Constructive Utility Functions on Banach spaces
AbstractIn this paper we prove the existence of continuous order-preserving functions on subsets of ordered Banach spaces using a constructive approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Microeconomics with number 0502003.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 14 Feb 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 10
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Utility function Banach space;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mehta, Ghanshyam B. & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1996. "Infinite-dimensional utility representation theorems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 169-173, November.
- Mehta, Ghanshyam, 1985. "Continuous utility functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 113-115.
- Herden, Gerhard & Mehta, Ghanshyam B, 1996. "Open Gaps, Metrization and Utility," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 541-46, April.
- Beardon, Alan F & Mehta, Ghanshyam B, 1994. "The Utility Theorems of Wold, Debreu, and Arrow-Hahn," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 181-86, January.
- Donald J. Brown & Lucinda M. Lewis, 1978.
"Myopic Economic Agents,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
481, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Candeal-Haro, Juan Carlos & Indurain-Eraso, Esteban, 1993. "Utility representations from the concept of measure," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-62, July.
- Alcantud, J. C. R. & Manrique, A., 2001. "Continuous representation by a money-metric function," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 365-373, May.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "The non-existence of a utility function and the structure of non-representable preference relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 17-38, February.
- A. F. Beardon, 1997. "Utility representation of continuous preferences," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 369-372.
- Mehta, Ghanshyam, 1991. "The Euclidean Distance Approach to Continuous Utility Functions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(3), pages 975-77, August.
- Mehta, Ghanshyam, 1981. "A New Extension Procedure for the Arrow-Hahn Theorem," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(1), pages 113-18, February.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 1995. "Metric utility functions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 289-298, March.
- Gori, Michele & Pianigiani, Giulio, 2010.
"On the Arrow-Hahn utility representation method,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 282-287, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.