Offshore investment by Australian firms: survey evidence
AbstractThis paper presents the findings of a new survey by the Commission on what motivates Australian firms to operate or relocate their headquarters offshore, and the implications for Australia. The Commission found that the establishment by Australian firms of operations overseas typically complements their domestic activities. The survey confirms that relatively few firms are relocating their headquarters offshore.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0203001.
Length: 96 pages
Date of creation: 17 Mar 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Word 97; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP; pages: 96 ; figures: included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
offshore investment - firms locating offshore - survey - branch office - foreign direct investment - headquarters - "branch office";
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mody, Ashoka & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2002.
"The Role of Information in Driving FDI: Theory and Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3619, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Assaf Razin & Ashoka Mody & Efraim Sadka, 2002. "The Role of Information in Driving FDI: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 9255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashoka Mody & Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 2003.
"The Role of Information in Driving FDI Flows: Host-Country Tranparency and Source Country Specialization,"
NBER Working Papers
9662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Assaf Razin & Ashoka Mody & Efraim Sadka, 2003. "The Role of Information in Driving FDI Flows: Host-Country Transparency and Source-Country Specialization," IMF Working Papers 03/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 2004. "Transparency, Specialization and FDI (new title: Corporate Transparency, Cream-Skimming and FDI)," CESifo Working Paper Series 1161, CESifo Group Munich.
- Assaf Razin, 2004. "The Contribution of FDI Flows to Domestic Investment in Capacity, and Vice Versa," NBER Chapters, in: Growth and Productivity in East Asia, NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 13, pages 149-176 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.