Tous unis contre le protectionisme des pays du Nord
Abstract'Everyone against the protectionism of developed countries' Even if the debate on globalization pits sceptics and enthusiasts against one another, they seem to agree on exposing the protectionism of developed countries. This is illustrated by a recent report by OXFAM on trade, the way some enthusiats have reacted to it, and miscellaneous interventions both by enthsiasts and sceptics. Could that point a possibility to reconciliation ? On the one hand, the usual tools used by enthusiasts to analyse the effects of liberalization actually show that the gains from further liberalization by developed countries would be limited and would accrue mainly to themselves. On the other hand, the models that would show that liberalization by developed countries could be crucial for poor countries'development also show that it might not be in the best interest of poor countries to liberalize. So no reconcilation seems in sight.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0411006.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 26 Nov 2004
Date of revision: 07 Dec 2004
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 35. Text in French. Revue de l'OFCE, n° 84, janvier 2003.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Other versions of this item:
- Guillaume Daudin, 2003. "Tous unis contre le protectionnisme des pays du Nord ?," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 84(1), pages 95-130.
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicholas Crafts & Anthony J. Venables, 2002.
"Globalization in History: A Geographical Perspective,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0524, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nicholas Crafts & Anthony Venables, 2003. "Globalization in History.A Geographical Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 323-370 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Venables, Anthony J., 2001. "Globalization in History: A Geographical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 3079, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholas Crafts & Tony Venables, 2002. "Globalization in history: a geographical perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2135, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Antoine d'Autume & Philippe Michel, 1993.
"Hystérésis et piège du sous-développement dans un modèle de croissance endogène,"
Programme National Persée, vol. 44(2), pages 431-450.
- Antoine d'Autume & Philippe Michel, 1993. "Hystérésis et piège du sous-développement dans un modèle de croissance endogène," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(2), pages 431-450.
- Sébastien Dessus & Kiichiro Fukasaku & Raed Safadi, 2001. "Multilateral Tariff Liberalisation and the Developing Countries," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 18, OECD Publishing.
- Geoffrey J. Bannister, 2001. "International Trade and Poverty Alleviation," IMF Working Papers 01/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Azariadis, Costas & Drazen, Allan, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-26, May.
- François Benaroya & Jean-Pierre Cling, 2001. "Crise du développement et impasse des négociations commerciales multilatérales," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 16(2), pages 73-117.
- David Dollar & Aart Kraay, 2004.
"Trade, Growth, and Poverty,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages F22-F49, 02.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2003. "La logistique de la mondialisation," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 87(4), pages 409-435.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.