Oil Policy In Nigeria: A Critical Assessment(1958-1992)
AbstractOIL AS AN ENERGY PROPELLER, IS THE LARGEST INTERNATIONALLY TRADED COMMODITY THAT SHOWS HIGHLY VISIBLE INTERPLAY OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS IN THE DETERMINATION OF ITS INVESTMENT, PRODUCTION, TRADE AND PRICING POLICIES. THIS UNIQUENESS, NO DOUBT DEMANDS A WELL ARTICULATED OIL POLICY FOR AN OIL PRODUCING NATION. THUS, THE THRUST OF THE PAPER WAS TO EVALUATE THE STATE OF THE NIGERIA'S OIL POLICY IN THE 1970S/80S. THIS PAPER THEREFORE ARGUES THAT IN THE OIL POLICY FORMULATION PROCESS, WE HAVE TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE VARIOUS STAKEHOLDERS WHOSE DECISIONS AND PARTICIPATION HAVE A GREAT IMPACT ON OIL INDUSTRY, AND WHO WANT TO SEE CLEAR TARGETS AND MINIMISE RISKS.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 0501001.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 20. THIS IS A PREVIOUS RESEARCH PAPER FOR PUBLIC ASSESS.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
NIGERIA; ECONOMY; OIL; POLICY; ENVIRONMENT; NNPC; POLLUTANTS; OPEC; WORLDBANK; ENERGY; PETROLEUM; GOVERNMENT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N70 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - General, International, or Comparative
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-01-09 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2005-01-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2005-01-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2005-01-09 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.