Frictions in the interbank market and uncertain liquidity needs: Implications for monetary policy implementation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE) in its series DICE Discussion Papers with number 134.
Date of creation: 2014
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-03-22 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-03-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2014-03-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-03-22 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamilton, James D, 1996. "The Daily Market for Federal Funds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 26-56, February.
- Xavier Freixas & José Jorge, 2008.
"The Role of Interbank Markets in Monetary Policy: A Model with Rationing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(6), pages 1151-1176, 09.
- Xavier Freixas & José Jorge, 2007. "The role of interbank markets in monetary policy: A model with rationing," Economics Working Papers 1027, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2008.
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & Jose-Luis Peydro & Jesus Saurina, 2012. "Credit Supply and Monetary Policy: Identifying the Bank Balance-Sheet Channel with Loan Applications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2301-26, August.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monnet, 2008.
"Monetary policy in a channel system,"
08-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monnet, 2007. "Monetary Policy in a Channel System," CESifo Working Paper Series 1929, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monet, 2006. "Monetary Policy in a Channel System," IEW - Working Papers 295, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Emil Stavrev & Thomas Harjes & Martin CihÃ¡k, 2009. "Euro Area Monetary Policy in Uncharted Waters," IMF Working Papers 09/185, International Monetary Fund.
- Eisenschmidt, Jens & Hirsch, Astrid & Linzert, Tobias, 2009. "Bidding behaviour in the ECB’s main refinancing operations during the financial crisis," Working Paper Series 1052, European Central Bank.
- Bräuning, Falk & Fecht, Falko, 2012. "Relationship lending in the interbank market and the price of liquidity," Discussion Papers 22/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Ormiston, Michael B, 1992. "First and Second Degree Transformations and Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 33-44, February.
- Nautz, Dieter, 1998. "Banks' demand for reserves when future monetary policy is uncertain," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 161-183, June.
- Wolfstetter,Elmar, 2000. "Topics in Microeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521645348, April.
- Whitesell, William, 2006. "Interest rate corridors and reserves," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 1177-1195, September.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Thomas M. Eisenbach & Yuliy Sannikov, 2012.
"Macroeconomics with Financial Frictions: A Survey,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
786969000000000384, David K. Levine.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Darrell Duffie, 2007. "Systemic Illiquidity in the Federal Funds Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 221-225, May.
- Furfine, Craig H., 2000. "Interbank payments and the daily federal funds rate," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 535-553, October.
- Ulrich Bindseil, 2005. "Over- and Underbidding in Central Bank Open Market Operations Conducted as Fixed Rate Tender," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(1), pages 95-130, 02.
- Claudio Borio & Piti Disyatat, 2010.
"Unconventional Monetary Policies: An Appraisal,"
University of Manchester, vol. 78(s1), pages 53-89, 09.
- Juan Ayuso & Rafael Repullo, 2001.
"Why Did the Banks Overbid? An Empirical Model of the Fixed Rate Tenders of the European Central Bank,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0105, Banco de Espa�a.
- Ayuso, Juan & Repullo, Rafael, 2001. "Why did the banks overbid? An empirical model of the fixed rate tenders of the European Central Bank," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 857-870, November.
- Ayuso, J. & Repullo, R., 2001. "Why Did the Banks Overbid? An Empirical Model of the Fixed Rate Tenders of the European Cental Bank," Papers 0104, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Gale, Douglas, 2009.
"Interbank market liquidity and central bank intervention,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 639-652, July.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Douglas Gale, 2009. "Interbank Market Liquidity and Central Bank Intervention," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/09, European University Institute.
- Juan Ayuso & Rafael Repullo, 2001. "Why Did the Banks Overbid? An Empirical Model of the Fixed Rate Tenders of the European Central Bank," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0105, Banco de Espa�a.
- Ulrike Neyer, 2009. "Interest on Reserves and the Flexibility of Monetary Policy in the Euro Area," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(2), pages 417-438, 06.
- Clouse, James A. & Dow Jr., James P., 1999. "Fixed costs and the behavior of the federal funds rate," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1015-1029, July.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
NBER Working Papers
5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Nautz, Dieter & Oechssler, Jörg, 1999.
"The repo auctions of the European Central Bank and the vanishing quota puzzle,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1999,79, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Dieter Nautz & Jörg Oechssler, 2003. "The Repo Auctions of the European Central Bank and the Vanishing Quota Puzzle," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(2), pages 207-220, 06.
- Dieter Nautz & Jörg Oechssler, 2001. "The Repo Auctions of the European Central Bank and the Vanishing Quota Puzzle," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse9_2001, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Ewerhart, Christian, 2002. "A model of the Eurosystem's operational framework for monetary policy implementation," Working Paper Series 0197, European Central Bank.
- Ignazio Angeloni & Anil K. Kashyap & Benoit Mojon & Daniele Terlizzese, 2003. "Monetary Transmission in the Euro Area: Does the Interest Rate Channel Explain it All?," NBER Working Papers 9984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.