Computation of the compensating variation within a random utility model using GAUSS software
AbstractIn this paper we describe a software instrument, implemented with GAUSS, to evaluate a tax reform in terms of change in household welfare, and in particular in term of Compensating Variation (CV), within a random utility model. The program flow and the program list with comments are supplied.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY in its series CHILD Working Papers with number wp02_06.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Compensating variation; computing welfare change; GAUSS application; tax system evaluation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2006-04-01 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2006-04-01 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-UPT-2006-04-01 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Landorno).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.