Evolution Of The Economic Results And The Structure Of Farms: An Analysis Through The Book-Keeping Data In Central And Northern Italy
AbstractThe latest orientations of the CAP have had remarkable and wide-spread effects on the whole agri-food sector. It has deeply influenced the entrepreneurs' choices, with reference both to the production techniques and to the business organization. The changes have had inevitable reflexes on the economic results of the firms, thus determining adaptations regarding both the structure and the amount of inputs. In this paper, an analysis of the book-keeping results of agricultural enterprises of Northern and Central Italy is carried out. We try to underline and analyze the evolution of the economic results and the main structural and organizational elements in the firms. The accountancy data of a group of firms located in the Veneto, Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany regions, referred to the period 1994-2000, are taken into consideration. These firms seems to adequately represent the main type of farming: field crops, fruit-growing, wine-growing, husbandry. The study is aimed at underlining the influence of the EU payments on the profitability and the changes in the value distribution between the various input suppliers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Others with number 0505002.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: 03 May 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 49
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Other versions of this item:
- Canavari, Maurizio & Ghelfi, Rino & Merlo, Maurizio & Rivaroli, Sergio & Sarti, Danio & Toffanin, Giovanna & Vanelli, Pietro, 2004. "Evolution Of The Economic Results And The Structure Of Farms: An Analysis Through The Book-Keeping Data In Central And Northern Italy," Working Papers 14378, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- P - Economic Systems
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Z - Other Special Topics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2005-05-07 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-AGR-2005-05-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-07 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.