The role of risk and cost-benefit analysis in determining quarantine measures
AbstractThis paper describes the World Trade Organization Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and supporting international guidelines. It examines the existing import risk analysis approach to determining quarantine measures used by WTO member countries and considers some possible methodological innovations — such as the incorporation of cost–benefit analysis — and the associated difficulties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0203002.
Length: 90 pages
Date of creation: 17 Mar 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Word 97; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP; pages: 90 ; figures: included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
quarantine - import risk - WTO - protection - risk management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-13 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anh Tu & John C. Beghin & Estelle Gozlan, 2005.
"Tariff Escalation and Invasive Species Risk,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
05-wp407, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Tu, Anh Thuy & Beghin, John C., 2005. "Tariff Escalation and Invasive Species Risk," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19518, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Anh Tu & John C. Beghin & Estelle Gozlan, 2005. "Tariff Escalation and Invasive Species Risk," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 05-wp407, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Tu, Anh Thuy & Beghin, John & Gozlan, Estelle, 2008.
"Tariff escalation and invasive species damages,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 619-629, November.
- Tu, Anh Thuy & Beghin, John C., 2004. "Intra-Industry Trade, Imperfect Competition, Trade Integration and Invasive Species Risk," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20032, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.