Learning by doing in market reform: Lessons from a regional bond fund
AbstractLocal currency bond markets in East Asia and the Pacific have grown impressively since the 1997 Asian crisis, but policy authorities in the region realize they still have some work to do to allow the markets to realise their true potential. Hence, there have been a variety of regional initiatives to develop these markets. One of these initiatives is the Asian Bond Fund II, which was established by 11 central banks in East Asia and the Pacific in 2005. In creating a regional index bond fund and eight single-market funds, the central banks worked together to identify and come up with ways to reduce market impediments in eight local currency bond markets. Moreover, they built into the regional fund's structure an incentive mechanism for reducing impediments further. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI) in its series HWWI Research Papers with number 2-6.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffery D Amato & Jacob Gyntelberg, 2005. "CDS index tranches and the pricing of credit risk correlations," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Guorong Jiang & Robert McCauley, 2004. "Asian local currency bond markets," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Plummer, Michael G. & Click, Reid W., 2006.
"The ASEAN Economic Community and the European experience,"
HWWI Research Papers
2-4, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Plummer, Michael G., 2006. "The ASEAN Economic Community and the European Experience," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 1, Asian Development Bank.
- Sebastian Dullien & Barbara Fritz & Laurissa MÃ¼hlich, 2013. "Regional Monetary Cooperation: Lessons from the Euro Crisis for Developing Areas?," World Economic Review, World Economics Association, vol. 2013(2), pages 1, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.