Independent review of the Job Network
AbstractIn 2001, the Government asked the Commission to undertake a nine-month independent review of the Job Network. The Commission would look at the framework for delivering labour market assistance (the purchaser- provider model) and identify areas where the model could be improved. The Commission found that the Job Network has so far not made a large difference to net employment, but this was also true for past programs, while the Job Network is less costly. TheCommission found there is scope for outcomes to improve over time and has recommended a range of incremental reforms to achieve this.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Labor and Demography with number 0210002.
Length: 600 pages
Date of creation: 16 Oct 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Word 97; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP; pages: 600; figures: included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
employment service; search effectiveness; Job Matching; Intensive Assistance; Australian Jobsearch System; New Enterprise Incentive Scheme; Project Contracting; Harvest Labour Services; unemployment; Job Search Training;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Dawkins & Paul Gregg & Rosanna Scutella, 2001.
"The Growth of Jobless Households in Australia,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2001n03, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Bruce Chapman & D. Weatherburn & C.A. Kapuscinski & M. Chilvers & S. Roussel, 2002. "Unemployment Duration, Schooling and Property Crime," CEPR Discussion Papers 447, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Bishop, J., 1992. "Improving Job-Worker Matching in the U.S. Labor Market," Papers 92-40, Cornell - Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies.
- Bruttel, Oliver, 2005. "Contracting-out and governance mechanisms in the public employment service," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2005-109, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Kretschmer, Anne, 2005. "Das australische Arbeitsvermittlungssystem: Vorbild für Deutschland?," BeitrÃ¤ge zur angewandten Wirtschaftsforschung 8, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Dalen, Dag Morten & Moen, Espen R. & Riis, Christian, 2006.
"Contract renewal and incentives in public procurement,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 269-285, March.
- Dalen, Dag Morten & Moen, Espen R & Riis, Christian, 2004. "Contract Renewal and Incentives in Public Procurement," CEPR Discussion Papers 4540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruttel, Oliver, 2002. "Die Privatisierung der öffentlichen Arbeitsverwaltung am Beispiel Australiens," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment FS I 02-214, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Onderstal, Sander, 2009. "Bidding for the unemployed: An application of mechanism design to welfare-to-work programs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 715-722, August.
- Pierre Koning & S. Onderstal, 2004. "Auctioning incentive contracts; application to welfare-to-work programs," CPB Discussion Paper 38, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Bruttel, Oliver, 2005. "Die Privatisierung der öffentlichen Arbeitsvermittlung : Erfahrungen aus Australien, den Niederlanden und Großbritannien (The privatisation of public employment services * experiences made in Austra," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 38(1), pages 7-29.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.