Fundamentals of Functional Business Valuation
AbstractAfter a brief overview of different company valuation theories, this paper presents the main functions (decision, arbitration, and argument or negotiation function) of company valuation according to the functional (i.e., purpose-oriented) theory. The main body of the paper focuses on the decision function and shows how the decision value can be derived as a subjective limit value that different economic agents assign to the company. Finally, the differences between the functional and the market value oriented theory of company valuation are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics in its series Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere with number 03/2008.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Friedrich-Loeffler-Str. 70 - 17489 Greifswald
Phone: (03834) - 86-2452
Fax: (03834) 86-2451
Web page: http://www.rsf.uni-greifswald.de/meta/english.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Matschke Manfred Jürgen & Brösel Gerrit & Matschke Xenia, 2010. "Fundamentals of Functional Business Valuation," Journal of Business Valuation and Economic Loss Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-41, November.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jevons, William Stanley, 1866. "Brief Account of a General Mathematical Theory of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 29, pages 282-287.
- J. Hirshleifer, 1958. "On the Theory of Optimal Investment Decision," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 329.
- Jevons, William Stanley, 1871. "The Theory of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number jevons1871.
- Matschke, Xenia, 2008. "Funktionale Unternehmensbewertung im Lichte der Vertragstheorie," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 04/2008, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.