On the micro-foundations of money : the Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op
AbstractThis paper contributes to the micro-foundation of money in centralized markets with idiosyncratic uncertainty. It shows existence of stationary monetary equilibria and ensures that there is an optimum quantity of money. The rational solution of our model is compared with actual behavior in a laboratory experiment. The experiment gives support to the theoretical approach. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA) in its series HWWA Discussion Papers with number 255.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, D-20347 Hamburg
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/handle/10419/20
More information through EDIRC
micro foundations of money; optimal; quantity of money;
Other versions of this item:
- Thorsten Hens & Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppé & Bodo Vogt, . "On the Micro-foundations of Money: The Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op," IEW - Working Papers 108, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Thorsten Hens & Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppé & Bodo Vogt, 2003. "On the Micro-foundations of Money: The Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op," Discussion Papers 03-35, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.