Management & Development Of Happiness : A Priority In Socio-Economic Development
AbstractIf bigger objects go into a jar, then there will be space to fill it with smaller objects in sequence. If the order of the objects are reversed, then it ends in filling it at the starting point. Happiness in life is similar to this. Fill high priority needs in the life, and smaller needs can be subsequent, for progressive happiness. Money cannot bring happiness, and it can induct problems as well. GDP, a vague relation builder is used as an index to measure the progress and happiness. Governments and Private corporate sectors in developed nations have attempted to induct happiness to their employees, through earning improvement, lower working hours etc… But, these did not increase happiness. Priority needs change over a period of time, and people compare themselves with others. It is because, the Tangible wealth generation is dribbled by Intangible feelings, to disturb the Happiness. These are Aggregate and Complex. Intangible aspects are Psychological, Social, Local, International and Universal in nature. Author’s Research and Development approach for these vicious combination infers that, all nations, irrespective their level of development, should evaluate Productivity/Management Decisions with reference to Socio-Economic Development units, and Intangible components should have priority over Tangibles (Algebraic Model). Domestic investments should be from Domestic Savings. Domestic Technology should be manned by Domestic Manpower. These could lead people towards more satisfaction and happiness (Geometric Model)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 0501008.
Date of creation: 29 Jan 2005
Date of revision: 07 Feb 2005
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on win2000; to print on all;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Algebraic; Decision; Development; Dollar; Domestic; Economic Scenario; Euro; GDP; Geometric; Government; Happiness; Intangible; International; Investment; Local; Logical Info; Magical Demo; Management; Manpower; Mathematical Expo; Money; Private; Priority; Productivity; Psychological; Public; Savings; Social; Tangible; Technology; Universal;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.