Land-Use Transport Interaction: State of the Art
AbstractThis paper investigates innovative approaches to the integration of land-use and transport planning in urban regions. Engineering, economic and social-science based theories and empirical studies are analyzed regarding their ability to explain the interaction between land use and transport - that land use determines traffic flows and that transport infrastructure changes land-use patterns. In addition, this paper provides an overview of the state of the art of computer models for the simulation of land use and transport. Based on these theories and models the effectiveness of policies to influence land use and transport in urban regions is assessed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 0409005.
Length: 120 pages
Date of creation: 07 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 120
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
Urban location theory; transportation research; land use- transport interaction; urban simulation modeling; location choice;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michiel De Bok & Michiel Bliemer, 2005. "Using firm demographic microsimulation to evaluate land use and transport scenario evaluation - model calibration," ERSA conference papers ersa05p664, European Regional Science Association.
- Veronique Van Acker & Frank Witlox, 2005. "Exploring the relationship between land-use system and travel behaviour - some first findings," ERSA conference papers ersa05p601, European Regional Science Association.
- Blijie, Hubertus Phillippus & de Bok, Michiel Adriaan, 2002. "Interaction of transport and land use: framework for an integrated urban model," ERSA conference papers ersa02p285, European Regional Science Association.
- Jasper Willigers, 2003. "High-speed railway developments and corporate location decisions. The role of accessibility," ERSA conference papers ersa03p61, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.