Efficiency in Economies with Jurisdictions and Public Projects
AbstractTraditionally in the literature on local public goods it is assumed that each local public good is a selection from a convex space. In this paper existence is shown for a class of finite models where local public goods are selections from abstract, possibly non-convex, commodity spaces. These equilibria are shown to contain the core.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 9406004.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 18 Jun 1994
Date of revision:
Note: 21 pages, TeX file, macros included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- H - Public Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Wilkie, Simon, 1996.
"On the Set of Pareto Efficient Allocations in Economies with Public Goods,"
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 371-79, February.
- Simon Wilkie & Dimitrios Diamantaras, 1996. "On the set of Pareto efficient allocations in economies with public goods (*)," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 371-379.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1989. "A Tiebout theorem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 33-55, August.
- Barro, Robert J & Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Ski-Lift Pricing, with Applications to Labor and Other," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 875-90, December.
- Alexander Kovalenkov & Myrna Holtz Wooders, 2000.
"Approximate Cores of Games and Economies with Clubs,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1790, Econometric Society.
- Kovalenkov, Alexander & Wooders, Myrna, 2003. "Approximate cores of games and economies with clubs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 87-120, May.
- Kovalenkov, Alexander & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1999. "Approximate Cores Of Games And Economies With Clubs," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 535, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Alexander Kovalenkov & Myrna H. Wooders, 1998. "Approximate cores of games and economies with clubs," Working Papers mwooders-00-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Kovalenkov, Alexander & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 2002. "Approximate Cores Of Games And Economies With Clubs," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 634, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- John P. Conley & Myrna Holtz Wooders, 1998. "The Tiebout Hypothesis: On the Existence of Pareto Efficient Competitive Equilibrium," Working Papers mwooders-98-06, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.