Optimization of Risk Measures
AbstractWe consider optimization problems involving coherent risk measures. We derive necessary and sufficient conditions of optimality for these problems, and we discuss the nature of the nonanticipativity constraints. Next, we introdice dynamic risk measures, and we formulate multistage optimization problems involving these measures. Conditions similar to dynamic programming equations are developed. The theoretical considerations are illustrated with many examples of mean-risk models applied in practice.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Risk and Insurance with number 0407002.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 24 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 40
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
risk measures; mean-risk models; duality; optimization; dynamic programming;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Alexander Shapiro, 2004. "Conditional Risk Mappings," Risk and Insurance 0404002, EconWPA, revised 08 Oct 2005.
- W. Ogryczak & A. Ruszczynski, 1997.
"From Stochastic Dominance to Mean-Risk Models: Semideviations as Risk Measures,"
ir97027, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 1999. "From stochastic dominance to mean-risk models: Semideviations as risk measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 33-50, July.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001.
"On the coherence of Expected Shortfall,"
cond-mat/0104295, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- Riedel, Frank, 2004.
"Dynamic coherent risk measures,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 185-200, August.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Alexander Shapiro, 2004. "Optimization of Convex Risk Functions," Risk and Insurance 0404001, EconWPA, revised 08 Oct 2005.
- Balbás, Alejandro & Balbás, Raquel & Mayoral, Silvia, 2009.
"Portfolio choice and optimal hedging with general risk functions: A simplex-like algorithm,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 603-620, January.
- Balbás, Alejandro & Balbás, Raquel & Mayoral, Silvia, 2009. "Portfolio choice and optimal hedging with general risk functions: a simplex-like algorithm," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/13054, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Borgonovo, E. & Peccati, L., 2011. "Finite change comparative statics for risk-coherent inventories," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 52-62, May.
- Giri, B.C., 2011. "Managing inventory with two suppliers under yield uncertainty and risk aversion," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 80-85, September.
- Alexandre Street, 2010. "On the Conditional Value-at-Risk probability-dependent utility function," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 49-68, February.
- Borgonovo, E. & Peccati, L., 2009. "Financial management in inventory problems: Risk averse vs risk neutral policies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 233-242, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.