Preparing Relative Intensity Triangles
AbstractThis paper provides the formulas required for the triangular representation of three dimensional primary input intensities. The first section provides an exposition of 'endowment triangles'; and the second presents relative intensity triangles, i.e. those for representing relative primary input endowments of countries, or relative primary input intensity of products. The third section contains the formulas to calculate the coordinates, and the last is devoted to a numerical example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0407008.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 21 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - zip; pages: 21. Unzip the file to find the paper and a spreadsheet with the numerical example.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
factor intensity; factor content; triangle; factor endowment; endowment triangle;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-26 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leamer, Edward E, 1987. "Paths of Development in the Three-Factor, n-Good General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 961-99, October.
- Elio Londero, 2001. "Primary-input intensities under alternative measures of rent content," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 429-450.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.