Nigeria'S Response To The Dynamic Telecommunications
AbstractIT SEEMS APPROPRIATE TO ASK WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT INFORMATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BEFORE ONE SETS OUT TO ANSWER THE QUESTION OF HOW INVESTMENTS IN INFORMATION INFRASTRUCTURE SHOULD BE VALUED AND REGULATED.THIS PROJECT THEREFORE DISCUSSES THE THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL CONCEPTS UNDERLYING RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE REGULATION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS IN NIGERIA WITH RESPECT TO EFFICIENCY AND WELFARE. IT FOCUSES ON ANALYSING STANDARDIZATION PROBLEMS, PRICING RULES AND ENTRY CONDITION RELATED TO NETWORKS AND NETWORK EFFECTS AND DERIVES PRELIMINARY POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY. IN THIS WAY, THE PROJECT PLANS TO CONTRIBUTE TO A LEGITIMATE AND SUSTAINABLE POLICY ENVIRONMENT THAT MAXIMISES THE PUBLIC BENEFITS OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES THROUGH AN EMERGING NATIONAL INFORMATION INFRASTRUCTURE FRAMEWORK.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Others with number 0312005.
Date of creation: 30 Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on win98; to print on hp;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
TELECOMMUNICATIONS; NETWORKS; NETWORK EFFECT; EFFICIENCY; WELFARE; PRICING RULES; NIGERIA; DYNAMIC RESPONSES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2004-01-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GEO-2004-01-08 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MIC-2004-01-08 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2004-01-25 (Network Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.