Culture affects consumer behavior: Theoretical reflections and an illustrative example with Germany and Iran
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics in its series Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere with number 02/2011.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Friedrich-Loeffler-Str. 70 - 17489 Greifswald
Phone: (03834) - 86-2452
Fax: (03834) 86-2451
Web page: http://www.rsf.uni-greifswald.de/meta/english.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-09-05 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MKT-2011-09-05 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-16, December.
- Doran, KathleenBrewer, 2002. "Lessons learned in cross-cultural research of Chinese and North American consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 55(10), pages 823-829, October.
- Bearden, William O & Etzel, Michael J, 1982. " Reference Group Influence on Product and Brand Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 183-94, September.
- Anderson, Ronald & Engledow, Jack, 1977. " A Factor Analytic Comparison of U.S. and German Information Seekers," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 185-96, March.
- Lynn, Michael & Zinkhan, George M & Harris, Judy, 1993. " Consumer Tipping: A Cross-Country Study," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(3), pages 478-88, December.
- Schmitt, Bernd H & Pan, Yigang & Tavassoli, Nader T, 1994. " Language and Consumer Memory: The Impact of Linguistic Differences between Chinese and English," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 419-31, December.
- Niraj Dawar & Phillip M Parker & Lydia J Price, 1996. "A Cross-Cultural Study of Interpersonal Information Exchange," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(3), pages 497-516, September.
- Moshe Givon, 1984. "Variety Seeking Through Brand Switching," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.