Analytical and numerical approach to corporate operational risk modelling
AbstractAlthough The New Basel Accord gives the methodology for managing operational risk in financial institutions, corporate risk seems not to be recognized enough. In this Ph.D. thesis we make an attempt to put some insight into operational risk measurement in a non-financial corporation. The objective is to apply suitable results from insurance ruin theory to build a framework for measuring corporate operational risk and finding required capital charge.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology in its series HSC Research Reports with number HSC/06/03.
Length: 68 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Corporate risk management; Operational risk; Actuarial risk theory; Ruin probability; Operational reserves;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Marek Teuerle, 2010. "Ruin Probability in Finite Time," HSC Research Reports HSC/10/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
- Furrer, Hansjorg & Michna, Zbigniew & Weron, Aleksander, 1997. "Stable Lévy motion approximation in collective risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 97-114, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafal Weron).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.