Sequential Asymmetric Auctions With Endogenous Participation
AbstractWe study sequential auctions of stochastically identical objects and endogenous participation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Microeconomics with number 9402001.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 02 Feb 1994
Date of revision: 09 Jun 1994
Note: 17 pages,postscript file. This is a revised version of a paper with the same name.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Other versions of this item:
- Flavio Menezes & Paulo Monteiro, 1997. "Sequential asymmetric auctions with endogenous participation," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 187-202, September.
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992.
"Testing for Price Anomalies in real Estate Auctions,"
128, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Genesove, David, 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real-Estate Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 501-05, May.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Genesove, 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," NBER Working Papers 4036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," Working papers 92-2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Menezes, Flavio M., 1993. "Sequential auctions with delay costs : A two-period model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 173-178.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, R. & Menezes, F., 1993. "Sequential Auction with Continuation Costs," Papers 255, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Paulo Klinger Monteiro & Flavio Menezes, 1999.
"Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions,"
9901002, EconWPA, revised 03 Feb 1999.
- Menezes, F. & Monteiro, P.K., 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Papers 366, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Menezes, Flavio Marques & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 360, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Berg, Gerard J. van den & Ours, Jan C. van & Pradhan, Menno P., 1999.
"Declining prices in the sequential Dutch flower auction of roses,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0040, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Berg, G. van den & Ours, J.C. van & Pradhan, M.P., 1999. "Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses," Discussion Paper 1999-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours & Menno P. Pradhan, 1999. "Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-074/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Stéphanie Vincent & Olivier Chanel, 1998. "La décroissance des prix au cours d'enchères séquentielles : sources et mesures," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 132(1), pages 139-157.
- Tu, Zhiyong, 2010. "A Resale Explanation for the Declining Price Anomaly in Sequential Auctions," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 6(1-2).
- Menezes, F.M. & Monteiro, P.K., 1996.
"Simultaneous Ooled Auctions,"
302, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Zulehner, Christine, 2009.
"Bidding behavior in sequential cattle auctions,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Ginsburgh, V. & Ours, J.C. van, 2003. "How to Organize Sequential Auctions: Results of a Natural Experiment by Christie's," Discussion Paper 2003-25, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours & Menno P. Pradhan, 2001. "The Declining Price Anomaly in Dutch Dutch Rose Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1055-1062, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.