Tourism, welfare and real estate market in small open economy: the case of Croatia
AbstractThe paper investigates effects of the tourism boom on the real estate market in Croatia. According to the general equilibrium models of the tourism intensive small open economy, the most important benefit of the tourism is reflected in the fixed-factors rents, namely real estate market rents. This paper investigates results of the small open tourism intensive economy theoretical model in the case of the transition and EU accession of the Croatian economy. Analysis is focused on the real exchange rate changes in the tourism sector as the main source of welfare improvements and its effects on the fixed-factor prices in Croatia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb in its series EFZG Working Papers Series with number 0707.
Date of creation: 29 May 2007
Date of revision:
tourism; real estate; development; EU enlargement; Croatia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2007-06-11 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2007-06-11 (Tourism Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WPS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.