Impact of Exchange Rate Change on Foreign Trade Balance in Nepal
AbstractNepal is a land locked country having 800 kms. open border with India. It has been facing the trade deficit from history to yet especially with India and then to the rest of the world (RoW) countries. His Majesty the Government had adopted the different policies in different time but most of them are found to be failed. In these circumstances this study tries to identify whether the exchange rate change (especially the currency devaluation) is the best solution to solve the problem by using the appropriate hypothesis and methodology as mentioned in the article.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0410003.
Date of creation: 28 Oct 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - doc
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Exchange Rate; Foreign Trade;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IFN-2004-11-07 (International Finance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guna Raj Bhatta, 2013. "Remittance and Trade Deficit Nexus in Nepal: A VECM Approach," NRB working Paper 14/2013, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department.
- Guna Raj Bhatta, 2013. "Remittanceand Trade Deficit Nexus in Nepal: A VECM Approach," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 25(1), pages 37-50, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.