Models for X-11 and 'X-11-Forecast' Procedures for Preliminary and Revised Seasonal Adjustments
AbstractProcedures for the season adjustment of economic time series have typically been evaluated by studying their effects on a sample of actual time series. Recent proposals for amendments and extensions to existing methods have also been evaluated in the same way. Perhaps this approach is thought to be inevitable given that "there seems to be no ideal process of evaluating a method of adjustment" (Granger, 1978, p.55). In contrast however, this paper continues a line of research in which the properties of the procedures themselves are studied, in the abstract. It is hoped that this will improve our general understanding of the performance of the existing methods and their extensions, and help explain the results of the previous empirical studies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Warwick, Department of Economics in its series The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) with number 198.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 1981
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandra Luati & Tommaso Proietti, 2011.
"On the equivalence of the weighted least squares and the generalised least squares estimators, with applications to kernel smoothing,"
Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics,
Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 851-871, August.
- Luati, Alessandra & Proietti, Tommaso, 2008. "On the Equivalence of the Weighted Least Squares and the Generalised Least Squares Estimators, with Applications to Kernel Smoothing," MPRA Paper 8910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bianconcini, Silvia & Quenneville, Benoit, 2010. "Real Time Analysis Based on Reproducing Kernel Henderson Filters/Análisis en tiempo real basado en la reproducción de los filtros de núcleo de Henderson," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 553-574, Diciembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Neal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.