Linear Riccati Dynamics, Constant Feedback, and Controllability in Linear Quadratic Control Problems
AbstractConditions are derived for linear-quadratic control (LQC) problems to exhibit linear evolution of the Riccati matrix and constancy of the control feedback matrix. One of these conditions involves a matrix upon whose rank a necessary condition and a sufficient condition for controllability are based. Linearity of Riccati evolution allows for rapid iterative calculation, and constancy of the control feedback matrix allows for time-invariant comparative static analysis of policy reactions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, West Virginia University in its series Working Papers with number 05-10 Classification- JEL: C61.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 6025, Morgantown, WV 26506-6025
Phone: (304) 293-7859
Fax: (304) 293-2233
Web page: http://www.be.wvu.edu/phd_economics/
More information through EDIRC
Controllability; Riccati Equation; Linear Quadratic Control.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klein, Paul, 2000. "Using the generalized Schur form to solve a multivariate linear rational expectations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1405-1423, September.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1, Spring.
- Binder, Michael & Pesaran, Hashem, 2000. "Solution of finite-horizon multivariate linear rational expectations models and sparse linear systems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 325-346, March.
- Anderson, Gary & Moore, George, 1985. "A linear algebraic procedure for solving linear perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-252.
- Ehlgen, Jurgen, 1999. "A Nonrecursive Solution Method for the Linear-Quadratic Optimal Control Problem with a Singular Transition Matrix," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 17-23, February.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Josh Hall).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.