European Equity Markets and EMU: Are the Differences Between Countries Slowly Disappearing?
AbstractDuring the 1980s country effects have been larger than industry effects in the equity markets of Western Europe. This has continued to be the case for the EMU countries in the 1993-1998 period, despite the convergence of interest rates and the harmonization of fiscal and monet
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale School of Management in its series Yale School of Management Working Papers with number ysm103.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1998
Date of revision: 01 Aug 2000
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beckers, Stan & Grinold, Richard & Rudd, Andrew & Stefek, Dan, 1992. "The relative importance of common factors across the European equity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 75-95, February.
- Cooper, Ian & Kaplanis, Evi, 1994. "Home Bias in Equity Portfolios, Inflation Hedging, and International Capital Market Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 45-60.
- Dusan Isakov & Frédéric Sonney, 2004.
"Are Practitioners Right? On the Relative Importance of Industrial Factors in International Stock Returns,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(III), pages 355-379, September.
- Dušan Isakov & Frédéric Sonney, 2003. "Are practitioners right? On the relative importance of industrial factors in international stock returns," FAME Research Paper Series rp72, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Nijman, T.E. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2004.
"Do countries or industries explain momentum in Europe?,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-140720, Tilburg University.
- Nijman, Theo & Swinkels, Laurens & Verbeek, Marno, 2004. "Do countries or industries explain momentum in Europe?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 461-481, September.
- Nijman, T.E. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2002. "Do Countries or Industries Explain Momentum in Europe?," Discussion Paper 2002-9, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nijman, T.E. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2002. "Do Countries or Industries Explain Momentum in Europe?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-91-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Kaltenhaeuser, Bernd, 2003. "Country and sector-specific spillover effects in the euro area, the United States and Japan," Working Paper Series 0286, European Central Bank.
- Catão, Luis A. V. & Timmermann, Allan G, 2004.
"Country and Industry Dynamics in Stock Returns,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4368, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arturo Bris & Yrjö Koskinen & Mattias Nilsson, 2009.
"The Euro and Corporate Valuations,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(8), pages 3171-3209, August.
- Portes, Richard, 1999. "Global Financial Markets and Financial Stability: Europe's Role," CEPR Discussion Papers 2298, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Julia Koralun-Bereźnicka, 2011. "Country and industry factors as determinants of corporate financial liquidity in the European Union countries," Bank i Kredyt, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 42(1), pages 19-48.
- Onay, Ceylan, 2006. "A Co-integration Analysis Approach to European Union Integration: The Case of Acceding and Candidate Countries," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 10, 09.
- Robin Brooks & Marco Del Negro, 2002. "International diversification strategies," Working Paper 2002-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.