Technology and work - the 21st century and its challenges
AbstractIn sectors using information and communications technology (ICT) as platform for innovation, the meaning of the term 'work' is undergoing fundamental change. New technologies are helping to accommodate employees' individual preferences regarding working hours and location. In this respect, Germany is insufficiently prepared for the high demands of the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Labor and Demography with number 0407004.
Date of creation: 28 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
ICT; work place organization; information technology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-08-02 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2004-08-02 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.