Connections, Specialization, & Lawsuits: The Influence of Human and Social Capital Formation in the Legal Profession
AbstractLegal profession represents a key labor sector whether in politics or business in any developed or underdeveloped country. What resources do lawyers use for matching the demand to their own services’ supply? Private sector lawyers make use of their level of human capital and their social capital for this to be accomplished. This work makes a literature survey focusing on legal profession and their relationships with these capital dimensions. Particular interest is given to the relationship of these capital forms and the effectiveness of professional performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Labor and Demography with number 0507005.
Length: 55 pages
Date of creation: 08 Jul 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 55
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Human capital; social capital; legal profession;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-REG-2005-07-11 (Regulation)
- NEP-SOC-2005-07-11 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.