we extend results of Karatzas and Cvitanic  on hedging problems with constrained portfolios. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes in its series SFB 373 Discussion Papers with number 1997,31.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H. Föllmer & Y.M. Kabanov, 1997.
"Optional decomposition and Lagrange multipliers,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 69-81.
- Kardaras, Constantinos & Platen, Eckhard, 2011.
"On the semimartingale property of discounted asset-price processes,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 121(11), pages 2678-2691, November.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008. "On the semimartingale property of discounted asset-price processes," Papers 0803.1890, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2009.
- Constantinos Kardaras, 2011. "On the closure in the Emery topology of semimartingale wealth-process sets," Papers 1108.0945, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2013.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Constantinos Kardaras, 2007. "The numéraire portfolio in semimartingale financial models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 447-493, October.
- Christoph Czichowsky & Johannes Muhle-Karbe & Walter Schachermayer, 2012. "Transaction Costs and Shadow Prices in Discrete Time," Papers 1205.4643, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Long Nguyen-Thanh, 2002. "Consumption and Investment Optimization under Constraints," Finance 0211004, EconWPA, revised 19 Nov 2002.
- Touzi, Nizar, 2000. "Direct characterization of the value of super-replication under stochastic volatility and portfolio constraints," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 305-328, August.
- Westray, Nicholas & Zheng, Harry, 2009. "Constrained nonsmooth utility maximization without quadratic inf convolution," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(5), pages 1561-1579, May.
- Wiebke Wittmüß, 2006. "Robust Optimization of Consumption with Random Endowment," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-063, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008. "On Financial Markets where only Buy-And-Hold Trading is Possible," Research Paper Series 213, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jörg Osterrieder & Thorsten Rheinländer, 2006. "Arbitrage Opportunities in Diverse Markets via a Non-equivalent Measure Change," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 287-301, July.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 1999.
"Optimal Consumption Choice under Uncertainty with Intertemporal Substitution,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Bank, Peter & Riedel, Frank, 1999. "Optimal consumption choice under uncertainty with intertemporal substitution," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,71, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Long Nguyen-Thanh, 2003. "Investment Optimization under Constraints," Finance 0301005, EconWPA, revised 10 Jan 2003.
- Bion-Nadal, Jocelyne, 2009. "Bid-ask dynamic pricing in financial markets with transaction costs and liquidity risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(11), pages 738-750, December.
- Mnif, Mohammed & Pham, Huyên, 2001. "Stochastic optimization under constraints," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 149-180, May.
- Kardaras, Constantinos, 2013. "On the closure in the Emery topology of semimartingale wealth-process sets," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.