Construction of a Transaction Based Real Estate Index for the Paris Housing Market
AbstractIn this paper, we calculate a transaction based price index for apartments in Paris (France). The heterogeneous character of real estate is taken into account by using an econometric model. The functional form is specified by using a general Box/Cox-function. The data base covers about 65% of the housing market in 1990-1999. Correction for incomplete data leads to a sample of 84 686 transactions. This sample is by far the largest ever used in comparable studies, and is therefore internationally an unique data coverage for housing markets.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim in its series Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications with number 01-17.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 16 Mar 2001
Date of revision:
Note: This paper has been developed at The Research Program for Real Estate Finance, a conjoint research program at the universities of Frankfurt/Main and Mannheim (Germany). Financial support by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, SFB 504, at the University of Mannheim, iii Internationales Immobilien Institut, IVG Holding AG and Stiftung Rheinische Hypothekenbank is gratefully acknowledged. For further information see www.real-estate-finance.de. We thank Yan Wang, University of Mannheim for helpful research assistance. The authors alone are responsible for all statements and conclusions.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: D-68131 Mannheim
Phone: (49) (0) 621-292-2547
Fax: (49) (0) 621-292-5594
Web page: http://www.sfb504.uni-mannheim.de/
More information through EDIRC
Web page: http://www.sfb504.uni-mannheim.de
Other versions of this item:
- Raimond Maurer & Martin Pitzer & Steffen Sebastian, 2004. "Construction of a Transaction-Based Real Estate Index for the Paris Housing Market," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 68, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baroni, Michel & Barthélémy, Fabrice & Mokrane, Mahdi, 2004.
"Physical Real Estate: A Paris Repeat Sales Residential Index,"
ESSEC Working Papers
DR 04007, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- M. Baroni & F. Barthélémy & M. Mokrane, 2004. "Physical Real Estate: A Paris Repeat Sales Residential Index," THEMA Working Papers 2004-17, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Michel Baroni & Fabrice Barthélémy & Mokrane Mahdi, 2009.
"A Repeat Sales Index Robust to Small Datasets,"
- Baroni, Michel & Barthélémy, Fabrice & Mokrane, Mahdi, 2009. "A repeat sales index Robust to small datasets," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09003, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Baroni Michel & Barthélémy Fabrice & Mokrane Madhi, 2009. "A repeat sales index robust to small datasets," THEMA Working Papers 2009-16, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Abderazak Bakhouche & Ludovic P.J. Thebault, 2011. "What Determines Cézanne’S Art Pricing? A Hedonic Regression Method," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 58, pages 515-532, november.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carsten Schmidt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.