Measures of Waste Due to Quotas
AbstractThis paper addresses the issue of measuring waste due to the imposition of a production quota. our objective is to elaborate two alternative general equilibrium concepts of the welfare loss due to the imposition of a production quota, and to illustrate their use by considering costs of the U.S. tobacco program.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 0502016.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: 28 Feb 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 6
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Welafare loss; general equilibrium; Debreu; Allais; Hicks; production quota; tobacco;
Other versions of this item:
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1994. "Measure of Waste Due to Quotas," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 94-gatt14, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard, 1994. "Measures of Waste Due to Quotas," Staff General Research Papers 739, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard, 1993. "Measures of Waste Due to Quotas," Staff General Research Papers 776, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1994. "Measure of Waste Due to Quotas," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 94-gatt14, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aldanondo, Ana Maria & Puertolas, Javier, 2002. "International Quota Transfer and Intermediate Goods," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24851, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.