A Compositional Statistical Analysis of Capital per Worker
AbstractMost of economic literature has presented its analysis under the assumption of homogeneous capital stock composition. However, capital composition differs across countries. What has been the pattern of capital composition associated with World economies? I make an exploratory statistical analysis based on the Aitchinson logratio transformations and the related tools for visualizing and measuring statistical estimators of association among the components. As initial findings could be cited that: 1. It is observed a clear correlation in terms of capital stock participation between two building-industry- related components, 2. Manufacturing behaves differently, especially durable goods sector. 3. There are differences among subsamples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0301006.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 18 Jan 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Acrobat PDF; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP; pages: 24 ; figures: included. 24 pages, postscript, prepared from MS Word - figures prepared from MS Excel
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
compositional statistics; Aitchison logratio; capital structure; complementarities; comparative economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-27 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, .
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Canning, David & Bennathan, Esra, 2000. "The social rate of return on infrastructure investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2390, The World Bank.
- John Aitchison & Michael Greenacre, 2002.
"Biplots of compositional data,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 51(4), pages 375-392.
- Larrosa, Juan MC, 2005. "A Latent Budget Analysis Approach to Classification: Examples from Economics," MPRA Paper 12569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.