Comment on 'Chaotic Monetary Dynamics with Confidence'
AbstractThis paper is a comment on Serletis and Shintani, 'Chaotic Monetary Dynamics with Confidence,' which is to appear in a special issue of the Journal of Macroeconomics on chaos in economics. The Editor of the special issue invited comments from discussants of all papers in the special issue, with the comments to be published in the special issue. This invited comment is to appear in the special issue along with Serletis and Shintani's paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0505017.
Length: 3 pages
Date of creation: 20 May 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 3
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
chaos bifurcation Divisia money aggregation;
Other versions of this item:
- Barnett, William A., 2006. "Comments on "Chaotic monetary dynamics with confidence"," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 253-255, March.
- William Barnett, 2006. "Comment on 'Chaotic Monetary Dynamics with Confidence'," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200602, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2005-05-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-05-23 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barnett, William A. & He, Yijun, 2002. "Stabilization Policy As Bifurcation Selection: Would Stabilization Policy Work If The Economy Really Were Unstable?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(05), pages 713-747, November.
- Mototsugu Shintani & Oliver Linton, 2003.
"Nonparametric Neural Network Estimation of Lyapunov Exponents and a Direct Test for Chaos,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0309, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Shintani, Mototsugu & Linton, Oliver, 2004. "Nonparametric neural network estimation of Lyapunov exponents and a direct test for chaos," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 1-33, May.
- Oliver Linton & Mototsugu Shintani, 2002. "Nonparametric Neutral Network Estimation of Lyapunov Exponents and a Direct Test for Chaos," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2002/434, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Oliver Linton & Mototsugu Shintani, 2003. "Nonparametric Neural Network Estimation of Lyapunov Exponents and a Direct Test for Chaos," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2003/455, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- William A. Barnett & Jane Binner & W. Erwin Diewert, 2005. "Functional Structure and Approximation in Econometrics (book front matter)," Econometrics 0511006, EconWPA.
- William Barnett & A. Ronald Gallant & Melvin J. Hinich & Jochen A. Jungeilges & Daniel T. Kaplan & Mark J. Jensen, 2012.
"A Single-Blind Controlled Competition Among Tests For Nonlinearity And Chaos,"
WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS
201219, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Barnett, William A. & Gallant, A. Ronald & Hinich, Melvin J. & Jungeilges, Jochen A. & Kaplan, Daniel T. & Jensen, Mark J., 1997. "A single-blind controlled competition among tests for nonlinearity and chaos," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 157-192.
- William A. Barnett & A. Ronald Gallant & Melvin J. Hinich & Jochen A. Jungeilges & Daniel T. Kaplan & Mark J. Jensen, 1996. "A Single-Blind Controlled Competition among Tests for Nonlinearity and Chaos," Econometrics 9602005, EconWPA, revised 20 Sep 1996.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:6:y:2002:i:5:p:713-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Orlando Gomes, 2006. "Routes to chaos in macroeconomic theory," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(6), pages 437-468, November.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Uritskaya, Olga Y., 2007. "Detecting signatures of stochastic self-organization in US money and velocity measures," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 385(1), pages 281-291.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.