A new paradigm for monetary policy?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Financial Studies (CFS) in its series CFS Working Paper Series with number 2013/02.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: House of Finance, Grüneburgplatz 1, HPF H5, D-60323 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 (0)69 798-30050
Fax: +49 (0)69 798-30077
Web page: http://www.ifk-cfs.de/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-06-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2013-06-04 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-06-04 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Issing, Otmar, 1997. "Monetary targeting in Germany: The stability of monetary policy and of the monetary system," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 67-79, June.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Wieland, Volker, 2012.
"Complexity and monetary policy,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2012/11, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Christopher Martin & Costas Milas, 2012.
"Quantitative easing: a sceptical survey,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(4), pages 750-764, WINTER.
- Christopher Martin & Costas Milas, 2012. "Quantitative Easing: A Sceptical Survey," Working Paper Series 73_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Martin, C. & Milas, C., 2012. "Quantitative Easing : a Sceptical Survey," Department of Economics Working Papers 32987, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Michael Woodford, 2012. "Methods of policy accommodation at the interest-rate lower bound," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 185-288.
- John B. Taylor, 1999. "Monetary Policy Rules," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number tayl99-1.
- George A. Kahn, 1988. "Nominal GNP: an anchor for monetary policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Nov, pages 18-35.
- John B. Taylor, 1998.
"An Historical Analysis of Monetary Policy Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
6768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-62, May.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2012.
"The Elusive Promise of Independent Central Banking,"
IMES Discussion Paper Series
12-E-09, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2012. "The Elusive Promise of Independent Central Banking," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 30, pages 39-54, November.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-89, November.
- John B. Taylor, 1999. "Introduction to "Monetary Policy Rules"," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 1-14 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Knüppel, Malte & Schultefrankenfeld, Guido, 2013.
"The Empirical (Ir)Relevance of the Interest Rate Assumption for Central Bank Forecasts,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
80042, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Knüppel, Malte & Schultefrankenfeld, Guido, 2013. "The empirical (ir)relevance of the interest rate assumption for central bank forecasts," Discussion Papers 11/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Claudio Borio, 2012. "The financial cycle and macroeconomics: What have we learnt?," BIS Working Papers 395, Bank for International Settlements.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Yuliy Sannikov, 2012. "Redistributive monetary policy," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 331-384.
- Otmar Issing, 2012. "The Mayekawa Lecture: Central Banks-Paradise Lost," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 30, pages 55-74, November.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1988. "The Role of Demand Management in the Maintenance of Full Employment," NBER Working Papers 2520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Issing, Otmar, 2013. "Challenges for monetary policy," SAFE White Paper Series 7, Center of Excellence SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Timo Wollmershäuser, 2013. "Die Geldpolitik der EZB in der Klemme – kann mehr »Forward Guidance« helfen?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 66(22), pages 35-45, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.