On Stock Market Dynamics through Ultrametricity of Minimum Spanning Tree
AbstractWe analyze the evolving price °uctuations by using ultrametric distance of minimally spanning ¯nancial tree of stocks traded in Jakarta Stock Exchange 2000-2004. Ultrametricity is derived from transformation of correlation coe±cients into the distances among stocks. Our analysis evaluates the performance of ups and downs of stock prices and discovers the evolution towards the ¯nancial and economic stabilization in Indonesia. This is partly recognized by mapping the hierarchical trees upon the realization of liquid and illiquid stocks. We remind that the methodology is useful in two terms: the evaluation of spectral market movements and intuitively understanding for portfolio management purposes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0505010.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 12 May 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 18
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
ultrametricity; minimum spanning tree; liquidity; Jakarta Stock Exchange.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-05-14 (Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2005-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rama Cont & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 1997. "Herd behavior and aggregate fluctuations in financial markets," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500028, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Makowiec, D., 2004. "On modeling of inefficient market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 36-40.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:4:y:2000:i:2:p:170-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Bonanno & Fabrizio Lillo & Rosario N. Mantegna, 2001.
"Levels of complexity in financial markets,"
- Bonanno, Giovanni & Lillo, Fabrizio & Mantegna, Rosario N., 2001. "Levels of complexity in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 16-27.
- Cont, Rama & Bouchaud, Jean-Philipe, 2000. "Herd Behavior And Aggregate Fluctuations In Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 170-196, June.
- Situngkir, Hokky, 2012. "Indonesian Stock Market Crisis Observation with Spectral and Composite Index," MPRA Paper 35961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Situngkir, Hokky & Surya, Yohanes, 2006. "Kerangka Kerja Ekonofisika dalam Basel II," MPRA Paper 896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.