Germany's broadband networks - innovation on hold
AbstractThe market for information and communication technologies is changing rapidly. Products and applications that used to be completely separate are becoming almost interchangeable. Sweeping change lies ahead in voice and data telephony: the fixed-line telephone network faces new competition from innovative technologies. In this report we concentrate on analysing the economic potential of TV-cable and powerline networks as internet-access media, and discuss the prospects for the communications market. Besides looking into the technological developments, we examine the market relevance of existing ownership and competitive structures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Law and Economics with number 0407003.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 28 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 10
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
ICT; cable; Germany; Broadband;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2004-08-02 (Innovation)
- NEP-NET-2004-08-09 (Network Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.