Potential Effects of Selected Taxation Provisions on the Environment
AbstractTo help explain some of the issues and examine the potential environmental impacts (positive and/or negative) of selected tax arrangements, the Productivity Commission sought advice from Robert Douglas, a specialist in the field. This consultant’s report makes a contribution to understanding how the various taxes work, including provisions focused on primary production and Landcare. It notes that taxation may not be as efficient, or as cost-effective, as other approaches to encouraging environmental management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 0304001.
Date of creation: 29 Apr 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PDF; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Agriculture; Biodiversity; Capital gains tax; Environment; Goods and services tax; GST; Income tax; Land; Landcare; Land degradation; Primary industry; Primary production; Tax; Taxation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-05-08 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anonymous, 2001. "Constraints on Private Conservation of Biodiversity," Commission Research Papers 31904, Productivity Commission.
- Douglas, Robert A. & Peterson, Deborah C. & Kokic, Philip & Parameswaran, Bhamathy, 1995. "A Note on Accelerated Depreciation and Investment Allowances," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(01), April.
- Douglas, Robert A., 1995. "Improving the Efficiency of Taxation of Livestock in Australia," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(01), April.
- Productivity Commission, 2001. "Constraints on Private Conservation of Biodiversity," Others 0107002, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.