European Equity Markets and EMU: Are the Differences Between Countries Slowly Disappearing?
AbstractDuring the 1980s country effects have been larger than industry effects in the equity markets of Western Europe. This has continued to be the case for the EMU countries in the 1993-1998 period, despite the convergence of interest rates and the harmonization of fiscal and monet
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale School of Management in its series Yale School of Management Working Papers with number ysm103.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1998
Date of revision: 01 Aug 2000
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nijman, T.E. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2002.
"Do Countries or Industries Explain Momentum in Europe?,"
2002-9, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nijman, Theo & Swinkels, Laurens & Verbeek, Marno, 2004. "Do countries or industries explain momentum in Europe?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 461-481, September.
- Nijman, T.E. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2004. "Do countries or industries explain momentum in Europe?," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-140720, Tilburg University.
- Nijman, T.E. & Swinkels, L.A.P. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2002. "Do Countries or Industries Explain Momentum in Europe?," Research Paper ERS-2002-91-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Luis CatÃ£o & Allan Timmermann, 2003.
"Country and Industry Dynamics in Stock Returns,"
IMF Working Papers
03/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Dusan Isakov & Frédéric Sonney, 2004.
"Are Practitioners Right? On the Relative Importance of Industrial Factors in International Stock Returns,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(III), pages 355-379, September.
- Dušan Isakov & Frédéric Sonney, 2003. "Are practitioners right? On the relative importance of industrial factors in international stock returns," FAME Research Paper Series rp72, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Portes, Richard, 1999. "Global Financial Markets and Financial Stability: Europe's Role," CEPR Discussion Papers 2298, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robin Brooks & Marco Del Negro, 2002. "International diversification strategies," Working Paper 2002-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Bris, Arturo & Koskinen, Yrjö & Nilsson, Mattias, 2003.
"The Euro and Corporate Valuations,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
525, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2003.
- Onay, Ceylan, 2006. "A Co-integration Analysis Approach to European Union Integration: The Case of Acceding and Candidate Countries," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 10, 09.
- Kaltenhaeuser, Bernd, 2003. "Country and sector-specific spillover effects in the euro area, the United States and Japan," Working Paper Series 0286, European Central Bank.
- Julia Koralun-Bereźnicka, 2011. "Country and industry factors as determinants of corporate financial liquidity in the European Union countries," Bank i Kredyt, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 42(1), pages 19-48.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.