On the Implications of Different Cash-in-Advance Constraints With Endogenous Labour
AbstractIt is shown that, in contrast to models with fixed labour, a change in monetary policy involving an increase in the inflation rate would have the same qualitative effects on steady state capital, consumption, and employment, regardless of whether only consumption or both consumption and investment are subject to Cash-in-Advance (CIA) constraints. The dynamics of the two models regarding employment and capital are also very similar qualitatively. Only the dynamics of consumption are sligtly different. Some numerical analysis is also carried out to gauge the quantitative difference between the two models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by York University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2002_03.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2002
Date of revision:
Monetary Policy; Cash-in-advance; Employment; Capital Accumulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abel, Andrew B., 1985.
"Dynamic behavior of capital accumulation in a cash-in-advance model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1986. "Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model," NBER Working Papers 1549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000.
"Inflation Targeting in Emerging-Market Countries,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 105-109, May.
- Arman Mansoorian & Mohammed Mohsin, 2002.
"Monetary Policy in a Cash-in-Advance Economy Employment, Capital Accumulation and the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
2002_02, York University, Department of Economics.
- Arman Mansoorian & Mohammed Mohsin, 2004. "Monetary policy in a cash-in-advance economy: employment, capital accumulation, and the term structure of interest rates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 336-352, May.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.