Mrs. Gandhi Gave New Economic Approaches
AbstractPlenty of food, Sufficient clothing, Proper monitoring of the Key Socio- Economic factors, with commitment to Domestic Productivity were the Essence of the Administrative strategy of Mrs. Indira Gandhi (Late Prime Minister of India). These approaches could be critically related to the remarkable Economic advancement of the Indian sub-continent, with Self- sufficiency in Agriculture, leaving a surplus for export and strides in Industry, Atomic Research, and Space Exploration in India. The author feels that these unique thoughts and approaches of the late Prime Minister could serve as an eye-opener to all the Third World Nations to Accelerate their pace of Social and Economic development. ================================================================ Between 1972 and 1981, the author was a Social worker in India, and a Honorary Consultant for the effective implementation and monitoring of the 20 Point Socio-Economic Development programs designed by Shrimathi Indira Gandhi, the late Prime Minister of India. Centre page article by DR.VSRS in the Barbados Advocate, the largest circulated Daily in Barbados, West Indies, and the English speaking Caribbean Countries. Page 4 - Tuesday - January 8, 1985. During 1982 - 1986, the author was a “Consultant Adviser - Computer Services”, to the Caribbean Development Bank, Barbados, West Indies ( World Bank / UNDP Setup ), under nomination from his assignment as the “Data Processing Expert” to the Commonwealth Fund for Technical Co- operation, London, UK.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 0403008.
Date of creation: 31 Mar 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PDF; prepared on WIN2000; to print on ALL;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
20 Point Program; Economic Development; Development Ratios; Government Strategy; Indira Gandhi; Key Ratios; Management Decision; Mass Development; Mrs.Gandhi; Political Economics; Productivity; Redefined Productivity; Social Development; Socio-Economic Development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General Welfare
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2004-04-04 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2004-04-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PBE-2004-04-04 (Public Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.