Pricing in Australian Manufacturing
AbstractThe rate of change of prices of competing foreign products and the rate of change of costs of domestic production are both found to have positive impact on the rate of domestic price inflation in a cross section of Australian manufacturing industries over the period from 1968-69 to 1986-87. Prices of competing foreign products are found to have more impact, while production costs are found to have less impact, the higher is the level of domestic concentration, supporting the hypothesis that foreign and domestic competition have interactive effects on domestic prices. Copyright 1992 by The Economic Society of Australia.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Lancaster in its series Working Papers with number ec6/92.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics The Management School Lancaster University Lancaster LA1 4YX UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1524 594228
Fax: +44 (0) 1524 594244
Web page: http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/econ/wkpap.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baldwin, John R. & Yan, Beiling, 2008. "Domestic and foreign influences on Canadian prices," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 546-557, October.
- Kaludura Abayasiri-Silva & Mark Horridge, 1998. "The Effects of Current Fiscal Restraint on the Australian Economy: an Applied General Equilibrium Analysis with Imperfect Competition," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers op-91, Monash University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- John R. Baldwin & Beiling Yan, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Cycles and Canada/US Manufacturing Prices,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 143(3), pages 508-533, October.
- Baldwin, John R. Yan, Beiling, 2006. "Exchange Rate Cycles and Canada- U.S. Manufacturing Prices," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2006041e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Baldwin, John R. Yan, Beiling, 2006. "Influences interieures et etrangeres sur les prix canadiens selon les mouvements cycliques du taux de change, 1974 a 1996," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2006043f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Harry Bloch & Michael Olive, 2001. "Pricing over the Cycle," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 99-108, August.
- Harry Bloch & Michael Olive, 2003. "Influences on Pricing and Markup in Segmented Manufacturing Markets," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 87-107, March.
- Harry Bloch & James McDonald, 2001.
"Import Competition and Labor Productivity,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 301-319, September.
- Olive, Michael, 2004. "Pricing behaviour in Japanese manufacturing: a comparative study," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 417-429, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.